Re: Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

Post by softlaw » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 12:16 pm

Robbie confirmed out.
~2:40 min mark
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... r_rou.html
Madgic!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 12:24 pm

NT Tiger wrote:I think we need to think about what is best for the player concerned, rather than being selfish about WT. Ideally he should be rested throughout the Origin period so he can be at his best performing in the blues jumper for each of the rep games.

A sensible comment NT, especially since we now have quality dummy half replacements that have plenty of NRL experience. It hasn't been so in previous years when Farah would have to back up.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 1:16 pm

Rest up Robbie the work load has been huge 1 game in 3 weeks get ready for the next origin game your main priority! :sign:

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 1:28 pm

Sensible comments from jt. By the sounds of it could be some further late changes other than robbie.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 2:08 pm

softlaw wrote:Robbie confirmed out.
Interesting comments about Rankin, almost as though it wasn't his decision to leave him out of the team...
Tigers for 2022!

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 2:32 pm

Yeah sounded like that to me too..makes you think that if JAC is gone and still playing there must be a strong push from someone other than JT to play the best players and try and win games rather than continue the excuse of a rebuilding phase

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 2:36 pm

Smart selection by O' Neil and Taylor as we back up again 5 days later for Friday night football against the Rabbits. With Cordner and Peace out we will win this game further putting pressure on Farah to go to England sooner rather than later.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 2:55 pm

Snake wrote:Rest up Robbie the work load has been huge 1 game in 3 weeks get ready for the next origin game your main priority! :sign:
Taylor and O'neill decided to rest him which I think is a wise move. .In large part due to the serious head injury he had a couple of weeks ago. Plus i would say our form without him and the 5 day turn around to Souths. A smart call all round.

Suppose you didnt bother listening to the press conference?

If he had been named and played

Snake "Typical selfish Robbie going against coaches orders wanting to back up when half fit"

Boring.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:11 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
softlaw wrote:Robbie confirmed out.
Interesting comments about Rankin, almost as though it wasn't his decision to leave him out of the team...
Yeh, I thought the same.
I noticed his left eye twitch 3 times as he was talking about Rankin. A sure sign he was forced to drop him and play JAC even though JAC has probably signed with Storm.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:14 pm

Eddie wrote:
Snake wrote:Rest up Robbie the work load has been huge 1 game in 3 weeks get ready for the next origin game your main priority! :sign:
Taylor and O'neill decided to rest him which I think is a wise move. .In large part due to the serious head injury he had a couple of weeks ago. Plus i would say our form without him and the 5 day turn around to Souths. A smart call all round.

Suppose you didnt bother listening to the press conference?

If he had been named and played

Snake "Typical selfish Robbie going against coaches orders wanting to back up when half fit"

Boring.
Yep. I have been let down by Farah in recent years but no one can doubt his commitment to the side. Maturity, yes, Value, yes but not his commitment.

Great decision by Taylor. It was a very tough head knock against the Dogs. We can get by without him and hopefully we will not have our post-Origin malaise like every other year.

Tough decision from Taylor. Good to see he has obviously been back by the club if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:38 pm

Classic "if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true. " That about sums it up for me about how Farah is viewed. For many on here it seems there is no difference between rumour and truth when it comes to Farah - yet the percentage of most other rumours are found to be just that - rumours.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:41 pm

Telltails wrote:Classic "if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true. " That about sums it up for me about how Farah is viewed. For many on here it seems there is no difference between rumour and truth when it comes to Farah - yet the percentage of most other rumours are found to be just that - rumours.
I said "if" mate, which is why I haven't had a go at Farah about it. Clearly, I wasn't suggesting it was fact.

In any event, I would expect a player to be annoyed if they are fit and the coach rests them, particularly someone like Robbie.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:50 pm

Telltails wrote:Classic "if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true. " That about sums it up for me about how Farah is viewed. For many on here it seems there is no difference between rumour and truth when it comes to Farah - yet the percentage of most other rumours are found to be just that - rumours.
There's a reason why he's viewed that way.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:05 pm

Funny isn't it how players spend all year complaining about 5 day turn arounds and how it is ruining careers and putting players in danger and then when a coach rests a player from a 3 day turnaround the coach is treating the player badly

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:06 pm

That reason may be popular on this forum but is not representative of the wider view of WT supporters as was demonstrated at CSS. I dare say even more pronounced at Leichhardt.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:11 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:That reason may be popular on this forum but is not representative of the wider view of WT supporters as was demonstrated at CSS. I dare say even more pronounced at Leichhardt.
Don't forget the 5 people who protested at concord.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:41 pm

southerntiger wrote:
I said "if" mate, which is why I haven't had a go at Farah about it. Clearly, I wasn't suggesting it was fact.

In any event, I would expect a player to be annoyed if they are fit and the coach rests them, particularly someone like Robbie.
Wasn't my intention to have a go ST - just an observation. Appologies if it came across that way

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:50 pm

Don't see what is wrong with this decision , many Clubs rest some players after Origin games .

Ballin is more than capable .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.