*LIVE DISCUSSION THREAD*

magpiecol

Re: *LIVE DISCUSSION THREAD*

Post by magpiecol » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:30 pm

Well, I read some of the comments on this forum when I returned from o/s last night. I watched the game today and I could not believe what I saw.

Far from the doom and gloom that has been put on this forum, I thought the team played pretty good under the conditions.

Only had 30% of the ball in the first half, so the second half was always going to be tough. A couple of things did not go our way, Nofo losing the ball over the tryline. Kevin N absolutely gifting them a try near the end ( not for the first time this year!!! ) Not puting the ball out from a free kick.

But generally I thought they were quite good.

As for people bagging Noffo, Lawrence, and the rest of the team for their lack of effort, they must have an agenda or their judgement of what makes a footballer is crap.

A couple of things though. Kevin N must go. Brooks and Moses need to improve their defence and Brooks, who is a really good half back, must learn where and when to pass and to whom.

Post by 851 » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:59 pm

magpiecol wrote:Well, I read some of the comments on this forum when I returned from o/s last night. I watched the game today and I could not believe what I saw.

Far from the doom and gloom that has been put on this forum, I thought the team played pretty good under the conditions.

Only had 30% of the ball in the first half, so the second half was always going to be tough. A couple of things did not go our way, Nofo losing the ball over the tryline. Kevin N absolutely gifting them a try near the end ( not for the first time this year!!! ) Not puting the ball out from a free kick.

As for people bagging Noffo, Lawrence, and the rest of the team for their lack of effort, they must have an agenda or their judgement of what makes a footballer is crap.

A couple of things though. Kevin N must go. Brooks and Moses need to improve their defence and Brooks, who is a really good half back, must learn where and when to pass and to whom.
Welcome back Col, halftime possession 62% to 38%, but they were a rabble, they had no game plan and they were dominated again, easts were hungry, we were not, why is that ?
Go hard or go home

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:22 pm

I'll say it again , we simply can't match the Roosters size ,strength and speed

We got dominated in attack , we get outmuscled and over run every time in defence and their kicking game was almost perfect

Add the weather conditions that suited the bigger , stronger ,faster side to a T, did anyone expect anything different ??

Why is everyone freaking out , I'm surprised we kept it to a 14 point loss ??

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

Agree Happy but the other issue that wont go away regardless of how our forwards compete is the right hand edge defence. What do you see causes it and how do they fix it?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:39 pm

snowleopard wrote:Agree Happy but the other issue that wont go away regardless of how our forwards compete is the right hand edge defence. What do you see causes it and how do they fix it?
Lack of size , lack of confidence , lack of smarts defensively , rarely in a straight line , rush out at the wrong moment

We need to do what Wests did in the early 90's

Hard heads , blokes like Andrew Farrar ,David Gillespie , Wynn , Joey Thomas , Langmack blokes in key positons that can hold the team together when it all gets pear shaped mixed in with the talented youth

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:51 pm

magpiecol wrote:Well, I read some of the comments on this forum when I returned from o/s last night. I watched the game today and I could not believe what I saw.

Some good points here. I reckon Naiqama is great but he is making too many mistakes defensively. I also like Brooks but a good halfback should know when and where to pass.

I think most of our problems revolve around our halves execution and in particular how consistent they are. They both play well enough at times. They both don't play well enough consistently. They outplayed the Brisbane halves who are guns a couple of weeks ago but they were completely outplayed against the Roosters halves. It also doesn't have anything to do with the forwards. They still make way too many mistakes throughout the game.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 7:04 pm

snowleopard wrote:Agree Happy but the other issue that wont go away regardless of how our forwards compete is the right hand edge defence. What do you see causes it and how do they fix it?

The more I watch the mess of our right hand defence the more I think it all stems from Moses poor reads. Kev and Noffo are second guessing what Moses is going to do. Moses invariably targets the wrong runner or is bumped off in 1 on 1 situations. Kev either slides across to help or decides to rush out of the line to stop the play early. Noffo is left in no mans land . He either slides across as well leaving his winger unmarked or stays out leaving a hole where Kev was. The only way to fix it is for Moses to improve his defence exponentially.