WESTS Tigers Team V Broncos

Tigermama

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Broncos

Post by Tigermama » Wed 25 May, 2016 10:39 am

I just want us to win 2 games in a row...Pleaseee.
It's been a while. :(
Last edited by Tigermama on Wed 25 May, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 25 May, 2016 10:40 am

Telltails wrote:Many people have made their minds up about Sirro and dont see the growth in his game but will focus on any errors he makes. Yes his work rate with the ball needs some significant improvement but as others have said his defence is solid.
Flannagan seems to have a knack of getting the best from his forwards and if reports are true that he has gone to the Sharks the sooner the better. He has become the favourite whipping boy and for his own sake he needs a change of clubs
I for one will watch with interest to see the impact a new coaching environment will have on him may answer a lot of questions
What I see to much in Siro is a bloke who lacks urgency, he will make a tackle, slowly gets up to his feet and trots back into the line, or a bloke who makes a run, plays the ball and watches the next play before getting back in position in case the balls comes his way. You do not see him sprinting back into the line to often. i am sure like the dynamic duo he will make the grade but he needs to realise what is required at this level and I give Taylor a pat on the back for having the ticker to drop him, but he now has to show the same ticker with any other under performing players

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 25 May, 2016 10:50 am

Boonboon2 wrote:I think the critcism of Kev is a bit harsh, had an average game against dogs coming off being knocked out the week before and carrying an injury but overall he has had a great start to the year.

He was named in the 5 form centres of the season in the comp only 2 weeks ago
He has scored 6 tries, 4 try assists, 7 line breaks and 26 tackle breaks and 95 meters a game
His error rate and penalties conceded are down from last yr, his tackle efficency up from 72% to 79% despite making on average twice as many tackles per game this year

It would be very harsh to drop him and I think he has more then earned the right for 1 bad game
I agree completely Boonboon! How quickly people forget. I'll bet some of the same people who sung Kev's praises a few weeks ago are now bagging him. I don't think it's the best possible side at all. I've said it before but Brooks should be dropped and replaced by Littlejohn. The Premier League team is firing and Littlejohn probably takes some credit for that. Also, Fine more than deserves another chance. I would have him on the bench with Ballin starting at hooker, Dene out and LJ as the backup if necessary. Siro is where he belongs. He's been an imposter for for far too long. Harsh but true.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 25 May, 2016 11:02 am

Tigermama wrote:
tigerman80 wrote:Am i missing something, why is Cherrington out of favour. Surely we would get more then what we are getting out of Halatau.

How refreshing was JAC. Caught the high ball all game, made metres, ran hard. If he gets dropped when Tedesco comes back then im going to lose my mind
Tigerman i don't know why Cherrington is out of favour, but Halatau is one of the few senior players in our team, is co-captain and part of the leadership group, so i doubt JT will drop him unfortunately.
All I can think of re Cherrington is that either he is going to leave or it's too risky having three smaller defenders in the line at once (adding Moses and Brooks).

And Dene being one of the senior players gets picked regardless although I'd just go with Ballin and ET as back up.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 25 May, 2016 11:03 am

stevetiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
This side is puss!
And if you think sirro deserves his spot you're kidding yourself! Even Lovett is a better choice than him now, Lawrence is streaks ahead of him, you talk about defensive efficiencies, if the game is on the line I would much preferred Lawrence is making the tackle over sirro!
Lawrence is leading the entire comp in missed tackles that lead to tries. Sirro has many faults, but his defence is consistently pretty good.
I would keep giving Siro chances and definitely monitor how he goes in the lower grades. His defence is good and we can work with that.
His defence is good Steve, but watching him live he really struggles to get back into the defensive line and in position after making a tackle. He often only just gets back but is still turning around when the others are starting to move up on the next possession and leaves a hole.

Seems to get gassed so quickly in games...?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 25 May, 2016 11:08 am

barra wrote:
His defence is good Steve, but watching him live he really struggles to get back into the defensive line and in position after making a tackle. He often only just gets back but is still turning around when the others are starting to move up on the next possession and leaves a hole.

Seems to get gassed so quickly in games...?
As Jake the Muss would say, "too much weights, not enough speed work."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 25 May, 2016 1:31 pm

barra wrote:Seems to get gassed so quickly in games...?
I reckon this is a fair criticism of Siro. He doesn't seem to have the gas to play a decent spell. His game output is too low.

I'm also not sure if he has the speed to play on the edge. I reckon he should try and make his game ala ET. Good defence, a high work rate, the ability to ball play and probably better suited to the middle than the edge.

