WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

diedpretty

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

Post by diedpretty » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 9:24 pm

We have 1 very experienced fit out of form hooker ( Farah ), 1 makeshift hooker who doesn't offer a lot anymore (Halatau) and 2 inexperienced youngsters who really aren't up to !st grade standard ( Cherrington and Liddle)
Who do you pick? It really is a no brainer isn't it?

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 9:52 pm

A very predictable team. Everyone is giving their opinion so I may as well give mine. I think Chee Kam should start for Naiqama. I like Kev but he's proven to be a defensive liability for too long. I also think Nofo should be demoted but we don't have a ready made replacement who's going to be any better. Same goes for JAC, who some might argue should be left out of first grade for the rest of the season. Again, no replacements except for, maybe Peni ,and I don't think Josh's departure is all his doing.....Keep a match winner there.I would swap Sue for Alouai because of his aggression and line bending ability and I'd also drop Grant in favor of Felise. This might sound crazy but has anyone thought of trying Teddy in the centres? He's a champion fullback but.....he can tackle, has footwork and a fend. I thought Rankin went all right at the back and he has ball skills that could be utilised.....Ok, howl me down, ha ha!

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 10:31 pm

Very predictable team. No way Naiqama should be there. MCK should be starting Center with Naiqama in reserves. Felise should defo be on the team, at least on the bench. I actually don't mind Dene's selection, at least he's versatile and can play a number of positions if Farah or one of the other forwards go down injured.
Let's hope this is just a draft team list JT sent out to make the deadline for team announcements and a few changes are on the way. Wonder what ONeill thinks of this team list
:sign:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:15 pm

tigermac88 wrote:I don't know why I bother checking the team every Tuesday expecting to see anything different
Perhaps because only two weeks ago it was different?

Aside from Littlejohn potentially giving the recently re-signed Brooks a spell, it doesn't seem like anyone in reggies has killed it in their previous two losses or over the course of the season. Chee-Kam and JAC have been given call ups.
One of my sources is Pascoe

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:18 pm

stevied wrote:A very predictable team. Everyone is giving their opinion so I may as well give mine. I think Chee Kam should start for Naiqama. I like Kev but he's proven to be a defensive liability for too long. I also think Nofo should be demoted but we don't have a ready made replacement who's going to be any better. Same goes for JAC, who some might argue should be left out of first grade for the rest of the season. Again, no replacements except for, maybe Peni ,and I don't think Josh's departure is all his doing.....Keep a match winner there.I would swap Sue for Alouai because of his aggression and line bending ability and I'd also drop Grant in favor of Felise. This might sound crazy but has anyone thought of trying Teddy in the centres? He's a champion fullback but.....he can tackle, has footwork and a fend. I thought Rankin went all right at the back and he has ball skills that could be utilised.....Ok, howl me down, ha ha!
Some pretty rational ideas actually. Tedesco has a bit of the Dugan about him and would go fine in the centres but he's an amazing fullback.

Let's see how Kev goes with JAC next to him and Nofo w Simona.
One of my sources is Pascoe

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:20 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Here we go again.......jekyl or Hyde this week???
We will get 20 minutes of sheer brilliance and 20 minutes of inept incompetence and 40 minutes of anywhere in between

Whether that 20 minutes of brilliance outdoes the 20 minutes of incompetence is yet to be seen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:21 pm

diedpretty wrote:We have 1 very experienced fit out of form hooker ( Farah ), 1 makeshift hooker who doesn't offer a lot anymore (Halatau) and 2 inexperienced youngsters who really aren't up to !st grade standard ( Cherrington and Liddle)
Who do you pick? It really is a no brainer isn't it?
Cameron Smith ??

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:39 pm

Not sure we can beat Souths twice in one year Not confident at all but never am.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:44 pm

krayola wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:I don't know why I bother checking the team every Tuesday expecting to see anything different
Perhaps because only two weeks ago it was different?

Aside from Littlejohn potentially giving the recently re-signed Brooks a spell, it doesn't seem like anyone in reggies has killed it in their previous two losses or over the course of the season. Chee-Kam and JAC have been given call ups.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:44 pm

kev shouldn't be in the team. i wanna say noffa shouldn't either but we need to separate those 2 to see who's at fault.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 11:49 pm

We leak points through our right edge week after week and nothing has been done to address it In regards to team selection. Besides JAC getting promoted and Sironen getting dropped a couple of weeks ago tell me what has changed in regards to under performers not being held accountable.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 10:45 am

So MCK as 18th man, do we know if someone is under an injury cloud or can we expect the possibility of Naiqama being replaced.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 12:01 pm

tigermac88 wrote:So MCK as 18th man, do we know if someone is under an injury cloud or can we expect the possibility of Naiqama being replaced.
Given recent run with injuries during warm ups the 18th man is a big show of getting a run :lol:

everett

Post by everett » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 1:27 pm

Some Forum member's comments make me laugh.

Based on their comments JAC, Halatua and Farah should not play for the NRL side again this year due to them signing elsewhere, retiring or moving on.

You have to pick your best 17 available and forget 2017.

Given how weak our right hand defence is, maybe MCK should trip Naiqama over during the warm up and then be elevated to starting centre. (lol).

Naiqama and Noffo have to be on the game plan of every opposition coach. Free tries available by running down the right side.

No wonder why we do not win many games with underperformers constantly rewarded with NRL spots.

Love to give Chance Peni a try in the top grade and let the other two learn how to tackle in State Cup indefinitely.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 2:29 pm

According to yesterday's SMH, Robbie is not going anywhere next year.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 2:36 pm

sideline eye wrote:According to yesterday's SMH, Robbie is not going anywhere next year.
Who was the author out of curiosity ...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 3:06 pm

tigermac88 wrote:So MCK as 18th man, do we know if someone is under an injury cloud or can we expect the possibility of Naiqama being replaced.
Funny, that was my immediate thought.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 3:09 pm

stevied wrote:.......This might sound crazy but has anyone thought of trying Teddy in the centres? He's a champion fullback but.....he can tackle, has footwork and a fend. I thought Rankin went all right at the back and he has ball skills that could be utilised.....Ok, howl me down, ha ha!
Why not just try Rankin at centre?
"Quality Stupidity"