WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

Love the WestsTigers

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:11 pm

Demps wrote:Very impressed...
No Rankin? Owch...

Halatau is lingering, daresay it's his last year in the NRL.
I'm sue it will be his last and a chance to leave the game on a high

Id be guttered if I'm Rankin

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:40 pm

Great squad - go well boys!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:47 pm

Would prefer Lovett or Felise in for Dene, but otherwise, yeah, good side.

I hope Moses gets in a lot of goal kicking practice

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:48 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Demps wrote:Very impressed...
No Rankin? Owch...

Halatau is lingering, daresay it's his last year in the NRL.
I'm sue it will be his last and a chance to leave the game on a high

Id be guttered if I'm Rankin

Yep he's done everything asked of him by the coach, including playing out of position week in, week out and taking over goal kicking duties. I must admit I haven't seen a lot of games this season, but from what I have seen, he has done pretty well considering the above. He would be best suited off the bench as a utility, in place of Dene, imo.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:54 pm

Flippedy wrote:

Yep he's done everything asked of him by the coach, including playing out of position week in, week out and taking over goal kicking duties. I must admit I haven't seen a lot of games this season, but from what I have seen, he has done pretty well considering the above. He would be best suited off the bench as a utility, in place of Dene, imo.
While Rankin would be good as a utility off the bench we can't have a 2nd hooker (Ballin) and a utility back on the bench with Aloiai playing in the 2nd row (effective 50 minute max player) - we need a 2nd rower on the bench like Halatau, Lovett, Sironen or Chee Kam. Halatau these days is probably the least of those options so while I like the guy, I hope he drops out come game day.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:56 pm

I do not think that this will be the run-on side. Depends how Farah and Woods pull up after Wednesday.

Also some doubt in regards to Simona's ankle. Some serious doubts.

Farah I could do without, but Woods is vital.

Clawdan

Post by Clawdan » Tue 31 May, 2016 8:56 pm

I feel bad for lovett hes finally playing well this year, has his best game yet last week and is rewarded by getting dropped. Apart from that its our strongest team this year, if they can and should win comfortably, things will start looking positive.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:00 pm

People saying they hope Lovett can force his way onto the bench. The zombie apocalypse must be near.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:01 pm

Good team but I would drop Farah or Ballin and Halatau.
For me MCK and Felise should be in the team.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:14 pm

It's the best possible squad but definitely Lovett should be there for Halatau if we're picking on form. I'd also start Ballin ahead of Farah and, in reality, Felise was threatening to take Grant's spot. Wouldn't be disappointed if it happened even though I like Tim's effort.
Last edited by stevied on Tue 31 May, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:17 pm

Like the team :) Was hoping JAC was going to stay in the team.
Bench is strange but I suspect we'll have origin players missing.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:18 pm

Swap Farah and Ballin, Felise in for Halatau & Rankin in for Moses.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:25 pm

why are people dropping moses?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:25 pm

Wet weather, origin will be a tough slog. Suggest Woods will need to play less minutes than usual, and Robbie (given age and injuries) would be best sitting the game out

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:25 pm

Nelson wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

While Rankin would be good as a utility off the bench we can't have a 2nd hooker (Ballin) and a utility back on the bench with Aloiai playing in the 2nd row (effective 50 minute max player) - we need a 2nd rower on the bench like Halatau, Lovett, Sironen or Chee Kam. Halatau these days is probably the least of those options so while I like the guy, I hope he drops out come game day.

Agreed, I would actually have Ballin at starting hooker and put Rankin and Chee-Kam on the bench. Taylor could cover hooker for a spell if Ballin wasn't yet ready to play 80 minutes.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

coopy

Post by coopy » Tue 31 May, 2016 9:47 pm

Peeps are generally wanting Dene dropped....I am not so sure. I think we will see the best of him if plays in the back row all game. I reckon he gets gassed at hooker, which despite a the bench time he gets, makes him less effective in his favoured back row position.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 31 May, 2016 10:21 pm

Lovett has been improving all season and I've watched his games very carefully and have posted that I didn't understand the hate for him on here. In the Parramatta game he was just about our best forward and I hope he plays against the Roosters.

JJ Felise, on the other hand, is a young bloke, still eligible for the U20s. To overuse him now may go against him down the track as has happened to others, eg Groat. I think if we manage him carefully this year we have a top line prop for years to come. Let's not burn him out.

As far as Jordan Rankin is concerned, yes he's done everything asked of him to the best of his ability and we needed that. AS JT stated last week, there is now competition for spots in this team so performances will need to lift just to keep your spot and Rankin is the second victim after Sironen. With this competition for spots, it should not be a matter of shame to play in our reggies team; there will be some good players there

Thing are looking up and with the threat of the axe I expect to see improved performances right through the team. Will it get us into the eight? It just might if the fans turn up in numbers and help them over the line. All the players say that having a good vocal crowd gets that last 1% out of them and can lead to wins, so oil up the vocal chords and let's all get out there.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 31 May, 2016 10:26 pm

About time we picked a team on form and not just the same old drivel.
Tigers tragic since 1980.