Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

80mins I'll never get back..

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 27 May, 2016 11:17 pm

Luckily I IQ'ed it...to watch over and over for prosperity ... :D
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:13 am

It was a great win wasn't it.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:52 am

No it wasn't.
The team set the Broncos up to be rolled but didn't have the class to deliver the killer blow in most instances. We let them off the hook time and again with aweful last tackle options. We were a 2 try better outfit last night.

That said, the lead up to point scoring opportunities was great. The forwards went forward and the backs played at speed. That was the first game this year where the opposition we beat played pretty well. However with 6 of their best out we really should have put them to sleep.

All in all it was an improved effort but I wouldn't say we've turned the corner just yet. The halves are still not driving the advantage created home in a professional manner.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 9:59 am

Bit negative Stryker. Brisbane are a good side even without the six missing players - Roberts, Kahu, Milford, Hunt, Blair etc. i was very worried about this game.

Yes we didnt finish them off but who knows what happens if Simona doesnt bomb his easy opportunity or the ref does doesnt refer it as "no try" for Kev Naiqama.

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 10:30 am

Gee,Roberts was MIA for most of the match,Blair ran around like a headless chook similar to when he 'played' for us and Hunt seemed lost without his buddies.
Jack Gibson always said the first thing you do with a club is get 6 good Forward,they provide the platform for the backs in attack and the backbone of the defence,that showed last night IMO,Hunt was extremely ineffectual.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

gallagher
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:10 am

stryker wrote:No it wasn't.
The team set the Broncos up to be rolled but didn't have the class to deliver the killer blow in most instances. We let them off the hook time and again with aweful last tackle options. We were a 2 try better outfit last night.

That said, the lead up to point scoring opportunities was great. The forwards went forward and the backs played at speed. That was the first game this year where the opposition we beat played pretty well. However with 6 of their best out we really should have put them to sleep.

All in all it was an improved effort but I wouldn't say we've turned the corner just yet. The halves are still not driving the advantage created home in a professional manner.
The field goal was the killer blow. 7 point lead with 5 mins left got us home

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:17 am

It was a great win. Anyone who thinks it wasn't is just being difficult for some stupid reason that I can't be bothered trying to figure out.

Tigerheart_returns

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:00 pm

All the 'experts" had given us 0 chance, we were the better team on the night overall, playing away from home, justifies the call of a good win IMHO..

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:11 pm

stryker wrote:No it wasn't.

Man you're a hard nut!

We ain't going to properly turn the corner with the current playing roster we know that. But it's a good start IMO.

What I liked about it was that it was exactly the type of game we've lost over the last few years but they managed to get it home even despite that last few minutes and the points you make.

ET and a couple of the young blokes can hold their heads high, that and the two points is enough for me this week.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:14 pm

You can only play the team in front of you.

They did - and they beat them. Don't have to do any more than that.

If we won by 60 - wiped the floor with them .... you still only get 2 points.

They were hot favorites - we got the points - they didn't.

Bad enough we put our own team down when they lose - why do some have to do the same thing when we win?

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 28 May, 2016 12:32 pm

Basil Tiger wrote:Gee,Roberts was MIA for most of the match,Blair ran around like a headless chook similar to when he 'played' for us and Hunt seemed lost without his buddies.
Jack Gibson always said the first thing you do with a club is get 6 good Forward,they provide the platform for the backs in attack and the backbone of the defence,that showed last night IMO,Hunt was extremely ineffectual.
I thought Hunt played pretty well. He was the danger man. Getting the ball away for a try (with three guys on him and putting the winger in with that pinpoint kick). I thought their other half Milford didn't do much. And Ado Carr's speed in defence stopped Roberts and the winger smoking us out wide.
Your right about the 6 good forwards quote from Gibson. Our forwards layed the platform. Playing Taylor behind bigger forwards like Ava, Grant, Sue , Alioia, Lovett, JJF gave us good go forward on which to attack.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 28 May, 2016 7:33 pm

southerntiger wrote:Bit negative Stryker. Brisbane are a good side even without the six missing players - Roberts, Kahu, Milford, Hunt, Blair etc. i was very worried about this game.

Yes we didnt finish them off but who knows what happens if Simona doesnt bomb his easy opportunity or the ref does doesnt refer it as "no try" for Kev Naiqama.
I agree Southern and that's my point.
Brisbane played well...I said that.
We didn't take our chances...I also said that.

We created a tonne of opportunities and gained good field position against a well drilled defensive side only to squander most of them through pathetic kicks or loose footy.

I'm hard on this team because they have let me down too many times. I can't stand the lack of effort several of them put in at times and as players I want them to shape up or move on. Last night they played some great football. Once they start polishing the way they end their sets and the right side stop letting teams overlap them I'll be happier.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 7:35 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Basil Tiger wrote:Gee,Roberts was MIA for most of the match,Blair ran around like a headless chook similar to when he 'played' for us and Hunt seemed lost without his buddies.
I thought Hunt played pretty well. He was the danger man. Getting the ball away for a try (with three guys on him and putting the winger in with that pinpoint kick). I thought their other half Milford didn't do much. And Ado Carr's speed in defence stopped Roberts and the winger smoking us out wide.
Your right about the 6 good forwards quote from Gibson. Our forwards layed the platform. Playing Taylor behind bigger forwards like Ava, Grant, Sue , Alioia, Lovett, JJF gave us good go forward on which to attack.
I think Milford was struggling with his hip from just before HT

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 7:40 pm

stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Bit negative Stryker. Brisbane are a good side even without the six missing players - Roberts, Kahu, Milford, Hunt, Blair etc. i was very worried about this game.

I agree Southern and that's my point.
Brisbane played well...I said that.
We didn't take our chances...I also said that.

We created a tonne of opportunities and gained good field position against a well drilled defensive side only to squander most of them through pathetic kicks or loose footy.

I'm hard on this team because they have let me down too many times. I can't stand the lack of effort several of them put in at times and as players I want them to shape up or move on. Last night they played some great football. Once they start polishing the way they end their sets and the right side stop letting teams overlap them I'll be happier.
Mate, I get you in the last paragraph, I've read the forum for years and know you are a passionate fan. i think there were two games this year with poor effort, and several with poor execution. The former makes me ropable too, but lack of execution is sometimes a patience game.

The challenge for us is to forget and forgive the previous failures, so that we can enjoy the future success, whenever it happens.

Return to “Round 12: Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers”