Nathan Brown

tigerbill

Re: Nathan Brown

Post by tigerbill » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:24 am

Awful player. Terrible image for the game.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:21 am

Geo. wrote:Brown is Aggressive in the way he runs and tackles gives it everything ...Absolute Grubby tool in the way he acts...Cost his side with the penalties he gives away..

But man I wanted Sue to put one on his chin...
He kept Souths in the game with his play. Bird is similar and sometimes you need intimidating players to lift your pack. I think he is a good forward, a little over the top sometimes but he will mature into a fine prospect. A good friend of Lovett's.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:31 am

gallagher wrote:Not a brain in his head. You'd think after getting off from stomping aswell as costing his team victory last week he'd pull his head in for a bit.
Correct. Plays hard but there's nothing between the ears which means he has the uncanny ability to lose you a match.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:52 am

Runs hard, plenty of mongrel but that shot he put on Moses was stupid. He should be spending a bit of time in the naughty corner.
Type of player who'll lose you a game, unlikely to win you one.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:06 am

Was a little puzzled by the comments on TV and some gushing praise in the live thread, whilst watching and seeing Grant as head and shoulders the best front rower on the field at the time.

Sure enough he puts the effort in, but never thought much of him and last night changed nothing.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:12 am

id10t

white_tiger

Post by white_tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:13 am

I found it quite funny when woodsy came back on. He started pushing Brown around, and you could tell it was frustrating him.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:23 am

when brown decked moses late i was dissapointed none of the forwards hit him. there was 1 minute to go and we had the game well wrapped up, 10 mins in the bin isnt going to hurt us.

a forward needed to take a stand against him and show other teams that our halves arent free game.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:29 am

fergiefurr wrote:when brown decked moses late i was dissapointed none of the forwards hit him. there was 1 minute to go and we had the game well wrapped up, 10 mins in the bin isnt going to hurt us.

a forward needed to take a stand against him and show other teams that our halves arent free game.
We need an Enforcer amongst our pack , Taupau would've been great in that instance .
But we need an Enforcer with brains !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:44 am

#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:59 am

tig_prmz wrote:Image

he's not just a grub, he's a nut job. i dont care if he goes on to play for australia, i'd hate to support someone like him.
This is terrible sportmanship and some people wanted him to come back.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:01 am

swag tiger wrote:

he's not just a grub, he's a nut job. i dont care if he goes on to play for australia, i'd hate to support someone like him.
Yep I do. I don't want popular players. I good players with mongrel and he has both those qualities in spades. He is still very liked by the playing group, even after last night.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:03 am

southerntiger wrote:
swag tiger wrote:

Yep I do. I don't want popular players. I good players with mongrel and he has both those qualities in spades. He is still very liked by the playing group, even after last night.
He gave away lots of penalties last night.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:08 am

Sure. That happens with players who have mongrel. They can get the balance wrong at times. He was still the Bunnies best player and IMO the margin is a bit wider if he isn't playing.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:47 am

southerntiger wrote:Sure. That happens with players who have mongrel. They can get the balance wrong at times. He was still the Bunnies best player and IMO the margin is a bit wider if he isn't playing.
I don't think he was their best when you factor in the errors. He gave away a couple of stupid, pointless ruck penalties against Tim Grant who played him like a violin, plus the late hit on Moses was just unnecessary thuggery. He also got away with dropping the knees on Nofo which would have been another penalty and he got burned by Farah for his try.

He might make an extra couple of metres with his solid hit ups but it's a game of field position and you can't afford to have players giving away over 100m of it in stupid penalties.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:09 pm

Difficult to judge. The Newcastle squad probably has more salary cap issues that Wests and is very inexperienced. He has his work cut out solving those issues.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:10 pm

He is a more "mad dog" player than Gibbs was but does lift his team.If he could get the garbage out of his game would be ok to have.I though he was only forward for souths to have a dig last night but he does do crazy things

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:26 pm

I reckon the boys must just wind him up big time