Woods V Hargraves

bigsiro

Re: Woods V Hargraves

Post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 3:52 pm

Needs more dragons...
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:12 pm

2041 wrote:My word there is some dribbling on this thread. There isn't a team in the competition that Woods wouldn't start for and yes I include the Cowboys in that - Woods is clearly doing more than Tamou week in, week out. He's a rep quality prop playing in a busted pack, he plays major minutes week after week and is almost always produces the best numbers of any Tiger. We should be bloody glad he didn't go to Manly when he had the chance, because without him we've got very little up front.

Yes, Hargreaves had a much better game yesterday. It happens. Last week Woods was clearly the best prop NSW had, and there were multiple match reports I saw arguing that one of Daley's big mistakes was not giving Woods enough game time. To expect the guy to knock out 200 metres, 50 tackles and half a dozen offloads game after game without ever having an off week is just insane.

I simply cannot believe that there are people who call themselves Tigers fans who are turning on the guy (I couldn't give a monkeys about some troll Raiders fan jumping on - whatever mate, no-one asked you). Seriously, whoever it was said George Burgess is better than Woods - go for a lie down, pal. Or, better: have a look at a Souths forum - half of them want both the Burgess twins punted. Lillyman! Take a look at yourself mate.

I mean, as if the Tigers don't have problems enough without this sort of garbage.
:righton:

Well said 2041.

Some of the people rubbishing Woods, would not know a footballer if they fell over one. They are just haters mate. They hate the players, they hate the coach and they hate the club. Ignore them.

Fordy20

Post by Fordy20 » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:27 pm

It's a bit much expecting Woods to do everything. Surely some of the other blokes could look to take the heads off the opposition and jam their elbows into people's throats.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:47 pm

magpiecol wrote: Well said 2041.

Some of the people rubbishing Woods, would not know a footballer if they fell over one. They are just haters mate. They hate the players, they hate the coach and they hate the club. Ignore them.
Posts like this ruin camaraderie amongst fans and keep other fans from posting their opinions on these forums.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:48 pm

Some these comments are laughable.....

JWH is a quality a player no doubt, but so is Woods!

This whole fear factor and alike is a myth. NRL players arent scared of being tackled hard and having someone run hard at them.

It is all about effectiveness, although charging into the defence revs the fans up, it is no more beneficial than using a bit of footwork at the line getting between 2 players and driving a couple more metres.

It is not about showing how tough you are it is about getting the side going forward to give the backs a chance to show their stuff.

There is a good reason why Woods is an automatic selection for every rep side.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:51 pm

I started a thread about Woods taking the mantle as the top AUS prop during the early SOO game last year when he showed a bit of mongrel and ripped into the maroons and finding his front, having been far and away the form frontrower in the comp.

I was wrong, though he is is a good player and did still deserve the Daly M from that first half of the year plus.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:54 pm

Goose wrote:Some these comments are laughable.....

JWH is a quality a player no doubt, but so is Woods!

This whole fear factor and alike is a myth. NRL players arent scared of being tackled hard and having someone run hard at them.

It is all about effectiveness, although charging into the defence revs the fans up, it is no more beneficial than using a bit of footwork at the line getting between 2 players and driving a couple more metres.

It is not about showing how tough you are it is about getting the side going forward to give the backs a chance to show their stuff.

There is a good reason why Woods is an automatic selection for every rep side.
I agree with the effectiveness comment. Who cares if players are scary. It's not a children's book about the big bad monster.

Woods though for mine just doesn't dominate enough games. Did he stand up in origin ? Did he stand up against the Roosters pack ? How often does he stand up and lead us to a win ? He is a quality player though. I think our pack needs someone like Taupau.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:58 pm

JWH would respect Woods but certainly wouldn't fear him

Woods need an injection of James Graham's blood , to give him that killer instinct , kill or be killed mentality

Watch when JWH or Bromwich or James Graham or Gallen play each other , they basically go to war against each other to get the upper hand over the other