Woods V Hargraves

User avatar
Glen McWilliams
Member
Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Woods V Hargraves

Post by Glen McWilliams » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 7:06 am

What got my back up was at one point JWH had Teddy pinned to the ground and was digging his elbow into the side of his face. Our best player, being manhandled and treated with contempt; and not one Tigers player did a thing about it. They just stood there and waited for their turn to get tackled.
Boston Red Sox 2013: Worst to First!
Boston Red Sox 2014: First to Worst...


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 7:27 am

Glen McWilliams wrote:What got my back up was at one point JWH had Teddy pinned to the ground and was digging his elbow into the side of his face. Our best player, being manhandled and treated with contempt; and not one Tigers player did a thing about it. They just stood there and waited for their turn to get tackled.
Yes, I noted that. When that is gone WT will be a team. They should be made to watch that, over and over, in their video shaming sessions.
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:18 am

Out of all of the teams in the competition they have been underperforming this year. We played them into form last year and probably did it again yesterday
I think we judged them on their place on the ladder rather than on paper. They have lost a few good players but they have got plenty of good replacements and they have a great mobile forward pack.

Strangely enough probably one of our better performances against the Roosters based on the drubbings they have dished on us in recent years.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:26 am

southerntiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:JWH loves playing the Tigers, no one in our pack is capable of putting him firmly on his backside, the only player we had who could do it had his career cut short. Woods just isn't an aggressive player, he's pretty smart and chews the metres up but defensively he is not strong which is his only real downfall IMO. If Woods could flatten blokes he'd be the best front rower in the comp.
He doesnt even try Willow. Hargraves and Evans ran straight over him and it did nothing to change his lacklustre mood. He's in Origin cruise mode.

Over the next 18 months, if Felise, Tatola and Alioai come on i would let Woods go.
Cruise is a good description. Woods just goes through the motions. Whenever we play a top forward pack you can see the difference between Woods and the best props in the game.
There isn't a lot of really good props around at the moment, which is the only reason possible that Woodsie is in the NSWTeam, he's the softest rep prop I've ever seen

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:30 am

stryker wrote::dead
Winnipeg wrote:Woods is one type of front rower and JWH is another ... we need a Hargreaves type to complement Woods - we don't have one
Finally! I seriously didnt think I'd read this whole thread before someone pointed this out. Well done Winipeg.

Woods does his job and that is to eat meters. He does it every week no matter the opposition. His partner needs to be the aggressive foil. No coach he has played first grade under has sorted this out.
Eating metres is only good if you get a fast play the ball, woods doesn't do that, so there's no holes for the next runner to hit, the defence has plenty of time to reset.


greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2016
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:39 am

Glen McWilliams wrote:What got my back up was at one point JWH had Teddy pinned to the ground and was digging his elbow into the side of his face. Our best player, being manhandled and treated with contempt; and not one Tigers player did a thing about it. They just stood there and waited for their turn to get tackled.
Yep I hear you. If only our pack had the attitude of the Tigers pack from the late 80s. They would've cut Hargreaves in half.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:49 am

Fordy20 wrote:That's right Robbie got injured. During that time, we had a narrow win against Parra and lost two on the trot before he came back. Then during the Origin period, we won every game he played and lost every game he didn't. Then injuries caught up with us, with Bodene Thompson playing in the centres before he got injured too and other second rowers like Sitaleki Akauola and Cory Paterson playing on the wing.
Yep , that's right , but it was all Robbies fault, and his fault that we lost yesterday, and every loss we've had since 2005 ,
I'm sure that if Donald Trump wins the presidency , that'll be Robbies fault too. :roll: :roll:

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16727
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:00 am

Glen McWilliams wrote:What got my back up was at one point JWH had Teddy pinned to the ground and was digging his elbow into the side of his face. Our best player, being manhandled and treated with contempt; and not one Tigers player did a thing about it. They just stood there and waited for their turn to get tackled.
Yeah, someone should have lined him up for the next run and smashed the bejesus out of him and given him a facial for good measure. They play like choirboys.

Barb should be ordained as a saint for lining that grub up in 2010.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3769
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:02 am

king sirro wrote:This battle is getting embarrassing for Aaron.

Every single time Jarrod makes Woods look 2nd rate.

