Player stats from tonight

Tigertigertiger

Re: Player stats from tonight

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:23 am

All the boys had a dig last night which was great to see, now they need to do that on a weekly basis

Tough decisions coming up for the coach, JAC needs to be in that team but who makes way, also JJ had a crack from the bench and is getting better every game

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:07 am

Jj drops off when woods comes back. We don't want to burn him out as he could be a real goodun. I love his attitude has a real red hot go for a young prop.

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 29 May, 2016 10:12 am

Yep felise should go back to Cup for this week, he should be our prop injury backup.

He needs to be eased in, im all for him having a full season in firsts next year.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:20 am

Milky wrote:Yep felise should go back to Cup for this week, he should be our prop injury backup.

He needs to be eased in, im all for him having a full season in firsts next year.
x2

Logical move.
He looks good, let him develope slowely.
Cup not 20's sounds good imo/].

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 30 May, 2016 12:30 pm

They say 9 missed tackles for Brooks. Having watched the game it really didn't seem like he had a bad game defensively when the stats would suggest it was one of, if not, his worst game ever.

They must be counting all the times he rushes out of the line or on a kick chase where he gets to the attacker first, slows him right down, but the runner wriggles free only to be jumped on by 2-3 other defenders shortly after. I wouldn't count that as a missed tackle as he served his role for the team making the tackle, albeit he dropped off a second before the tackle was completed.

It's these differences which can skew stats against the likes of Brooks and Moses. I'm not saying they're great defenders but these stats can exaggerate their deficiencies.

I'd be curious to know how many of his missed tackles lead to a line break, line break assist or even a lot of metres made by the player. Those misses are usually glaringly obvious. The lack of those is why you can't look at stats as black and white as a true indicator of performance.

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 30 May, 2016 12:38 pm

We must have really dropped off the defensive effort in the 2nd half? The TV half-time stats only had us at 7 missed I think - and while they might have been wrong it's a long way from 32 missed for the game!!

Was pretty happy with the metres gained across the team, and thought Grant stepped up his energy and involvement with the ball.

everett

Unread post by everett » Mon 30 May, 2016 12:46 pm

Why can't we have three props on the bench. Sue can play prop and back row if required.

We need to manage Woods through the Origin period and coming off the bench and shorter minutes could be the go.

We have always been a small side now we have some size.

Lovett has earned his spot on the bench and Aloila is better than Sirro in the second row.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:49 pm

Keep Felise in the prop rotation, drop Halatau, move Aloiai back to the bench and play Sue in the 2nd row.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Return to “Round 12: Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers”