Jordan Rankin

Tigerheart_returns

Jordan Rankin

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 28 May, 2016 2:55 pm

Somewhat solid at the back, but gee, once Tedesco is back, not sure where Taylor is likely to play him...

Clawdan

Unread post by Clawdan » Sat 28 May, 2016 3:20 pm

Yeah I agree, not that hes that bad, just he trys his heart out only to be and average player. If his goal kicking was at least any good he'd almost be worth carrying but even that has been rubbish. JAC please.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 28 May, 2016 4:07 pm

Chances are that one backline player will be missing most weekends, so probably get plenty of opportunities if JAC keeps his spot.

Seeing that Mania seems to be gone, maybe he can be the bench utility and give Ballin a break if needed.

Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 28 May, 2016 4:13 pm

Rankin has done a job for us, but Teddy is not moving from fullback, JAC is a better winger, in fact Rankin is not a winger at all.
He is versatile but if we want to go anywhere in this competition then hard decisions need to be made and he unfortunately misses out when Teddy is back.
Go hard or go home

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:18 pm

As mediocre as his kicking is, he may have to remain as he's the only option. I would be comfortable with Nofoaluma having a spell and leaving JAC in. Nofo gifts the opposition a minimum 1 try a game with his poor reads, and Rankin,although not that dynamic, is safe under the high ball, and has a fair combo with Teddy, which has netted him a few tries

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 28 May, 2016 8:27 pm

tiga4eva wrote:As mediocre as his kicking is, he may have to remain as he's the only option. I would be comfortable with Nofoaluma having a spell and leaving JAC in. Nofo gifts the opposition a minimum 1 try a game with his poor reads, and Rankin,although not that dynamic, is safe under the high ball, and has a fair combo with Teddy, which has netted him a few tries
Don't blame Nofoaluma for the bad reads. Blame his centre that doesn't know how to stay on his man, and instead of staying in position during defence would rather rush in and attempt a glory-seeking big hit.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sat 28 May, 2016 10:28 pm

Sabre wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:As mediocre as his kicking is, he may have to remain as he's the only option. I would be comfortable with Nofoaluma having a spell and leaving JAC in. Nofo gifts the opposition a minimum 1 try a game with his poor reads, and Rankin,although not that dynamic, is safe under the high ball, and has a fair combo with Teddy, which has netted him a few tries
Don't blame Nofoaluma for the bad reads. Blame his centre that doesn't know how to stay on his man, and instead of staying in position during defence would rather rush in and attempt a glory-seeking big hit.
I partially blame Naiqama but Nofoaluma is constantly 15m off his wing and watches the ball sail past him as the opposition winger scores untouched.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 10:40 am

I reckon that was Nofo with the poor read for sure. I'm starting to think that Naiqama doesn't have a choice when he runs in.

It also might be a coaching tactic. Compress in the middle and stop them from scoring up the guts.

Return to “Round 12: Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers”