Elijah Taylor - Attacking Pivot

Russell

Re: Elijah Taylor - Attacking Pivot

Post by Russell » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:43 pm

Regan wrote:
851 wrote:
Regan wrote:IF you look back at his games this is the first time he has played like this at Penrith he was a tackling machine also played the same way at the warriors ......... so is Taylor a master coach
He said in an interview that Anthony Griffin dropped him because he was too one dimensional, defence orientated, so he went back to NSW Cup and worked on his attack, we are now reaping those rewards, thanks Anthony Griffin.

SO the question is .....Is Jason Taylor a master coach for letting Elijah Taylor play like that because Jason Taylor makes the game plans or just got lucky
JT has been blamed for game plans all season - when it works it is someone elses game plan.

Sue it is.

Adamtiger1

Post by Adamtiger1 » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:54 pm

ET makes our forward pack so much stronger. Now Sue can be that impact off the bench, grant and Ava dont have play big minutes and he has taken the pressure off some of the younger guys such Josh. A and Lovett which has seen their game go to another level over the last few weeks. Plus no leakage of points during the middle part of the game

I feel now with Ballin getting fit, Farah coming back after SOO and the emergence of JJ Felise (He's going to be awesome!), Dene has to be the weakest link

Post by 851 » Sat 28 May, 2016 1:01 pm

Russell wrote:
Regan wrote:
851 wrote:
Regan wrote:IF you look back at his games this is the first time he has played like this at Penrith he was a tackling machine also played the same way at the warriors ......... so is Taylor a master coach
He said in an interview that Anthony Griffin dropped him because he was too one dimensional, defence orientated, so he went back to NSW Cup and worked on his attack, we are now reaping those rewards, thanks Anthony Griffin.

SO the question is .....Is Jason Taylor a master coach for letting Elijah Taylor play like that because Jason Taylor makes the game plans or just got lucky
JT has been blamed for game plans all season - when it works it is someone elses game plan.

Sue it is.
I don't know who you are going to sue, but that is a fact about Taylor and Griffin, Taylor picked him yes.
Go hard or go home

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 29 May, 2016 3:01 am

Looking forward to seeing how he links up with teddy.
Seems to read the game better than our halves.

Well done to buckets and well done to Taylor for how he has used him.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 29 May, 2016 5:52 am

There's no doubt that he's a class act. What I like about him is his attitude and commitment. There's no doubting his balls skills, outstanding defense and big motor but what can't be underestimated is his driven but humble attitude. He seems highly motivated and determined to do his best during the whole 80 minutes and this seems to be rubbing off on several of his team mates, especially some of the forwards such as Lovett. A truly great signing.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:02 am

He was one of the best players at the Warriors, could never see why he wasn't considered good enough at the Panthers

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:55 am

stevetiger wrote:http://www.nrl.com/taylor-a-surprising- ... fault.aspx

Here is an article on Nrl.com about ET.
Steve, many thanks for the link to the article. May I suggest to any, who doubt the positive changes brought to the team by ET, they should note the comments from the players and the coach in the article below.

TAYLOR A SURPRISING SPARK TO TIGERS ATTACK.
Sat 28 May, 2016, 7:30am
By Tony Webeck , Chief Queensland Correspondent , NRL.com

Renowned as an 80-minute workaholic new recruit Elijah Taylor has brought an extra dimension to the Wests Tigers attack that halfback Luke Brooks says will bring the best out in his game.
Such was Taylor's influence in Wests 19-18 NRL Telstra Premiership win over the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night that it is hard to remember what the team's attack looked like without him only a month ago.
Acting as a fulcrum between the dummy-half and halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses, Taylor's influence gave Brooks in particular more time to weigh up his options and expose chinks in the Broncos' normally impregnable defence.
A sharp inside pass saw Taylor score his first try for the Tigers inside the first 20 minutes and they linked again late in the half for Brooks to hit Tim Simona with a cut-out pass for a try that put them in front for the first time in the game.
The fact that he topped the tackle count with 45 tackles for the Tigers comes as no surprise but Brooks admitted that he wasn't expecting the former Panther and Warrior to play such an important role with ball in hand.
"We all thought he was just a bloke who gets through a lot of work and just tackles and takes the dirty carries but he's come in and showed us his ball skills so it's been good for us," Brooks said after the Wests Tigers won two straight games for the first time since the opening two games of the season.
"I feel like off the back of him I'm running the ball more and getting the ball to the line and I think that's when I play my best footy, when I'm running to the line and taking the line on.
"He's played three games for us and we've won two of those games. I think today he got man of the match, last week he got players' player as well so he's obviously been a big help for us."
Twenty-six-year-old Taylor had played 106 first grade games before joining the Tigers last month but has had an immediately calming influence on a developing team still working out the balance between flair and precision.
"We've got a lot of young players and having another senior player in the middle to settle things down in the game when things get a bit frantic is really good for us," said Tigers skipper Chris Lawrence.
"We're obviously seeing the talent that some of our younger forwards can bring but he really has a calming influence on our attack and defence which I think you've seen over the last few weeks."
Although his input in attack came as something of a shock to his new teammates, coach Jason Taylor was in no doubt that he had a player who would contribute at both ends of the field when he secured his release from the Panthers.
"The minutes that he plays and the tackles that he makes in the middle of the field are just gold but the fact that he has got that creativity around the middle as well... he mixes his game up so nicely," said Taylor.
"He'll run if there's half a break, he'll pass short if there's an opportunity there and then when he decides to go out the back with those passes he creates opportunities or our halves.
"He's just added an extra threat to us which is great."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 10:36 am

bonstonker wrote:Looking forward to seeing how he links up with teddy.

It's a concern that he reads the game better than our halves but it is what it is. I reckon our halves have a lot to learn. Brooks was great though against the Broncos. We need that level of play regularly.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 10:37 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:He was one of the best players at the Warriors, could never see why he wasn't considered good enough at the Panthers
All it shows is how coaches everywhere can make poor decisions. It's not like he has an attitude problem either.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 11:33 am

stevied wrote:There's no doubting his balls skills
I'll take your word on that one. :lol:

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 29 May, 2016 12:00 pm

stevetiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:Looking forward to seeing how he links up with teddy.

It's a concern that he reads the game better than our halves but it is what it is. I reckon our halves have a lot to learn. Brooks was great though against the Broncos. We need that level of play regularly.
He is an International and they are just starting. I see that as reason enough.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 2:42 pm

Looks like we may have someone that Teddy can run off a lot more, Which is what I , ( and probably a fair few others ), thought Broses would be looking to do a lot more .
Especially as they've had a fair while together in the lower grades.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 2:48 pm

What a classy player - best backrower since Ellis & Dwyer.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 May, 2016 5:04 pm

Elijah Taylor interview on ABC Grandstand...

Speaks well..good football brain...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Sun 29 May, 2016 5:15 pm

I noted he said Grant has been playing with a broken rib, I've had one of them, very painful