Halatau starting hooker?

GNR4LIFE

Re: Halatau starting hooker?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 10:27 pm

Just thought i'd leave this here
foreveratiger wrote:JT obviously hasn't got full control of things , gee it must be so annoying for him to have to run his selections through Buckets .
851 wrote:If JT didn't make so many moronic team selections in the first 10 rounds then he would probably still have full control, someone had to stop the rot.

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=54

^^^ This is 851 highlighting part of FT's comment and backing it up only 9 days ago. FTR coming off two wins.

And from later in the thread
851 wrote:And that is why JT has been put in the position he is in now, he could have avoided all this by picking teams on merit earlier in the season, he didn't and he is just copping the inevitable backlash, his own fault, and possibly his own undoing.
9 days later and he's done a hell of a 180.
851 wrote:Spot on, exhibit A our right side defence, exhibit B the hooker debacle, exhibit C our defence 25.92 points per game, exibit D no accountability, I could go on but whats the point, jadtiger is right JT won't learn from his mistakes.
851 wrote:I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
851 wrote:Lets hope it is a beat up, hell Halatau has no right being in the 17, let alone starting hooker, although last week JT went with no hooker in the 17, so who knows with our stupid coach.
And to top it off he posts this pearler of a thread where he vents his spleen about JT selection process even further

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27031

Hilarious.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 10:49 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Skipping ahead a bit. Origin game 2. Does Halatau play 80 minutes or do we ressurect Cherrington?
Lead up to origin 3 and the week after (dependign on injuries and who can back up) are the perfect time to blood Liddle in 1st grade off the bench.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 6:19 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Just thought i'd leave this here
foreveratiger wrote:JT obviously hasn't got full control of things , gee it must be so annoying for him to have to run his selections through Buckets .
851 wrote:If JT didn't make so many moronic team selections in the first 10 rounds then he would probably still have full control, someone had to stop the rot.

^^^ This is 851 highlighting part of FT's comment and backing it up only 9 days ago. FTR coming off two wins.

851 wrote:And that is why JT has been put in the position he is in now, he could have avoided all this by picking teams on merit earlier in the season, he didn't and he is just copping the inevitable backlash, his own fault, and possibly his own undoing.
851 wrote:Spot on, exhibit A our right side defence, exhibit B the hooker debacle, exhibit C our defence 25.92 points per game, exibit D no accountability, I could go on but whats the point, jadtiger is right JT won't learn from his mistakes.
851 wrote:I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
851 wrote:Lets hope it is a beat up, hell Halatau has no right being in the 17, let alone starting hooker, although last week JT went with no hooker in the 17, so who knows with our stupid coach.
And to top it off he posts this pearler of a thread where he vents his spleen about JT selection process even further

Hilarious.
As the young kids say these days...."that was dope. He just got owned"
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 3:46 pm

gallagher wrote:
851 wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Swordy wrote:Is Taylor selecting the side or is it someone else? Ive read differing things on here and TT seems to be the one everyone believes to be the info man. He suggested he does not pick the side.

I just want to know the facts before i beat someones brain in.
When we were 3 from 4 a few werr hailing the selection team for doing great work. One loss and now its all down to Taylor. Funny hey?
I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
No argument there. Ridiculous decision.
I just find it amusing that the 'selection team' do a great job when we win. Bit Taylor is a nut job if we lose.
The selection team picked a decent team on Tuesday, Ballin at hooker ET at lock, my problem is what JT did to that team when Ballin pulled out.
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 3:49 pm

Hilarious.
You having fun are you, I have not back flipped at all, you are tripping from too many drugs.
JT was just on FOX defending his decision to start Farah off the bench or not at all, he said every player in the team has competition for spots, and no matter who it is they will get selected accordingly.
I call BS JT, Farah is selected on a different criteria to every one else, otherwise Kev would have been dropped ages ago.
JT has an agenda and he is a hypocrite, I make no secret I hate the bloke and do not think he is even in the same stratosphere as an NRL coach, and the sooner he leaves the better.
Go hard or go home

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 4:23 pm

851 wrote:
gallagher wrote:
851 wrote:
gallagher wrote: When we were 3 from 4 a few werr hailing the selection team for doing great work. One loss and now its all down to Taylor. Funny hey?
I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
I just find it amusing that the 'selection team' do a great job when we win. Bit Taylor is a nut job if we lose.
The selection team picked a decent team on Tuesday, Ballin at hooker ET at lock, my problem is what JT did to that team when Ballin pulled out.
Surely the selection team would have been involved in the change.

