**Live game thread** Us vs the Bunnies

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39552
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Bunnies

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:17 am

Russell wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on this and I believe we still would of won anyway , but they were down to 15 players with probably 55 minutes to go

Party on

Tough titties Happy.

We have been in that position a few times, it wasn't accepted as an excuse for us.

It is not an excuse for them - with 15 or 17, they were beaten by a better team on the night.
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:25 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28300
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:38 am

happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on this and I believe we still would of won anyway , but they were down to 15 players with probably 55 minutes to go

Party on

Tough titties Happy.

We have been in that position a few times, it wasn't accepted as an excuse for us.

It is not an excuse for them - with 15 or 17, they were beaten by a better team on the night.
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016
Go back to bed...didn't take to long for the ole we won cause the other team was crap..Debbie Downer....of course we need to keep winning games...Captain Obvious.. :roll:

Just enjoy beating Souff's twice...oh wait I see the issue is ..you tipped them...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27900
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:43 am

Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...
Haha some here think others have no idea.
Just a brief look left or right... Swivelling the body slightly or cocking an elbow in a passing motion can be enough to send a defender the wrong way... You only need a second

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:49 am

happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on this and I believe we still would of won anyway , but they were down to 15 players with probably 55 minutes to go

Party on

Tough titties Happy.

We have been in that position a few times, it wasn't accepted as an excuse for us.

It is not an excuse for them - with 15 or 17, they were beaten by a better team on the night.
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016
Not missing your point at all. Winning last night means nothing unless we can be consistent. When our young players play like last night we beat anyone. Problem is we only play like that 1 out of 5 games.


User avatar
guyofthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by guyofthetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:02 am

Anyone know why Taylor went off after 60min?
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39552
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:09 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on this and I believe we still would of won anyway , but they were down to 15 players with probably 55 minutes to go

Party on

Tough titties Happy.

We have been in that position a few times, it wasn't accepted as an excuse for us.

It is not an excuse for them - with 15 or 17, they were beaten by a better team on the night.
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016
Go back to bed...didn't take to long for the ole we won cause the other team was crap..Debbie Downer....of course we need to keep winning games...Captain Obvious.. :roll:

Just enjoy beating Souff's twice...oh wait I see the issue is ..you tipped them...
Again (I SAID WE WOULD OF WON ANYWAY)

You can't talk , you changed your captain to the team that was playing us for Fantasy ....

Stop throwing rocks , your insurance won't cover all the windows your smashing hypocrite :oops:

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39552
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...
Haha some here think others have no idea.
Just a brief look left or right... Swivelling the body slightly or cocking an elbow in a passing motion can be enough to send a defender the wrong way... You only need a second
Yep , fullbacks are looking for any hint , the attacker might move slightly to their weak passing side if they are wanting to pass that way

But in the most cases if you can you want to keep the ball in the middle of the field for a variety of reasons , scoring closer to the post , more chance to link up with more attackers if the player gets run down , if you go wide the only person you are likely to link with is the person who passed the ball (if he is even still alive )

The other advantage to keep the play in the middle if you get run down is sticks the defence in absolute confusion because you can play right or left with a broken defensive line

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9094
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:18 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:

Tough titties Happy.

We have been in that position a few times, it wasn't accepted as an excuse for us.

It is not an excuse for them - with 15 or 17, they were beaten by a better team on the night.
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016
Go back to bed...didn't take to long for the ole we won cause the other team was crap..Debbie Downer....of course we need to keep winning games...Captain Obvious.. :roll:

Just enjoy beating Souff's twice...oh wait I see the issue is ..you tipped them...
Again (I SAID WE WOULD OF WON ANYWAY)

You can't talk , you changed your captain to the team that was playing us for Fantasy ....

Stop throwing rocks , your insurance won't cover all the windows your smashing hypocrite :oops:
I swear you two are long lost twins seperated at birth .....
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39552
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:32 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
You and Southern are missing my point , (plus I said we still would of won :roll: ) that when you see threads rating our Top 8 chances , we need to win the big games coming up

Beating sides like Penrith /Melbourne /Canberra will give you a better idea of where we are at in 2016
Go back to bed...didn't take to long for the ole we won cause the other team was crap..Debbie Downer....of course we need to keep winning games...Captain Obvious.. :roll:

Just enjoy beating Souff's twice...oh wait I see the issue is ..you tipped them...
Again (I SAID WE WOULD OF WON ANYWAY)

You can't talk , you changed your captain to the team that was playing us for Fantasy ....

