Halatau starting hooker?

GNR4LIFE

Re: Halatau starting hooker?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:47 pm

Farah's best game this yr. Vindicated JT's decision. He came on with a rocket up his backside.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:53 pm

stevetiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:Everyone is a genius after a great win. I am not convinced Robbie starting off the bench made any difference, but I guess we will never know. What I would like to know why taylor and his coaching team think that it was the way to go. I am not having a shot at Taylor, I am just curious to know what the rational is
It was probably a dumb decision but I think the idea of having a hooker on for 80 minutes is a bit tough. It did show that Robbie isn't our key player but Woods had a lot of time off the field as well and he is also not a key player for us.
I must say our bench and its rotation really was effective tonight, the work load was spread more evenly than usual. Once again after a win everything looks good, but gee Souths look like side that has hit the wall and needs to do some rebuilding

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Farah's best game this yr. Vindicated JT's decision. He came on with a rocket up his backside.
No it didn't vindicate JT at all. He actually came on and put in a dud kick I think because he was a little out of sorts. I think he probably does need a rest but I think that he should start. He is the best hooker in the club and he should be first picked for that role.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:04 am

This will go on for the rest of the year...

Tigers win with Farah on the bench - Coach is a genius

Tigers lose with Farah on the bench - Sack taylor ASAP

Prob a lot more grey in it then that.

Souths would have been beaten by most teams tonight, they were hopeless.

However a good win by us and we played at a pretty good level.

Lets see how we go against a few decent sides before we proclam it ia masterstroke.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:06 am

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Farah's best game this yr. Vindicated JT's decision. He came on with a rocket up his backside.
No it didn't vindicate JT at all. He actually came on and put in a dud kick I think because he was a little out of sorts. I think he probably does need a rest but I think that he should start. He is the best hooker in the club and he should be first picked for that role.
You ''think'' he was out of sorts, so you don't even know for sure. You're just clutching and hoping he was so you can use it as an excuse to justify still bagging Taylor. This level of hate and denial is not healthy.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:48 am

stevetiger wrote:
I agree with the bit I highlighted, disagree with the rest though.

Robbie seemed out of sorts at first because his style of play needed to be altered to suit what was working for us. As a credit to him, as soon as he picked up the vibe out there, as he mentioned post game, that we were rolling and he only needed good service, we seemed to pick back up. The change over period was our weakest of the game for us.

No-one questions his effort. His influence is another thing all together, and whether he will admit it or not, or even notices he is doing it is a different kettle of fish. Tonight he chimed into the team, instead of the other way around. He has the class and skill to accent the team, its where he shines. An accent, not the melody.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 2:22 am

The media, even some fans make this a massive beet up.
Offering their opinions, giving their expert advice.
What I can't disagree on is a team should be structured to suit your players in this case the attacking asset of robbie farah.
But even if robbie tries to play his own game he can't get the a vantage in the ruck.
Is it a stroke of genius allowing the team to set the tempo with the future of the club dictating terms and setting the tone and then bringing farah in fresh using just the one interchange and allowing him to play his natural running game when it suits and complementing the side.
We shall see.
Two questions.
Does Robbie play against Melbourne or is he rested?
Was Laurie Daley watching the game taking notes and will we see Micheal Ennis starting the first 30 in SOO game 2?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:01 am

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Halatau was 100% better tonight

Well done Dene
Not really. You just got it wrong in the past. I'm not trying to be slack it's just the way it is. He does the job for us really well.
No probably more the fact is he is ok for 25 minutes