The Fowards/Bench Rotation

Peaches

The Fowards/Bench Rotation

Post by Peaches » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 9:42 pm

The bench did much better this match and I think it was due to the interchange patterns.

* Gibbs played 30plus minutes straight and replaced Fifita who continued Galloways good work. Defended very well.
* Galloway played heaps of minutes and went straight all night. A couple of errors which is unlike him but was due to trying too hard.
* Heighinton ran through the line rather than stopping and propping which I think is the reason behind his best performances since 08.
* Payten had a good return. Was involved early and than defended very strongly. I still think he needs to do a little more dirty work.
* Ellis was back to his best. Heaps of meters and tackles.

* Flanagan had a strong middle 40 which has been the problem area. Defended well and worked smart for Benjis 1st try.
* Fifita ran hard and was enthusiastic. He wants to be there and should be.
* Cayless did well. Better than his other performanecs. Would be the only player who could lose his spot if Moors performs well.
* Fitzhenry played the last few minutes. Did nothing wrong but I think his spot could be better utilized.

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 9:48 pm

Eh, I'd be pretty pleased if we dropped Cayless quiet frankly. The defenders have no trouble at all putting him down and rolling him over on his back. Those skinny legs and that baby stride running style give him no push through the line. Sterling said that he was on the verge of being dropped and only got a run because he was playing against his brother. Hopefully we drop Fitzy & Cayless for Boz & Moors.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:03 pm

I dont want to sound like a nob, but i do believe Tim Sheens read my post and did exactly what i told him hahaha

I said to play KG for 20 and Bryce for 30, then when u replace Bryce, bring KG back on, that way u dont use Cayless until the 2nd half. I think it worked well, even if i do say so myself. What time u want me at Concord on Monday Sheensy?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 2:11 am

king sirro wrote:I dont want to sound like a nob, but i do believe Tim Sheens read my post and did exactly what i told him hahaha

I said to play KG for 20 and Bryce for 30, then when u replace Bryce, bring KG back on, that way u dont use Cayless until the 2nd half. I think it worked well, even if i do say so myself. What time u want me at Concord on Monday Sheensy?
You succeeded.... :lol:

Against the Rorters we didn't have the players...

Gibbs, Payten make a Difference....

Liam....straight back in....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 2:20 pm

king sirro wrote:I dont want to sound like a nob, but i do believe Tim Sheens read my post and did exactly what i told him hahaha

Good job, Sirro. The bench rotation was much better last night. :sign:

willow

Post by willow » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 2:49 pm

Royce controlled the interchange last night mate, Sheens gave him credit for it in the post match press conference ;)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 3:05 pm

Interchange was handled a lot better, the drop off at the 20 minute mark didn't happen this week,

Cayless was better last night. Still way below his best but you could tell he was really trying hard. For me he just isn't striding out well and seems to be tip toeing half the time. Still has a lot of improvement in him.

Fafita - Another impressive effort.