Elijah Taylor - Attacking Pivot

Re: Elijah Taylor - Attacking Pivot

Post by 851 » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:21 pm

Regan wrote:IF you look back at his games this is the first time he has played like this at Penrith he was a tackling machine also played the same way at the warriors ......... so is Taylor a master coach
He said in an interview that Anthony Griffin dropped him because he was too one dimensional, defence orientated, so he went back to NSW Cup and worked on his attack, we are now reaping those rewards, thanks Anthony Griffin.
Go hard or go home

Regan

Post by Regan » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:38 pm

851 wrote:
Regan wrote:IF you look back at his games this is the first time he has played like this at Penrith he was a tackling machine also played the same way at the warriors ......... so is Taylor a master coach
He said in an interview that Anthony Griffin dropped him because he was too one dimensional, defence orientated, so he went back to NSW Cup and worked on his attack, we are now reaping those rewards, thanks Anthony Griffin.

SO the question is .....Is Jason Taylor a master coach for letting Elijah Taylor play like that because Jason Taylor makes the game plans or just got lucky

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:Quite impressive
Never seen a player have such an immediate impact at WTs like he has

I said the exact same thing. He's our best buy since Ellis

Regan

Post by Regan » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:51 pm

I remember when he was playing in the centers for the warriors he was good :pray: hope they can sign him for a few years

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:59 pm

Regan wrote:I remember when he was playing in the centers for the warriors he was good :pray: hope they can sign him for a few years
I get the impression that he's a humble, honourable guy that will probably agree to an extension as a sign of gratitude for being the opportunity to play first grade again. He wanted that chance and not only do we have him playing first grade but we've given him a central role in both attack and defence. If he keeps this form up though we'll need to make him a solid offer, which is fine because he'll have earned it.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:12 am

Unreal player. Hope he extends

Post by 851 » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:12 am

Regan wrote:
851 wrote:

SO the question is .....Is Jason Taylor a master coach for letting Elijah Taylor play like that because Jason Taylor makes the game plans or just got lucky
Jason Taylor is far from a master coach, surely you could have worked that out by now
Go hard or go home

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:16 am

tiga4eva wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Quite impressive
Never seen a player have such an immediate impact at WTs like he has

I said the exact same thing. He's our best buy since Ellis
Yep

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:25 am

Ill be honest I have been very impressed

I had not watched much of him at Penrith. Baffled how he could have been in reserves there.

He has been bloody outstanding.

We need to sign him for 3 years not 3 months!!!

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:02 am

Nelson wrote:
Regan wrote:I remember when he was playing in the centers for the warriors he was good :pray: hope they can sign him for a few years
I get the impression that he's a humble, honourable guy that will probably agree to an extension as a sign of gratitude for being the opportunity to play first grade again. He wanted that chance and not only do we have him playing first grade but we've given him a central role in both attack and defence. If he keeps this form up though we'll need to make him a solid offer, which is fine because he'll have earned it.
I feel the same! The vibe I get from him is he loves Rugby League and he wants to play for the team he has the best opportunities with.

Any news on how he's coming along with the team song?
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:12 am

A couple of his passes went to ground tonight.

Not to be a downer because he has been great.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:11 am

Regan wrote:
851 wrote:

JT has been a terrible coach. That can't really be debated rationally.

Maybe though JT has gotten this spot on. He picked ET straight away and has given him a critical role within the team. Maybe JT has a chance to improve as a coach. All I want from JT is more smart decisions.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:12 am

WestsSupporter wrote:
Nelson wrote:
I feel the same! The vibe I get from him is he loves Rugby League and he wants to play for the team he has the best opportunities with.

Any news on how he's coming along with the team song?
Can't comment on his vocal chords, but at least the team have had the opportunity to sing since he came into the side.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:13 am

Eddie wrote:Ill be honest I have been very impressed

I had not watched much of him at Penrith. Baffled how he could have been in reserves there.

He has been bloody outstanding.

We need to sign him for 3 years not 3 months!!!
x 2.

I can't believe he was playing reserve grade at Penrith. What a dud decision. I reckon he should make every NRL team in the comp.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 9:19 am

http://www.nrl.com/taylor-a-surprising- ... fault.aspx

Here is an article on Nrl.com about ET.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:14 am

We've certainly looked a different team since he came on the scene

Post by 851 » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:30 am

stevetiger wrote:http://www.nrl.com/taylor-a-surprising- ... fault.aspx

Here is an article on Nrl.com about ET.
Seems like his forced stint by Griffin in NSW Cup to pick up his attack has worked, it seems he is surprising most people at the Weststigers who just thought he was a workhorse, well done Anthony Griffin, you cut us a break.
Go hard or go home

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:10 pm

Nelson wrote:

Looking like Bodene Thompson all over again - career resurrected by WT - will get call up to NZ squad if form continues. And we have massive fight on our hands to retain him.