WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

Flippedy

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

Post by Flippedy » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:52 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:I wonder what Halatau has to do to get dropped.

Retire?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:56 pm

bigsiro wrote:The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing - John Powell.

Whoever is selecting this team better pray Kev holds his defensive position this week or this forum will have conniptions.
Not a chance in hell that Kev will stick to his sideline.....1st minute of the game South's will shift it left, Fro will have a panic attack and rush in off his wing yet again and Inglis will crawl over on his belly from 20 metres out. Yippee, can't wait for that. :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:57 pm

I don't know why I bother checking the team every Tuesday expecting to see anything different

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't mind having JAC there, last week wasn't a day for wingers( or anyone for that matter, as far as I'm concerned he's shown more ability than any other winger so I'm prepared to give him another run. We may as well get some return for the peanuts we pay him.
Also pleased that Sanity made a call here again, and our best hooker is there, sadly I think it will all be in vain, as I wouldn't mind betting that Souths will have a point to prove

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:58 pm

diedpretty wrote:
bigsiro wrote:The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing - John Powell.

Whoever is selecting this team better pray Kev holds his defensive position this week or this forum will have conniptions.
He would hold his position if Moses could tackle. I think Kevs as nervous as a sheep in NZ when it hears a zipper.
Yup.
One way or another he is going to get rammed.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:00 pm

JT needs to knock a big star picket into the ground on Kev's sideline, attach some fishing line with a massive sharp hook on the end and hook it through Fro's foreskin to keep him from screaming in off his wing at every opportunity. If that fails then I'm outta ideas.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:01 pm

This is the first week I haven't been excited about JAC.. So disapointed

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:02 pm

seadoggy wrote:Chee Kam to centre and Felise instead of Grant and I would have been content, as it stands ... don't think we have much of chance, we will compete for a while, but lack of imagination in attack, lapses in defence and penalties will probably get souths over the line.
I reckon that this is tough on Naiqama and Grant but I think that this is what should happen for a while at least.

RobWT

Post by RobWT » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:02 pm

Didn't expect anything different. JJ should be on the bench for halatau and MCK should be taking kevs spot.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:03 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Halatau... seriously how does this bloke get in week in week out. No impact and really beyond it atm. The fact Ado Carr is still in the team doesn't make sense after he signed elsewhere really shouldn't be in the team. As for the right edge... we should start a drinking game for everytime they come up and in on defence. Really can't be having them both on the right.
Addo-Carr should be there. He is probably the best winger in the club and definitely the best winger on that side of the field.

I reckon Halatau is great. He hits in defence consistently and can belt it up. Deserves his spot. He can also play on the edge. Felise is a prop and not an edge player.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:08 pm

Looks like Robbie really was rested last week... JT showing concern after a tough origin outing.
Much ado over nothing it appears

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Halatau... seriously how does this bloke get in week in week out. No impact and really beyond it atm. The fact Ado Carr is still in the team doesn't make sense after he signed elsewhere really shouldn't be in the team. As for the right edge... we should start a drinking game for everytime they come up and in on defence. Really can't be having them both on the right.
Maybe Addo Carr isn't really gone.. JT might think that by continuing to play him, he'll backflip and decide to stay haha.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:Looks like Robbie really was rested last week... JT showing concern after a tough origin outing.
Well....Ballin's injury sure helped with the decision. We will never know!!!!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:30 pm

Fade To Black wrote:JT needs to knock a big star picket into the ground on Kev's sideline, attach some fishing line with a massive sharp hook on the end and hook it through Fro's foreskin to keep him from screaming in off his wing at every opportunity. If that fails then I'm outta ideas.
How do you know he's circumcised ???
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:Looks like Robbie really was rested last week... JT showing concern after a tough origin outing.
This might be true. I listened to the press conference which caused all the drama and Taylor didn't state anything derogatory towards Farah.

With hindsight it was probably the wrong decision but I can see why he did it.

marzie

Post by marzie » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:53 pm

On NRL 360 they just said that Dene trained as starting hooker today and that Robbie trained afterwards with the reserves...What the hell?

I think Jason Taylor is self destructing

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:57 pm

SMH reporting he will be benched

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 6:59 pm

I thought the rest was a no brainer TBH.
Tough origin, 80 mins, 50+tackles in average conditions.
Four days later in that quagmire on tired legs
Five day turnaround after the quagmire, do it again.

3 tough games in 9 days. An outside back or winger? Maybe. Not a forward.

This way he is completely fresh and motivated for Souths. Lets just see how he goes.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!