JAC

larrycorowa

JAC

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 29 May, 2016 8:15 am

Whoever said wingers are not important didn't see last nights game. We looked average early on when we were getting dominated early in tackle counts....but particularly in the second half nofo started to do some damage and break a few tackles. JAC made a few breaks off the back of this.

In second half JAC's pace shut down numerous Broncs movements down their right side by forcing them back inside. He made a few lovely one on one ball and all tackles. He play much stronger and tougher than I thought. Very impressive. Just goes to show you can't carry anyone. Jac and nofo could be our long term wing partnership hopefully.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 10:34 am

I've been stating this for ages. We've been stupid and played guys there who are too slow and it impacts the whole team. It leads to problems defensively and it gives less options to our halves.

I remember in one game when Koro scored a bunch of tries Benji just gave it to him with nothing on and Koro just busted them and scored. A good winger can really help the halves.

JAC showed against the Broncos the difference a quality winger can make with and without the ball. Nofo is a slow winger and defensively I think he needs a lot of work but he can finish tries and his hit-ups are awesome.

I'd love to see them form a long term partnership that helps make us a dangerous team.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sun 29 May, 2016 2:07 pm

Been impressed with him. Pace and try scoring ability never in doubt but i've been surprised with his seamless transition to 1st grade - hit ups and defence have been pretty solid. Looks like he is enjoying himself too which is great to see.