Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

Nelson

Re: Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

Post by Nelson » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:30 pm

Eddie wrote: Yeh it was.

And I try talk constructively and honestly about it. People call me an apologist however I have been crictical of his from and his comments this season.

I just think their are too many threads with snide remarks, personal agenda and drivel about Farah.

Their are plenty that are not Farah fans that can be constructive about it. Like Willow.

However there are handful that are making it a personal agenda in nearly every thread.

We are all adults and should be able to debate construtively yet some of the comments are pretty childish and repetitive.

Just my opinion
Well he does throw the odd stick on the fire from time to time...

Anyway he probably should be rested. He's 32 and played 80 minutes on Wednesday night at the top level making 52 tackles. The turnaround is less than 4 days. It's common sense, not a personal slight.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:34 pm

Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Eddie wrote:I just reckon its getting really boring and pretty childish.

We know you and plenty others hate him.

But posting pictures in threads, little jokes, snide remarks in multiple threads.

Its like a bunch of high school kidwho just keep going back for more

Why not at leat try and be constructive?

Wonder if any would be brave enough to say it to his face?
Wasnt it you who started the thread about him and Taylor earlier this week?
Yeh it was.

And I try talk constructively and honestly about it. People call me an apologist however I have been crictical of his from and his comments this season.

I just think their are too many threads with snide remarks, personal agenda and drivel about Farah.

Their are plenty that are not Farah fans that can be constructive about it. Like Willow.

However there are handful that are making it a personal agenda in nearly every thread.

We are all adults and should be able to debate construtively yet some of the comments are pretty childish and repetitive.

Just my opinion
You could replace ''Farah'' with ''JT'' in this post and it would mean the exact same thing. Nothing is pettier than the way some of JT's haters carry on. Even all the way down to his appearance and stature.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:34 pm

I have no issue with him being potentially rested.

Zero.

Taylor did name him in his team on Tuesday. I guess we will have to wait and see usually he does a press conference the day or two before the game.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:37 pm

If Farah doesn't play on Sunday he will be blamed for the SOO interfering with his WT duties - he gets derided either way. Surely he should tried out on the field on Sunday and maybe rotated if runs out of juice. Should Ballin's knee be subjected to 80 minutes of grinding play so soon after his operation - if it can be avoided?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Eddie wrote:I just reckon its getting really boring and pretty childish.

We know you and plenty others hate him.

But posting pictures in threads, little jokes, snide remarks in multiple threads.

Its like a bunch of high school kidwho just keep going back for more

Why not at leat try and be constructive?

Wonder if any would be brave enough to say it to his face?
Wasnt it you who started the thread about him and Taylor earlier this week?
Yeh it was.

Just my opinion
You could replace ''Farah'' with ''JT'' in this post and it would mean the exact same thing. Nothing is pettier than the way some of JT's haters carry on. Even all the way down to his appearance and stature.
I agree 100% .

Calling him the "scarecrow" and that I think its just drivel.

Playing the man not the ball.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:41 pm

Lets wait and see if the million dollar man steps up for the club he bleeds for!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:41 pm

gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:I would imagine our S & C department would have input into whether Farah backs up or not...they seem to be doing a very good job past 2 years...

Anyway tin-foil hats at the ready...

I also believe Simona is still a chance to play..
Surely their belief would to be rest both origin players.
Depends on the info they get back from Origin..Woods only played 39min where as Farah played the full 80 after not many mins in the weeks before as well as a major concussion...
Oh the two of them are very different cases and Farah would be an easy decision not to play. But I'd have thought 40 mins mid week would be enough for a sports scientist to suggest woods be rested.
I realise there are realities of the situation aswell.
Well there is an inference in this thread that Farah wants to play and Taylor said No causing another Machiavellian power play...

S & C would have a say ..just as they ruled out Naiqama couple of weeks back...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:43 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:If Farah doesn't play on Sunday he will be blamed for the SOO interfering with his WT duties - he gets derided either way. Surely he should tried out on the field on Sunday and maybe rotated if runs out of juice. Should Ballin's knee be subjected to 80 minutes of grinding play so soon after his operation - if it can be avoided?
Is that operation he had 6 months ago?
Have you heard of Dene Halatua btw? Have the fat parra fans at the RSL told you about him?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote: Surely their belief would to be rest both origin players.
Depends on the info they get back from Origin..Woods only played 39min where as Farah played the full 80 after not many mins in the weeks before as well as a major concussion...
Oh the two of them are very different cases and Farah would be an easy decision not to play. But I'd have thought 40 mins mid week would be enough for a sports scientist to suggest woods be rested.
Well there is an inference in this thread that Farah wants to play and Taylor said No causing another Machiavellian power play...

And O'Neill will have a say , that has been established as well

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 7:54 pm

Remember the old days,when we'd nervously hope Robbie would come through Origin unscathed and back up on the weekend, now it's an each way bet if I want him to play. I miss the old days

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 8:21 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:

You might be surprised with what O'Neill thinks now Happy?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post by 851 » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 8:54 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote: Oh the two of them are very different cases and Farah would be an easy decision not to play. But I'd have thought 40 mins mid week would be enough for a sports scientist to suggest woods be rested.

You might be surprised with what O'Neill thinks now Happy?!
I am curious as to what he thinks now.
Go hard or go home

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 9:30 pm

Telltails wrote:Our record without Simona is not good.

True but that was when Milone replaced him. MCK is a good defender & with JAC outside him we're still dangerous on the left.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 11:14 pm

tiga4eva wrote:Remember the old days,when we'd nervously hope Robbie would come through Origin unscathed and back up on the weekend, now it's an each way bet if I want him to play. I miss the old days

So does Robbie mate.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 6:50 am

The smart thing to do would be to rest Farah this weekend. We have the depth to cover him. As for Simona, I think Chee-Kam is an able replacement. Conditions should suit his style IMO.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 7:23 am

Play you strongest side. It is a display of arrogance when your are playing any opponent and talk turns to resting our one of our best. We do not have the quality to replace him.

Farah and Woods play, Halatau as backup because he is can cover more positions and is fitter than Balin. Balin to NSW Cup.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 7:57 am

Eddie wrote:I have no issue with him being potentially rested.

Zero.

Taylor did name him in his team on Tuesday. I guess we will have to wait and see usually he does a press conference the day or two before the game.

For mine,if Farah does get told to rest and Taylor picks a side that is competative,then that's the coaches decision,Taylor,Buckets and S&C would clearly have Farah's health at heart....good decision by all and Farah shouldn't really argue the point if he is..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 8:16 am

This is where o'neil needs to step in. Logic says we should rest out 32yr old hooker coming off his first start in nearly a month and a 4 day turnaround, particularly as we have experienced backup. If Farah and his manager are causing trouble o'neil needs to back his coach and s&c staff.

The next week might show us how much our club has changed.