Ballin is like a great bass player

criwdfluffer

Re: Ballin is like a great bass player

Post by criwdfluffer » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:28 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:Gee I must have been watching another game.

Took poor options,passes behind the player.

Not impressed at all with Ballin so far.
Yes, we must have been watching the same game. His passing to the left to Brooks was slow, high and behind him. I know he is coming back from a knee injury but he is painfully pedestrian out of dummy half. Was selfish on a number of occasions and went missing from dummy half and at one stage Grant had to rush in to retrieve the ball, I believe it was four play the balls until he got in position.
Exactly how i saw it.....took some terrible runs close to the line with the backs screaming for it.

Gave some shockers to Brooksie and yes he was MIA at dummy half for a bit there. And he seemed way slow with these passes.

Im suprised everyones all lovey dovey over him....so far very average.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:36 pm

Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Yes, we must have been watching the same game. His passing to the left to Brooks was slow, high and behind him. I know he is coming back from a knee injury but he is painfully pedestrian out of dummy half. Was selfish on a number of occasions and went missing from dummy half and at one stage Grant had to rush in to retrieve the ball, I believe it was four play the balls until he got in position.
Thanks for your opinion Mr Ayoub. Do you often go counting the number of play the balls before the hooker takes up at dummy half or were you intently watching for any opportunity to criticise the bloke?
If you watched the after match interview with Ballin he said that it was basically his first full game and he was gassed.
Note that he only played 4 minutes last week and a bit of NSW cup before that, I thought he was great a lot better than Dene.
Must be in the 17 with ET.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:39 pm

Why is Halatau in the team when we have Ballin, Cherrington, Liddle ?
His stupid penaly on 5th tackle stupid stupid stupid :bash

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:40 pm

Why is Halatau in the team when we have Ballin, Cherrington, Liddle ?
His stupid penaly on 5th tackle stupid stupid stupid :bash

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:40 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Exactly how i saw it.....took some terrible runs close to the line with the backs screaming for it.

Gave some shockers to Brooksie and yes he was MIA at dummy half for a bit there. And he seemed way slow with these passes.

Im suprised everyones all lovey dovey over him....so far very average.
Your guide dogs aren't real good footy judges are they ??

So G'day to Uncle Robbie for us

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:41 pm

I see Farahs key board warriors are out tonight , 2 wins with out the million $ man says it all !

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:42 pm

Wow comedy isnt your forte.

I thought Elijah was the one that really opened up the space for Brooksie.

His passes were out in front and slick as!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:49 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:Wow comedy isnt your forte.

I thought Elijah was the one that really opened up the space for Brooksie.

His passes were out in front and slick as!
Wasn't being funny

Rugby League doesn't seem to be your forte , but don't worry , you'll eventually stumble over something you know a little about at some stage when you least expect it

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:54 pm

He is overrated. Seriously. He isn't a bad player but he isn't anywhere near as good as being made out on here. If Robbie played like that he would cop it.

I hope I'm wrong.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:56 pm

Farah's stupid and un-necessary comments, he again shown his big ego and that he was captain for too long :twisted:
SOO, super bowl ,,, anything before WT :crazy

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 10:57 pm

Snake wrote:I see Farahs key board warriors are out tonight , 2 wins with out the million $ man says it all !
I don't get these comments. I have never rated Robbie highly but to make out that Robbie being out is what won us that game is delusional.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:02 pm

Ballin was brilliant.You could see the players appreciated having him in the number nine.
No kicks on the third and fourth tackle that no one knows about. No running from dummy half trying to milk penalty's. The halves calling for the ball and getting it with quick service.
Good to see A Team player at hooker who actually looks like his enjoying himself.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:07 pm

Super impressed with his game, the try in the 31st min was all Ballin. Have a look..

The service was notable sloppy for the 5 mins prior to him coming on, once he arrived it straightened us up.

Yes he did go missing late in his stint but to JT's credit he brought Dene back on when needed.

Like what I've seen thus far

It has to be said, credit due where it's due "well coached JT tonight"

Swung the changes & used the bench well... kudos. Dare I say it even Lovett did a job tonight
Last edited by cuzzo on Fri 27 May, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:09 pm

Fumbles wrote:Ballin was brilliant.You could see the players appreciated having him in the number nine.
No kicks on the third and fourth tackle that no one knows about. No running from dummy half trying to milk penalty's. The halves calling for the ball and getting it with quick service.
Good to see A Team player at hooker who actually looks like his enjoying himself.
He still made a dud play out there that I noticed and he wasn't that good. Robbie offers a lot more at this point.

In stating that if it comes down to value for money it's a different situation.

His service also wasn't that great.

Post by 851 » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:10 pm

Ballin looked pretty good, JT needs to get over the pick and stick and punt Halatau for Ballin, there are others JT needs to play as well but that would mean dropping players.
Go hard or go home

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:30 pm

stevetiger wrote:
He still made a dud play out there that I noticed and he wasn't that good. Robbie offers a lot more at this point.

In stating that if it comes down to value for money it's a different situation.

His service also wasn't that great.
i bet your dream job is carting Robbies plums around, one in each hand.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:22 am

Tigers record without Farah this year is pretty good. It is Worth discussing.The halves have tended to play better without him, although they did some dumb things tonight again.

However in previous years it has been the opposite. Over and over again. We have had a far better reocrd with Robbie . So to see people on their high horse about it like Robbie has ben holding us back for years I find quite quite amusing. When the stats (facts) say opposite.

Also Ballin did take at least 1 or 2 bad options near the line going himself. If Robbie did that certain posters would have screamed the house down. There were also 1 or 2 high passes, again if it was Robbie they would have pointed this out.

Im all for picking in form players. All this Pro Robbie, Against Robbie rubbish is just that in my opinion.

Sane fans just want to win and have the best 17 on the paddock. If Ballin is playing better then Farah then I say give him the starting gig. Well done Ballin on a pretty good game.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:29 am

I like Ballin.

Great guy, team player and does his job admirably.

Got smashed a few times when he took the line on though but kept going again which shows determination.

At this point Ballin delivers much better service then Robbie; however Robbie is more of an attacking threat and is better at taking the markers and line on. Robbie also has a better kicking game and provides a left foot option. Their defence is probably equal.

You could mount a case for either to be our number nine. I don't know about having both in the 17 though, I'm more of a fan of the 4 forward bench. I'd be happy to have either as our 9, but I can't see JT dropping Robbie. We will probably see
9. Farah
14. Ballin
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...