Anthony Milford, Cat or not?

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Anthony Milford, Cat or not?

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Sat 28 May, 2016 10:35 am

I haven't watched many of the Broncos games but from what i saw last night i'd say Anthony Milford is a cat. Sure he's talented but a few times last night he showed poor sportsmanship. When he grabbed Lovett and pulled him down even my 7 year old picked it up. I know people will think it's ok because he go away with it and stopped a try from being scored but for me its a low act and not in the spirit of the game.

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 28 May, 2016 10:39 am

Yeah it was a dog move and thankfully only a certain number of players are prepared to resort to those tactics. They'll keep doing it though if it results in penalties to them though, the refs need to change how they adjudicate it. If a player deliberately engages with a decoy runner like he did then they should be removed as a factor in the assessment of whether the defence was impeded.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:16 am

That was a dog move and I lost respect for him based on that.

diedpretty
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:22 am

What really annoyed me over that incident was Andrew Johns spruiking on about the rules and how it was a no try but 2 minutes later when Milford ran behind a player and committed a shepherd said it was unfair he got penalized and should be let go - guess its only the rules for some hey Andrew.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:24 am

I agree. Cat is a strong word, but i do think it was piss weak.

I cant agree with commentators like Gould or Rabs saying that it si 'clever play' when they are bending the rules and manipulating refs doing stuff like that either. I say it is just really bad sportsmanship and not in the spirit of the game.

For once, Fittler during the coverage said something very sensible when he said something along the lines of "a player should never deliberately bend the rules like Milford did to manipulate an outcome". Couldnt agree more.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Tiger Tim
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Sat 28 May, 2016 11:38 am

Swordy wrote:I agree. Cat is a strong word, but i do think it was piss weak.

I cant agree with commentators like Gould or Rabs saying that it si 'clever play' when they are bending the rules and manipulating refs doing stuff like that either. I say it is just really bad sportsmanship and not in the spirit of the game.

For once, Fittler during the coverage said something very sensible when he said something along the lines of "a player should never deliberately bend the rules like Milford did to manipulate an outcome". Couldnt agree more.
Fair call about calling him a cat, anyone who runs out on to a footy field has got guts but it was a dog act. I agree, Fittler finally said something that made sense. Maybe he hadn't started drinking or maybe it was just that Rabs and Gus's opinions don't really mean anything anymore. Can't wait till their both gone.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:19 am

I'd say yes.
All bark, no bite.
All show, no go.
Etc.

Hype train player, looks on the smaller side.
Kyle should'a ran at him all night.

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:33 am

Let me get this straight, what makes him a cat is his dog act. :?

Nothing was mentioned on the FOX coverage about Lovett being pulled down which peed me off. Warren Smith and Brandy were adamant that Lovett was at fault. Couldn't believe what I was hearing from those two. Glad NINES commentary saw things differently.

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Mon 30 May, 2016 2:16 am

Anthony Milkford.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 May, 2016 8:05 am

It was an obstruction no matter how you looked at it. Even if Milford didn't grab him he'd have gone down quicker than an Oxford Street hooker.

Grabbing him was poor form, but it in no way changes to outcome of that decision.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Russell
Been liked: 120 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 30 May, 2016 8:19 am

Tiger Tim wrote:
Swordy wrote:I agree. Cat is a strong word, but i do think it was piss weak.

Fair call about calling him a cat, anyone who runs out on to a footy field has got guts but it was a dog act. I agree, Fittler finally said something that made sense. Maybe he hadn't started drinking or maybe it was just that Rabs and Gus's opinions don't really mean anything anymore. Can't wait till their both gone.
Rabs was not broadcasting this game by the way.

The commentator was Matt Thompson.

Rabs can be blamed for lots of things, but for his opinion, when he is not voicing an opinion is a bit savage.

diedpretty
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Mon 30 May, 2016 9:00 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:It was an obstruction no matter how you looked at it. Even if Milford didn't grab him he'd have gone down quicker than an Oxford Street hooker.

Grabbing him was poor form, but it in no way changes to outcome of that decision.
Lovett runs the wrong line on decoy a lot - he continually runs to the outside shoulder and stops which is always going to be pulled up if you score. He needs to either run through the line or run to the inside shoulder.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Mon 30 May, 2016 9:16 am

I'm not sure that it makes Milford a cat but the action was definitely not in the spirit of the game. Also, what about tackling a man without the ball? Or what about if Lovett was injured? In my opinion the outcome should be reversed in that situation ie play on and try!

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Mon 30 May, 2016 9:57 am

Milford won another penalty later in the game, if I remember right. Certainly earned his name as Milkford...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 30 May, 2016 11:33 am

diedpretty wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:It was an obstruction no matter how you looked at it. Even if Milford didn't grab him he'd have gone down quicker than an Oxford Street hooker.

Lovett runs the wrong line on decoy a lot - he continually runs to the outside shoulder and stops which is always going to be pulled up if you score. He needs to either run through the line or run to the inside shoulder.
Yeah well, maybe the coaching staff should sit down with him and explain it...Step by step. :shock:

Cultured Bogan
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 May, 2016 12:00 pm

DP is right. Lovett often does run the wrong lines. If he ran at the inside shoulder, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

shakey4d
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Mon 30 May, 2016 1:56 pm

It was basically thw only time i noticed milford all night. In a game where he and Hunt needed to fire, we did a good job keeping him quiet.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 30 May, 2016 2:54 pm

Guys guys guys what Milford did was gamesmanship and there's nothing wrong with that. I also think hus form has been solid since moving to the broncos. But I don't think he will ever make at origin. Might just be the flavour of the month here and there.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Return to “Round 12: Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers”