Halatau starting hooker?

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5809
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Halatau starting hooker?

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Comparing someone's smugness on an Internet forum for backing up an argument with that of rapists and murderers now. 851, you're obviously really annoyed, or just embarrassed that you were proven to be a hypocrite over your view on Taylor and his team selections.
I am far from embarrassed, it is going to take more than you to achieve that, you can think what you like but JT is not a NRL coach and never will be.
Go hard or go home


lathami
Member
Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by lathami » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Just thought i'd leave this here
foreveratiger wrote:JT obviously hasn't got full control of things , gee it must be so annoying for him to have to run his selections through Buckets .
851 wrote:If JT didn't make so many moronic team selections in the first 10 rounds then he would probably still have full control, someone had to stop the rot.

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=54

^^^ This is 851 highlighting part of FT's comment and backing it up only 9 days ago. FTR coming off two wins.

And from later in the thread
851 wrote:And that is why JT has been put in the position he is in now, he could have avoided all this by picking teams on merit earlier in the season, he didn't and he is just copping the inevitable backlash, his own fault, and possibly his own undoing.
9 days later and he's done a hell of a 180.
851 wrote:Spot on, exhibit A our right side defence, exhibit B the hooker debacle, exhibit C our defence 25.92 points per game, exibit D no accountability, I could go on but whats the point, jadtiger is right JT won't learn from his mistakes.
851 wrote:I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
851 wrote:Lets hope it is a beat up, hell Halatau has no right being in the 17, let alone starting hooker, although last week JT went with no hooker in the 17, so who knows with our stupid coach.
And to top it off he posts this pearler of a thread where he vents his spleen about JT selection process even further

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27031

Hilarious.
Funny stuff, a tad to much time on your hands???

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:16 pm

Hey GNR4LIFE and 851 chill the hell out. We all support the same club. Peace people
Tigers tragic since 1980.

lathami
Member
Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by lathami » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:20 pm

How's the scarecrows call? What a hypocrite 'competition for spots', if true how bout you drop brooks then???? Full of it....

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21307
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:20 pm

lathami wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Just thought i'd leave this here
foreveratiger wrote:JT obviously hasn't got full control of things , gee it must be so annoying for him to have to run his selections through Buckets .
851 wrote:If JT didn't make so many moronic team selections in the first 10 rounds then he would probably still have full control, someone had to stop the rot.

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=54

^^^ This is 851 highlighting part of FT's comment and backing it up only 9 days ago. FTR coming off two wins.

And from later in the thread
851 wrote:And that is why JT has been put in the position he is in now, he could have avoided all this by picking teams on merit earlier in the season, he didn't and he is just copping the inevitable backlash, his own fault, and possibly his own undoing.
9 days later and he's done a hell of a 180.
851 wrote:Spot on, exhibit A our right side defence, exhibit B the hooker debacle, exhibit C our defence 25.92 points per game, exibit D no accountability, I could go on but whats the point, jadtiger is right JT won't learn from his mistakes.
851 wrote:I blame him for the no hooker debacle last week, Farah wanted to play, and ET was our best 3 games in a row from lock and should not have played hooker.
851 wrote:Lets hope it is a beat up, hell Halatau has no right being in the 17, let alone starting hooker, although last week JT went with no hooker in the 17, so who knows with our stupid coach.
And to top it off he posts this pearler of a thread where he vents his spleen about JT selection process even further

http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27031

Hilarious.
Funny stuff, a tad to much time on your hands???
Another one clutching for an argument.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:22 pm

lathami wrote:How's the scarecrows call? What a hypocrite 'competition for spots', if true how bout you drop brooks then???? Full of it....
Taylors getting a bit smug and cocky these last few weeks IMO

Time to sign up David Faalongo !
( he'd be cheap ) .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm

Hopefully Cherrington comes into the starting side and Halatau gets dropped.
Yeah, pigs might fly too
Tigers tragic since 1980.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:32 pm

Really does look like Halatau is going to start, with Farah on the bench.
Remarkable stuff, it really is.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5809
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:37 pm

ricksen wrote:Really does look like Halatau is going to start, with Farah on the bench.
Remarkable stuff, it really is.
It is remarkable that Halatau is actually in the 17.
Go hard or go home

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 10:44 pm

This GNR/851 rift is growing to rival the Taylor/Farah rift :shock:

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32436
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 7:05 am

I suggest GNR and 851 both chill out, or you can both go on mod preview if this crap continues.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 12:58 pm

Just flicked over to fox and Vossy on the sideline uttered those words.......2009 was a lifetime ago now. Tonight may be a different story me think.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21307
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 1:01 pm

Halatau*

I swear dude you misspell it every time.

airbus
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu 21 May, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by airbus » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 1:24 pm

If Farah is benched the Tigers will win. Souths on a short turnaround flying back from Perth. His style doesn't suit, tries to be too dominant and is disruptive. Hopefully Taylor can survive long enough to force him out.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21307
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 1:27 pm

airbus wrote:If Farah is benched the Tigers will win. Souths on a short turnaround flying back from Perth. His style doesn't suit, tries to be too dominant and is disruptive. Hopefully Taylor can survive long enough to force him out.
This has been ignored all week having to come from Perth after a deflating golden point loss. The odds are good that they'll be flat.

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 2:20 pm

Having read the SMH story on Farah being benched and Halatau starting, also watching the interview with JT trying to justify his decisions - mate... I don't know, I just don't get it. I am absolutely befuddled, completely flummoxed!!
Really, what is going on at this club? Is this supposed to be the pinnacle of professional sport in Australia? This whole saga is just appalling, the Tigers have become a joke and I couldn't imagine any half decent player, Coach or official ever wanting to come near the place. Furthermore, any decent young players we do have will be jumping ship at the first opportunity.

Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 3:15 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sco77y wrote:Not a fan of Halatau at all - Average player, drops the ball too often and givevs away dumb penalties (last weekend being one of the worst). We have so many options I don't know why they keep going with him there. I don't think his experience outweighs any of his negatives..
100% agree. Cherrington is ten times better than Halatau, I cannot fathom why we don't play him instead. Cherrington should have been our starting hooker this year whenever Farah is injured or on SOO duty. Cherrington should also be our future hooker. It baffles me, just like letting JAC go to Melbourne baffles me. I also have no bloody idea why we bought Ballin when we had Farah, Cherrington, Halatau and Liddle.

There are some very strange and very STUPID decisions being made in our club
Yeah baffles me too.. We have (had - Ballin) no.9's coming out of our ears and yet Halatau still gets a shot every week. Even with Ballin out, Cherry is more deserving of a spot than Halatau. Must be something going on there.. Looking forward to Liddle progressing to FG. For a position we easily had covered, it's become the biggest saga of the year.. Unnecessary.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 3:16 pm

Maybe if Ballin was fit and firing you might entertain the thought of starting Farah from the bench, god knows why!! but you might think it would work, but Deano, as nice a bloke and club man he is, one thing he is not is starting no9 and in my book he is hardly a back up no9. I have no idea what the coach thinks he may gain from this call and you would think with his job well and truely on the line he would be picking the best players in their best positions

Post Reply