Stop throwing rocks , your insurance won't cover all the windows your smashing hypocrite :oops:
I swear you two are long lost twins seperated at birth .....
:roll
We are the like the clones from movie Multiplicity ;)

Geo is the special one that ran around the house with the old style pilot goggles and spoke dribble :lol:

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9094
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Go back to bed...didn't take to long for the ole we won cause the other team was crap..Debbie Downer....of course we need to keep winning games...Captain Obvious.. :roll:

Just enjoy beating Souff's twice...oh wait I see the issue is ..you tipped them...
Again (I SAID WE WOULD OF WON ANYWAY)

You can't talk , you changed your captain to the team that was playing us for Fantasy ....

Stop throwing rocks , your insurance won't cover all the windows your smashing hypocrite :oops:
I swear you two are long lost twins seperated at birth .....
:roll
We are the like the clones from movie Multiplicity ;)

Geo is the special one that ran around the house with the old style pilot goggles and spoke dribble :lol:
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27900
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...
Haha some here think others have no idea.
Just a brief look left or right... Swivelling the body slightly or cocking an elbow in a passing motion can be enough to send a defender the wrong way... You only need a second
Yep , fullbacks are looking for any hint , the attacker might move slightly to their weak passing side if they are wanting to pass that way

But in the most cases if you can you want to keep the ball in the middle of the field for a variety of reasons , scoring closer to the post , more chance to link up with more attackers if the player gets run down , if you go wide the only person you are likely to link with is the person who passed the ball (if he is even still alive )

The other advantage to keep the play in the middle if you get run down is sticks the defence in absolute confusion because you can play right or left with a broken defensive line
Yeh, Terry. LAMB
Best support player ever
Always up the middle
"Head for the posts, son"

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:51 am

guyofthetiger wrote:Anyone know why Taylor went off after 60min?
I thought it was somewhere in the late 60's and I assume it was just because we had the interchange spare and thought we should get some fresher legs on the park. He had a big workload in the game and in that last 10 to 15 there is always the risk of an injury.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4879
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:57 am

Nelson wrote:
guyofthetiger wrote:Anyone know why Taylor went off after 60min?
I thought it was somewhere in the late 60's and I assume it was just because we had the interchange spare and thought we should get some fresher legs on the park. He had a big workload in the game and in that last 10 to 15 there is always the risk of an injury.
He also copped some heay cheap shots one in particular an off the ball shoulder charge and was in some pain ,the game was done when he was pulled .

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:34 pm

Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...
This coming from Cyclops :roll :roll

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:38 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He made mistakes but he ran the ball hard and was often threatening we he did so. When Simona scored the try, Moses deliberately ignored Nofoaluma because he is too slow,. I guess we better get used to it because we don't want fast elusive wingers at our club. We want only wingers who will go to ground and can get five metres running the ball out,
He didn't "deliberately ignore" him he looked right to get Walker interested in the gap between he and Nofo and then he went back the other way to Simona. Geez you are one-eyed in your views on things...
This coming from Cyclops :roll :roll
What exactly am I one-eyed about? That you and Paws are muppets? Yeah I'll cop to that.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:47 pm

I couldnt figure out the avalanche of love towards the WtS last night.
Right from the beginning of the preview, the Ch 9 panel was pouring forth the syrup.
Someone from Souths must have trod on some ch 9 toes.

I have to admit though, , even though I dont know ,how JT did it , he actually is a genius coach.
To be able to get Inglis to turn up,AND be nothing more than a spectator for the duration of the game,
IS pure bloody GENIUS

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28300
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:50 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:I couldnt figure out the avalanche of love towards the WtS last night.
Right from the beginning of the preview, the Ch 9 panel was pouring forth the syrup.
Someone from Souths must have trod on some ch 9 toes.

I have to admit though, , even though I dont know ,how JT did it , he actually is a genius coach.
To be able to get Inglis to turn up,AND be nothing more than a spectator for the duration of the game,
IS pure bloody GENIUS
One of my favourite bits is when he watched Moses stroll past for his TRY...you can't beat speed....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post Reply