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 4:27 pm

gallagher wrote:
851 wrote:
gallagher wrote:
851 wrote: I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
Surely the selection team would have been involved in the change.
Well if they approved that dumb move they can follow JT out the door too, we need smart decisions, and besides getting ET we have not had many in the last few years.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 5:40 pm

It's there in black and white and you still defend yourself. Wow.

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 7:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:It's there in black and white and you still defend yourself. Wow.
Mate I am not going to waste my time on a keyboard warrior like you, I have a daughter in year 10 and another in year 12, I work in a maximum security gaol so morons like you don't bother me.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:20 pm

851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:It's there in black and white and you still defend yourself. Wow.
Mate I am not going to waste my time on a keyboard warrior like you, I have a daughter in year 10 and another in year 12, I work in a maximum security gaol so morons like you don't bother me.
Haha now I'm a keyboard. Geez you're clutching resorting to that crap, plus telling me your life story.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:23 pm

851 wrote:
Haha now I'm a keyboard warrior. Do yourself a favour and look up the definition cos you have no concept of what the term means. Geez you're clutching resorting to that crap, plus telling me your life story which is totally irrelevant to the conversation to drive home your moral supieriority.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:28 pm

Don't understand why our Hooker combo is not Cherrington/Farah?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:45 pm

851 wrote:

Hilarious.
You having fun are you, I have not back flipped at all, you are tripping from too many drugs.
JT was just on FOX defending his decision to start Farah off the bench or not at all, he said every player in the team has competition for spots, and no matter who it is they will get selected accordingly.
I call BS JT, Farah is selected on a different criteria to every one else, otherwise Kev would have been dropped ages ago.
JT has an agenda and he is a hypocrite, I make no secret I hate the bloke and do not think he is even in the same stratosphere as an NRL coach, and the sooner he leaves the better.
Ive seen the same interview , looked like Pasty was about to cry .
JT's a dead man walking ....( here's hoping ) !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
Haha now I'm a keyboard warrior. Do yourself a favour and look up the definition cos you have no concept of what the term means. Geez you're clutching resorting to that crap, plus telling me your life story which is totally irrelevant to the conversation to drive home your moral supieriority.
I am telling you because of my daughters I deal with young men who think they know everything, and at work I deal I with murderer's, rapists, child molesters and the like, so dealing with you who thinks they are so smug is a non event.
Go hard or go home

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 9:59 pm

Taylor should have killed this off straight away Farah starts and we don't run with a second rower at hooker. He is enjoying publicly demoralising Farah and is unfit in my view to be a head coach.
Just shows the blokes character to be continuing with this rubbish.

I hope Farah moves on but I have grown to hate Taylor he is not only a poor coach but a petulant, vindictive child.

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:05 pm

TYGA wrote:Taylor should have killed this off straight away Farah starts and we don't run with a second rower at hooker. He is enjoying publicly demoralising Farah and is unfit in my view to be a head coach.
Just shows the blokes character to be continuing with this rubbish.

I hope Farah moves on but I have grown to hate Taylor he is not only a poor coach but a petulant, vindictive child.
That was the point I was trying to make, JT went on about competition for spots and players getting left out, yet that does not happen, he is using it as an excuse to punt Farah, fair enough Farah needs to go, but the coach should be first out the door.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:05 pm

Comparing someone's smugness on an Internet forum for backing up an argument with that of rapists and murderers now. 851, you're obviously really annoyed, or just embarrassed that you were proven to be a hypocrite over your view on Taylor and his team selections.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:09 pm

Sco77y wrote:Not a fan of Halatau at all - Average player, drops the ball too often and givevs away dumb penalties (last weekend being one of the worst). We have so many options I don't know why they keep going with him there. I don't think his experience outweighs any of his negatives..
100% agree. Cherrington is ten times better than Halatau, I cannot fathom why we don't play him instead. Cherrington should have been our starting hooker this year whenever Farah is injured or on SOO duty. Cherrington should also be our future hooker. It baffles me, just like letting JAC go to Melbourne baffles me. I also have no bloody idea why we bought Ballin when we had Farah, Cherrington, Halatau and Liddle.

There are some very strange and very STUPID decisions being made in our club
Tigers tragic since 1980.