Don't disagree ks, but he makes just about every other prop look second rate as well.

As someone we need an agressive prop to partner Woods.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3769
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:04 am

king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:JWH loves playing the Tigers, no one in our pack is capable of putting him firmly on his backside, the only player we had who could do it had his career cut short. Woods just isn't an aggressive player, he's pretty smart and chews the metres up but defensively he is not strong which is his only real downfall IMO. If Woods could flatten blokes he'd be the best front rower in the comp.
He doesnt even try Willow. Hargraves and Evans ran straight over him and it did nothing to change his lacklustre mood. He's in Origin cruise mode.

Over the next 18 months, if Felise, Tatola and Alioai come on i would let Woods go.
Are you serious???

Totally and emphatically disagree - even if the other three come on.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3769
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:08 am

innsaneink wrote:but he says 2041 a lot
Let's not get ahead of ourselves Ink - 2040 is the number.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3769
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:13 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fordy20 wrote:That's right Robbie got injured. During that time, we had a narrow win against Parra and lost two on the trot before he came back. Then during the Origin period, we won every game he played and lost every game he didn't. Then injuries caught up with us, with Bodene Thompson playing in the centres before he got injured too and other second rowers like Sitaleki Akauola and Cory Paterson playing on the wing.
Yep , that's right , but it was all Robbies fault, and his fault that we lost yesterday, and every loss we've had since 2005 ,
I'm sure that if Donald Trump wins the presidency , that'll be Robbies fault too. :roll: :roll:
Have you thought that if he had played it might have been 52. No you wouldn't, would you, push the Farah barrow mate, you'll get that Robbie medal yet.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:21 am

Russell wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fordy20 wrote:That's right Robbie got injured. During that time, we had a narrow win against Parra and lost two on the trot before he came back. Then during the Origin period, we won every game he played and lost every game he didn't. Then injuries caught up with us, with Bodene Thompson playing in the centres before he got injured too and other second rowers like Sitaleki Akauola and Cory Paterson playing on the wing.
Yep , that's right , but it was all Robbies fault, and his fault that we lost yesterday, and every loss we've had since 2005 ,
I'm sure that if Donald Trump wins the presidency , that'll be Robbies fault too. :roll: :roll:
Have you thought that if he had played it might have been 52. No you wouldn't, would you, push the Farah barrow mate, you'll get that Robbie medal yet.
Do you really believe the drivel that you write at some times Russ, or are you a true believer in JTs 4 Hookers........ or O Hookers policy.
are you on a retainer from JT now?

tigerbalm
Member
Member
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:45 am

hobbo2803 wrote:Woods for me is almost at a "plodder" status .
Put it this way , if he was a Queenslander I doubt he'd be picked for the Maroons .


Couldn't agree more.

He lumbers into the line Galloway-like, offloads a small percentage of the time and gets the nod for captain...and possibly future SOO captain??????
JWH destroyed him (and his team) yesterday. At no point did I see woods put his hand up for a big run to lift the team or put on a big hit and try to get Wests back on track.

Considering how the club is run, a Captain like Woods is probably fitting.

User avatar
Magpie Ryan
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Magpie Ryan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:08 am

Winnipeg wrote:Woods is one type of front rower and JWH is another ... we need a Hargreaves type to complement Woods - we don't have one
Spot on and he is one of the best of this type of front rower,we are in need of a big hitting bloke with a chip on his shoulder....

Simon Dwyer new what to do!

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16727
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:39 am

I still think Woods getting captaincy over Lawrence was diabolical.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:51 am

king sirro wrote:This battle is getting embarrassing for Aaron.

Every single time Jarrod makes Woods look 2nd rate.
Thats because...Woods is a cuddly teddy bear... Jarrod is a ferocious grisly bear. :mrgreen:

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 11:02 am

Glen McWilliams wrote:What got my back up was at one point JWH had Teddy pinned to the ground and was digging his elbow into the side of his face. Our best player, being manhandled and treated with contempt; and not one Tigers player did a thing about it. They just stood there and waited for their turn to get tackled.
I saw that Glen. JWB is a dirty player. I would've loved to have seen our captain run in and drag him off Teddy. I wouldn't have cared less, if he gave away a penalty because of it. I would've been so proud of Woodsy. He's certainly no James Graham is he.

Post Reply