Moses - The next "bad" Benji

Eddie

Moses - The next "bad" Benji

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:17 pm

I would have been happy enough for the Roosters to take him off our hands. He seems intent on being the next Benji. A guy who can get on the highlight reel, but makes twice as many bloopers. There is no leadership, or tough percenttage plays that makes you a successful NRL team.

We need 1 experienced player in the halves to try and take control of a game. We cant have these kids, waiting for years thinking all of a sudden something will click and they will start behaving like NRL players. We lost to a dud side today, a side that has won 2 games all year. Yet they bullied us and did all the percentage plays we could not manage.

Moses goes for the hail mary play as often as Benji does. Even on a wet day today he is going for miracle balls. Or forgetting to kick on the last play. Or when you do kick every 2nd one is a shocker. Its just unforgivable at this level.

Then you have his defence. Yes he has a go but he is a dead set turnstyle. How many teams have to worry so much about spot players like we do. Standing next to eqully small Kev and Nofo its a recipe ofr disaster. Defending on our line we are in crisis every time the Roosters go near him. Just too easy to see tries like that at this level. You expect that in 20s not in NRL.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:22 pm

Hard to disagree however Brooks was pretty poor also, probably more so.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

razor7

Post by razor7 » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:29 pm

Agree . Moses has a woeful kicking game, poor reads in defence, multiple missed tackles and too many attempted miracle plays. This stuff repeats weekly. A massive no from me.

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:34 pm

Eddie wrote:I would have been happy enough for the Roosters to take him off our hands. He seems intent on being the next Benji. A guy who can get on the highlight reel, but makes twice as many bloopers. There is no leadership, or tough percenttage plays that makes you a successful NRL team.

We need 1 experienced player in the halves to try and take control of a game. We cant have these kids, waiting for years thinking all of a sudden something will click and they will start behaving like NRL players. We lost to a dud side today, a side that has won 2 games all year. Yet they bullied us and did all the percentage plays we could not manage.

Moses goes for the hail mary play as often as Benji does. Even on a wet day today he is going for miracle balls. Or forgetting to kick on the last play. Or when you do kick every 2nd one is a shocker. Its just unforgivable at this level.

Then you have his defence. Yes he has a go but he is a dead set turnstyle. How many teams have to worry so much about spot players like we do. Standing next to eqully small Kev and Nofo its a recipe ofr disaster. Defending on our line we are in crisis every time the Roosters go near him. Just too easy to see tries like that at this level. You expect that in 20s not in NRL.
Don't agree with Moses thought he was one of our best!
I understand his defence is not great but doesn't have a great guy inside or outside him in defence. I'd say he would be playing a lot better with matt Gillette inside him!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:44 pm

On a wet day like today our small backline was just asking to be decimated by any NRL big forward pack. I don't whether the club has spent it's last two cents on the new Brooks'Moses contract but the club needs to recruit two big first grade level centres and a strong experienced half. Otherwise our team will remain sitting ducks whenever the opposition forwards get a roll on. Remember our game against Canberra? Talking about big centres, Watson Heleta would have stood out if he played in the centres today,

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:49 pm

Who missed the penalty kick for touch? Unforgivable, just shows they haven't got there head in the game. Just kick it out ffs.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:50 pm

But the halves are so good without Robbie right??!!

He denies them early ball and kills their game right?!

I wonder if we will here that rubbish get trotted out this week by all and sundry

Fordy20

Post by Fordy20 » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:55 pm

Newtown wrote:On a wet day like today our small backline was just asking to be decimated by any NRL big forward pack. I don't whether the club has spent it's last two cents on the new Brooks'Moses contract but the club needs to recruit two big first grade level centres and a strong experienced half. Otherwise our team will remain sitting ducks whenever the opposition forwards get a roll on. Remember our game against Canberra? Talking about big centres, Watson Heleta would have stood out if he played in the centres today,
Remember when Potter signed Takarangi, but Taylor told him to bugger off since he wasn't the one who signed him. Good times!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:57 pm

Moses needs a feed , my 12 year old young fella has him covered for size .

Brooks needs a root , he's lacking confidence !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 6:58 pm

The halves didn't loose us the game the forwards did.

Hargraves - 252 m
Napa - 186m
Moa - 153m
Guerra - 184m

Woods - 132m
Ava - 86m
Sue - 89m
Aloia - 21m

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 7:00 pm

Yup

willow

Post by willow » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:25 pm

Brooks is the half I would be letting go. We have these guys for next season, but I would honestly let Brooks go. He's not a great organiser, his kicking game is more often than not, poor and his defence (Moses too) is crap. But at $550k, he's not worth it. Moses looks to be the more confident of the two players and is more threatening in attack.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:37 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:The halves didn't loose us the game the forwards did.

Hargraves - 252 m
Napa - 186m
Moa - 153m
Guerra - 184m

Woods - 132m
Ava - 86m
Sue - 89m
Aloia - 21m
This is too simple a verdict without knowing how many times they each handled the ball and under what circumstances.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:38 pm

Just watched Titans (who were favourites for wooden spoon at start of year score a great win over the Bunnies in extra time and won through efforts of a largely unknown half back this year......
Last edited by Gazman on Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:41 pm

Gazman wrote:Just watched Titans (who were favourites for wooden spoon at start of year) score a great win over the Bunnies in extra time and won through efforts of a largely unknown half back this year......
Ash taylor is a good player , better than Broses !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:42 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:The halves didn't loose us the game the forwards did.

Hargraves - 252 m
Napa - 186m
Moa - 153m
Guerra - 184m

Woods - 132m
Ava - 86m
Sue - 89m
Aloia - 21m
This is too simple a verdict without knowing how many times they each handled the ball and under what circumstances.
Its only 'too simple' for dummies and if you watched the bloody game you didnt even need the stats to see our forwards yet again were well and truly rolled

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:44 pm

Our forwards got rolled.

They got bullied.

My point Re Moses was his style of play over the course of the year.

He is becoming a hail mary player in my opinion.

People will praise him cause he did 3 or 4 great things. But what about the 5 or 6 bad things that hurt the team.

It doesnt work in the NRL.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:46 pm

Uncle Nick must feel like the death row prisoner that just got a stay of execution.