He is going to have to assess his game and see where he fits in.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 25 May, 2016 1:36 pm

stevetiger wrote:
barra wrote:Seems to get gassed so quickly in games...?
I reckon this is a fair criticism of Siro. He doesn't seem to have the gas to play a decent spell. His game output is too low.

I'm also not sure if he has the speed to play on the edge. I reckon he should try and make his game ala ET. Good defence, a high work rate, the ability to ball play and probably better suited to the middle than the edge.

He is going to have to assess his game and see where he fits in.

I think he has the gas, but he lacks urgency in his game, I am not saying he is lazy, I think he maybe just a real lay back character that need a big prod

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 25 May, 2016 7:13 pm

For being a pretty big fella he seems to have no power or impact in both attack and defence. Cannot remember the last time he ran flat out at the line and powered through it or even fended someone off and broke the line, when we played Souths little Keary pulled him down with ease in several one-on-one situations.......that says something is lacking IMO ( look at how damaging Taumalolo is and he would only be Sirro's size or thereabouts).
Cannot remember the last time he demolished anybody in defence either, needs more aggression and intent to inflict some pain.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 May, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm glad Taylor had the guts to finally bite the bullet. Should have been dropped 12 months ago. Could be the best thing that ever happened to him, realizing that being selected every week is a privilege not a right. A couple of his mates should take note of the example that's been made of him too.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 May, 2016 7:19 pm

And it excites me to think he may be gone to the Sharks. Not just because i don't rate him, but because of the money it would free up that could be much better spent elsewhere.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 25 May, 2016 9:16 pm

Fade To Black wrote:For being a pretty big fella he seems to have no power or impact in both attack and defence. Cannot remember the last time he ran flat out at the line and powered through it or even fended someone off and broke the line, when we played Souths little Keary pulled him down with ease in several one-on-one situations.......that says something is lacking IMO ( look at how damaging Taumalolo is and he would only be Sirro's size or thereabouts).
Cannot remember the last time he demolished anybody in defence either, needs more aggression and intent to inflict some pain.
Some blokes just don't have it in them to run hard into the defensive line, I see it all the time even with the guys I coach. Some will run at the line trying to hurt anybody that gets in their way others just plod along without much intent at all. I think it's more of a mental thing with Sirro, I don't doubt he has talent somewhere that we haven't seen yet but I just think he might be mentally weak. In saying that I don't think he deserves to cop it as hard as he does considering he has many other mates that are just as bad if not worse that parade around pretending to be first grade footballers.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 25 May, 2016 9:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:And it excites me to think he may be gone to the Sharks. Not just because i don't rate him, but because of the money it would free up that could be much better spent elsewhere.
Farah and the wonder kid halves should be put in that basket too

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 25 May, 2016 9:59 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:And it excites me to think he may be gone to the Sharks. Not just because i don't rate him, but because of the money it would free up that could be much better spent elsewhere.
Farah and the wonder kid halves should be put in that basket too
Sironen is good value compared to Farah, Moses, Brooks and Lawrence.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 27 May, 2016 12:04 am

That is harsh on Lawrence who has taken a pay cut to help the club.

When we signed him to the current contract he was the hottest centre prospect in the game. I will always remember him smoking Slater over 90 metres.

It's just a shame our coaches took so long sending him to the second row after the injury.

Should have been made captain as he has much maturity on Woods.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Fri 27 May, 2016 12:10 pm

Fade To Black wrote:For being a pretty big fella he seems to have no power or impact in both attack and defence. Cannot remember the last time he ran flat out at the line and powered through it or even fended someone off and broke the line, when we played Souths little Keary pulled him down with ease in several one-on-one situations.......that says something is lacking IMO ( look at how damaging Taumalolo is and he would only be Sirro's size or thereabouts).
Lovett has the same lack of impact in A and D yet has improved in some people's eyes,don't know where, but should shake hands with Stringer also, give someone else a go in another lost season.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 27 May, 2016 12:15 pm

At least Lovett plays with a bit of urgency and intensity.
And he would be on a quarter of the cash that Sirro is on.
I would love to see Sirro be a star for WT but it just doesn't seem that he has improved from his first game. If we end up keeping him he would realistically need to understand that his contract needs to be reduced in value because he has been dining out on the "potential" tag for a fair few seasons now.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 27 May, 2016 1:47 pm

Usually dont defend Lovett but recently have been
Watch him tonight, will be only one of two players who will push in support each time.

Yes he has a lack of impact in A & D but he tries