Where is the Brooks thread?

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Where is the Brooks thread?

Post by criwdfluffer » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:10 pm

I thought he had has had two top shelf games in a row.

Led us around.kicks in the second half finding their mark, laid on some nice tries.

And is running the ball more.

GREAT to see him in form.


Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:44 pm

Agree he was terrific

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4980
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:46 pm

Ballin and ET are going to make him look like a star!

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:49 pm

You started this thread. He has been great. I thought he was our best player.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3853
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:51 pm

Isn't this it.

Luke also played a good game in round two. There was one constant in those matches and that allows his general play to shine.

Just sayin.


Tigerheart_returns
Member
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon 18 May, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:52 pm

Had a very poor first half, but to his credit, started to get his kicks more accurate in the second half...As someone else said, better players around he and Moses may be the X factor..

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:07 am

Sorry, can't agree that Brooks has had two top shelf games in a row. I don't think he was good at all against Newcastle and, on Friday, his first half kicking was deplorable. He did some good things in the second stanza but, overall, he is nowhere near being an organizing, effective first grade half.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 29 May, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:29 am

stevied wrote:Sorry, can't agree that Brooks has had two top shelf games in a row. I don't think was good at all against Newcastle and, on Friday, his first half kicking was deplorable. He did some good things in the second stanza but, overall, he is nowhere near being an organizing, effective first grade half.
I must have had my rose-coloured glasses on, when I watched Friday night's game. In my eyes, the big improvement for the Tigers was around the ruck, when we were in possession. Ballin and ET seemed to give the halves quicker service and the BALL WAS PASSED CONSISTENTLY A METRE IN FRONT OF THEM LIKE IT SHOULD BE THROWN. This meant they were running forward to get the ball rather than standing still waiting for it to come and then getting SMASHED.
I have had to change my thinking about who was stupid enough to sign Ballin, as we had some up-and-coming dummy halves. I saw why he was signed on Friday night.
I had no previous thoughts on ET, but after the last two games ............. WOW!
I think JT may have unlocked the changes we needed to start the re-building that has been called for over the last five or more years.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:34 am

I have to agree that the forwards were much, much better. They actually got over the advantage line and created space for the halves. As a matter of fact, the whole team were much, much better! However, we should have won by more and could have, if the first half kicking had been on song.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:01 am

Brooks had a good first half, it was Moses who was kicking all those balls dead in the first half, after 20mins brooks took control of the game....repeat sets, inside ball to Taylor and great ball for Simona try....not sure what game some were watching.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:43 am

larrycorowa wrote:Brooks had a good first half, it was Moses who was kicking all those balls dead in the first half.
It was Moses 3 and Brooks 1. But yeh agree Brooks was good in the first half.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:48 am

Ha, sorry for being a bit harsh then! Reflecting back, it was Moses who did all the dud kicks! I'm probably too ready to pounce on poor Brooksy!

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 29 May, 2016 12:23 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Brooks had a good first half, it was Moses who was kicking all those balls dead in the first half, after 20mins brooks took control of the game....repeat sets, inside ball to Taylor and great ball for Simona try....not sure what game some were watching.
Finally we got some repeat sets. We must be the worst team in the comp img that area. Friday was a nice

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:13 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Had a very poor first half, but to his credit, started to get his kicks more accurate in the second half...As someone else said, better players around he and Moses may be the X factor..
Really?
Moses was dreadful in the first half, Brooks was average at first then very good about halfway through the half and he kept that up till half time. I thought he was our second best player in the first 40 behind Taylor.

After half times their roles reversed. Brooks got lost in the game and Moses got stronger once again proving they can't fire together. Luckily for us on Friday when one struggled the other stood up.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 May, 2016 6:25 pm

Snake wrote:Ballin and ET are going to make him look like a star!
That sounds like a poor statement but i dont think u meant it as a blight in Brooks (correct me if im wrong).

I think your saying the fast early ball from Ballin and the effect ET has drawing players in before hitting Brooks out the back will allow Luke the time to do his thing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 29 May, 2016 7:32 pm

What has really helped brooks out is our ball playing lock.....really been a team changer since his arrival. Sironen probably should have been at lock as he did in one game if I recall and played quite well.
Anyway ET is probably the best ball playing lock since Brad Fittler
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 29 May, 2016 9:08 pm

maxxy86 wrote:What has really helped brooks out is our ball playing lock.....really been a team changer since his arrival. Sironen probably should have been at lock as he did in one game if I recall and played quite well.
Anyway ET is probably the best ball playing lock since Brad Fittler
That's a big call. However I can't really think of anyone to prove you wrong. Filter retired in 2004. Obviously there has been has great locks over the last 12 years but not many Ball Playing locks. Fulton for us was a ball player and great cover defender. Greg Bird I guess is a ball player , Corey Parker offloader.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 29 May, 2016 9:19 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:What has really helped brooks out is our ball playing lock.....really been a team changer since his arrival. Sironen probably should have been at lock as he did in one game if I recall and played quite well.
Anyway ET is probably the best ball playing lock since Brad Fittler
That's a big call. However I can't really think of anyone to prove you wrong. Filter retired in 2004. Obviously there has been has great locks over the last 12 years but not many Ball Playing locks. Fulton for us was a ball player and great cover defender. Greg Bird I guess is a ball player , Corey Parker offloader.
At his best Glenn Stewart was good in that role.

Post Reply