Ballin is like a great bass player

innsaneink

Re: Ballin is like a great bass player

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:50 pm

Do you really think Farahs crap has no effect on the team and results?
That's very naive

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 28 May, 2016 1:09 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Russell. I completely disagree with you.

Robbie is a better player than Ballin and our team will play better with him there over Ballin. Just because we won games without Robbie it doesn't mean Robbie is the issue. Do we also sack Woods ? Do we sack Tedesco ?

Ballin was average last night. He wasn't terrible but he definitely wasn't at Robbie's level. Robbie is the SOO hooker.

You and others need to start dropping the hate towards Robbie (who I don't like either) and start thinking about winning games.
I don't hate Robbie at all - I hate what he has done and what he is still doing.

You think Ballin was average - that is ok.
You think Ballin is not at Farah's level - disagree.
You think Farah is the SOO Hooker - yes he is but shouldn't be on form.

So we disagree again, as usual really - that is what the Forum is about.
The bolded is part is what I think matters to you and others on here. Winning games is what is important to me.
Steve, if that was true, then our record without him on the park this season is far better, than when he has played. The statistics are quite alarmingly in favour of Robbie being the constant in whether we win or lose this year. If winning games is important to you, chew on those facts for a minute.

ILTIGRE

Post by ILTIGRE » Sat 28 May, 2016 1:54 pm

I will be very curious to see if farah will back up after origin as he usually does. Youd think for the team as a whole moving forward, if ballin continues to improve, to allow robbie to rest as it would mean one of the younger forwards wont have to drop out of the side, gaining valuable experience.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:04 pm

We have won a few games without teddy.

Just saying. ..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:31 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:We have won a few games without teddy.

Just saying. ..
Now your comparing Tedesco to Farah ?? :roll

Robbie paying you by the positive comment now ??

Next you'll be making him the next Immortal

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:33 pm

All I will say on the subject is that Ballin had of been born south of the border he would of played 20 + SOO games by now

But then again you could probably say that of at least 3-4 Qld born hookers

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:12 pm

eyewonder wrote:if ballin becomes the incumbent bass guitarist ,does that relegate robbie to be the team percussionist?
More of a backing singer. I.e. feeding whinging stories to the media while the rest of the team focuses on playing.

Clawdan

Post by Clawdan » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:24 pm

Ballin made an instant difference when he came on, I agree Halatau can go when robbie returns. Bring back Cherington too i dont know what happend with him?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:41 pm

Harvey wrote:
eyewonder wrote:if ballin becomes the incumbent bass guitarist ,does that relegate robbie to be the team percussionist?
More of a backing singer. I.e. feeding whinging stories to the media while the rest of the team focuses on playing.
Singing the Blues , that's all he cares about football wise these days

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:13 am

If Ballin has a settling effect on the team, especially the halves, then than it is a huge plus in itself. If his service from dummy half was good too then that is a bonus. To be honest, I didn't notice him much, especially when dealing with sketchy reception on a live streaming computer.

EndlessPassion

Post by EndlessPassion » Sun 29 May, 2016 7:56 am

Russell wrote:

Robbie is a better player than Ballin and our team will play better with him there over Ballin. Just because we won games without Robbie it doesn't mean Robbie is the issue. Do we also sack Woods ? Do we sack Tedesco ?

Ballin was average last night. He wasn't terrible but he definitely wasn't at Robbie's level. Robbie is the SOO hooker.

You and others need to start dropping the hate towards Robbie (who I don't like either) and start thinking about winning games.
I don't hate Robbie at all - I hate what he has done and what he is still doing.

What has Robbie done. He had a contract with the wests tigers. Oh wait maybe encouraging Tedesco to re sign with the Tigers.

Ballin was ok but is no where near the class of Farah. Yes Robbie is out of form but bleeds black white and gold and I'll have that any day. ;)

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:32 am

Russell wrote:

If Farah had played as poorly as Ballin did on Friday night this thread would be 30 pages. Let's face it, the cost of playing a 33 year old hooker with a bung knee is Cherrington. A poor result for the club.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 May, 2016 9:03 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Russell wrote:

If Farah had played as poorly as Ballin did on Friday night this thread would be 30 pages. Let's face it, the cost of playing a 33 year old hooker with a bung knee is Cherrington. A poor result for the club.
In the coming weeks we will all see the master stroke of bringing Ballin to the club on many levels...Ballin is a mature TEAM player he will give the halves the ball they require to do there thing .What about me Robbie can start of the bench where he belongs!

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 2:26 pm

I thought he was good on Friday and will get better with match fitness. Once he's played a few games with us I don't think there will be much difference between Rob & Ballin in terms of what they offer the team.

I like what Rob has given the tigers over the years, but you can see why it was tempting to allow him to negotiate knowing Ballin was on the books at favourable terms.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 2:59 pm

Snake wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Russell wrote:

I really didn't notice Ballin much at all, didn't expect too either, as he was only playing really his first game,
Not sure what the OTT about his game was for.
He'l be exactly what he is now, a good back up for Farah.
The biggest difference in our game was that maybe ET shamed our guys into running with a bit of purpose, for a change.

In the coming weeks we will all see the master stroke of bringing Ballin to the club on many levels...Ballin is a mature TEAM player he will give the halves the ball they require to do there thing .What about me Robbie can start of the bench where he belongs!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 3:00 pm

Sorry Russell , I've entered my post in the middle of your post, didn't mean to, and if anyone knows how to change it, please let me know how.