Moses - The next "bad" Benji

Fordy20

Re: Moses - The next Benji

Post by Fordy20 » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:47 pm

willow wrote:Brooks is the half I would be letting go. We have these guys for next season, but I would honestly let Brooks go. He's not a great organiser, his kicking game is more often than not, poor and his defence (Moses too) is crap. But at $550k, he's not worth it. Moses looks to be the more confident of the two players and is more threatening in attack.
Can't agree. Brooks has more missed tackles, but his edge lets in less tries, so Moses can't be much chop when it comes to organising. Last week against Horse we only started to dominate when Brooks took over and stopped Moses from taking the poor last tackle options. When we were pushing for a field goal, although Moses kicked it, Rankin was the one doing the organising.

Moses looks busier and flashier, but ultimately Brooks is the player with more try assists and line break assists. He'd probably have even more without Moses overcalling him.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:48 pm

Ive chnaged my mind on the halves.

If forced to keep one i would keep Brooks.

Ithink with an old head around him he could be really good.

Moses wants to do his own thing sometimes.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:48 pm

I thought Moses has a real dig today...Brooks was poor but as already been pointed out when your forwards get owned the halves are going to struggle,,their kicking for the most part didn't help the forwards out either,,

Simply put as a team we were dominated...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:49 pm

Gazman wrote:Just watched Titans (who were favourites for wooden spoon at start of year score a great win over the Bunnies in extra time and won through efforts of a largely unknown half back this year......

There attitude was ubelivable. A credit to their coach. Unlike us :bash

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:21 pm

Benji won a preimiership...

Moses will be lucky to see a semi final if he doesn't step his game up, both defensively and offensively.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:22 pm

Sorry you are right Benji was great at times Ill change the thread title slightly....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:39 pm

Geo. wrote:I thought Moses has a real dig today...Brooks was poor but as already been pointed out when your forwards get owned the halves are going to struggle,,their kicking for the most part didn't help the forwards out either,,

Simply put as a team we were dominated...
I agree....thought Brooks was worse. Not many were real good though, bar the odd glimpse here and there...we were simply outplayed....the team dont have to be off by much to get done in this comp, Im sure weve all heard this from the experts in the media.
This board loves playing the blame game...we single players out for criticism after a loss, we single them out for praise after a win

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:45 pm

Frankly,until either of them make a little more effort in defence than the pathetic arm grabs today,Id be unfussed if we lost both of them end 2017.
And whilst they continue to play together,whatever team they play for (regardless of coach)will be permanently anchored to the bottom of the table.They are both simply a dead weight without the ball in their hands,and put way too much pressure on other players.
One has to go end 2017..and I hope they both watch Ash Taylors game for GC today..he has already become what weve been waiting for some time from these two.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:11 pm

clontarfkid wrote:Frankly,until either of them make a little more effort in defence than the pathetic arm grabs today,Id be unfussed if we lost both of them end 2017.
And whilst they continue to play together,whatever team they play for (regardless of coach)will be permanently anchored to the bottom of the table.They are both simply a dead weight without the ball in their hands,and put way too much pressure on other players.
One has to go end 2017..and I hope they both watch Ash Taylors game for GC today..he has already become what weve been waiting for some time from these two.
I really thought to myself today after seeing yet another of Brooks turnstyle impersonations, his team mates should really get up him about it....both him and Moses
These guys get sympathy when they make a mistake, the get a pat on the head, a ''dont worry bout it''
They really should both be torn a new one, embarrased by their peers into putting the bodies on the line and their shoulders into a tackle
Its not thet they cant do it...ive seen them, they just choose not to sometimes

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:12 pm

The one thing I do like about Moses is that he doesn't go missing as such. He is always involved, but it's just whether it's rocks or diamonds.

The age old adage sticks though, when you get rolled up front your halves will always struggle to prosper. Woods got put on his back more often than not, and the others got slowed down as well. One out running might be a low risk option coming out of your own half but we really lacked punch at the line. It seems like every other team in the comp is capable of having a pig steam on to it from 10 metres out and land over the stripe, we just cannot do it (regularly that is.)
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm

People say Moses is more aggressive and more involved. No doubt he has more confidence.

However how often does he actually threaten the advantage line??

His running game is non existent in my opinion and not good enough.

Brooks does pose a threat to run. Just lacks any real confidence or swagger.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:29 pm

Eddie wrote:People say Moses is more aggressive and more involved. No doubt he has more confidence.

However how often does he actually threaten the advantage line??

His running game is non existent in my opinion and not good enough.

Brooks does pose a threat to run. Just lacks any real confidence or swagger.
I agree with you Eddie. Just noting that I respect a player that keeps trying even when it's not working out for them though, rather than just disappearing from the game. Brooks actually goes missing for substantial periods during games.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:35 pm

I agree with that. However, consider

Brooks had an excellent game against Souths without Moses.

Does he shrink when Moses is out there yaking away?? I think so.

Not blaming Moses for this really, its Lukes fault.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 4:27 am

As many have said before, there are probably at least three reasons why our halves are struggling;
1. It's diificult for two, young inexperienced halves to learn and succeed together in first grade.
2. Its nearly impossible for any halves combination to shine when their forwards are going backwards.
3. Young halves need mentoring and wise coaching and it's questionable whether they've had either.
Put it all together though and they are both underachieving....

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 5:42 am

Brooks was worse and was the one that reminded me of Benji, plays for himself with selfish kicks, doesn't back up, is a poor organiser and doesn't play to his skill set........he thinks he's better than he actually is.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:50 am

Boonboon2 wrote:The halves didn't loose us the game the forwards did.

Hargraves - 252 m
Napa - 186m
Moa - 153m
Guerra - 184m

Woods - 132m
Ava - 86m
Sue - 89m
Aloia - 21m
Agreed,but no excuse for the disgraceful kicking AGAIN, having no awareness of the tackle count.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 7:04 am

Tigerdave wrote:Brooks was worse and was the one that reminded me of Benji, plays for himself with selfish kicks, doesn't back up, is a poor organiser and doesn't play to his skill set........he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Put Moses to 7 and put Rankin to 6,you will see a better game from Moses with Rankin organising...It would be a great experiment that won't happen,but let's run with the 2 kids still learning at this level...Brooks has been put on a pedestal for far to long,how he is going to be superstar,its now time for him to man up or ship out I reckon...I'm starting to get sick of looking for excuses for both of them...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 7:21 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:Brooks was worse and was the one that reminded me of Benji, plays for himself with selfish kicks, doesn't back up, is a poor organiser and doesn't play to his skill set........he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Put Moses to 7 and put Rankin to 6,you will see a better game from Moses with Rankin organising...It would be a great experiment that won't happen,but let's run with the 2 kids still learning at this level...Brooks has been put on a pedestal for far to long,how he is going to be superstar,its now time for him to man up or ship out I reckon...I'm starting to get sick of looking for excuses for both of them...
yeah that would be interesting to see how we'd go with that combo, but you're right, it won't happen