Addo-Carr

Demps

Addo-Carr

Post by Demps » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:07 pm

Very poor game -
Two weeks in a row.

He just doesn't quite have it - not a first grader.
Let him play out the rest of the year in Cup before departing to Melb.

Offers nothing more than Rankin would and that says it all as Ranko isn't a winger.

Cya JAC.

Simona can play wing with Che-Kam in centre, if I was in charge.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

marzie

Post by marzie » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:15 pm

Id give him one more week. Just had no confidence after bombing that first try and had a few more errors after that

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:22 pm

He's a rookie, he's going to have his ups and downs while getting used to the pressure and pace of first grade. I wouldn't go writing off his career just yet but nor would I be giving him another run in first grade this season. His development is Melbourne's job now and we need to move on. Rankin would have offered more tonight with his goal kicking.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm

eh, he wasnt that bad aside from the two early mistakes

i swear people on this forum have a memory of precisely one game. nothing more.

people were rallying the troops, signing petitions and the whole lot 4 days ago about this guy now we're happy to piss him off after a couple of knock ons in what cant be more than his 6th or 7th NRL game ever
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:27 pm

He has talent, but he is too raw to justify over looking he is leaving.

Back to NSW Cup.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:29 pm

I disagree. I think he's a definite first grader. He's what, 6-7 games into his FG career? All players have off nights from time to time so I'm not too fussed about tonight. He still did the dirty yards and never gave up. We've certainly had worse performances on the wing than Addo-Carr's tonight.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:38 pm

pHyR3 wrote:eh, he wasnt that bad aside from the two early mistakes

i swear people on this forum have a memory of precisely one game. nothing more.

people were rallying the troops, signing petitions and the whole lot 4 days ago about this guy now we're happy to piss him off after a couple of knock ons in what cant be more than his 6th or 7th NRL game ever
Reynolds exposed him late with a couple of kicks as well. One thing he'll have to get out of his game is giving up on the play. When Johnstone knocked that ball back in he stood around protesting instead of playing the whistle and trying to stop Auva'a. That was poor. I don't care if Auva'a would likely have scored anyway I don't like to see players give up.

I agree though that there are some goldfish floating around on this forum.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:40 pm

is fast...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:41 pm

willow wrote:I disagree. I think he's a definite first grader. He's what, 6-7 games into his FG career? All players have off nights from time to time so I'm not too fussed about tonight. He still did the dirty yards and never gave up. We've certainly had worse performances on the wing than Addo-Carr's tonight.
I agree. He will have the odd mistake in him but offers a lot of upside.

I still havent given up hope of him somehow finding his way back to the Tigers some how next year.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:42 pm

willow wrote:I disagree. I think he's a definite first grader. He's what, 6-7 games into his FG career? All players have off nights from time to time so I'm not too fussed about tonight. He still did the dirty yards and never gave up. We've certainly had worse performances on the wing than Addo-Carr's tonight.
I agree. He will have the odd mistake in him but offers a lot of upside.

I still havent given up hope of him somehow finding his way back to the Tigers next year.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:43 pm

I thought he was fine other than the first drop, given the second one was clearly knocked back. He's played half a dozen FG games, and clearly has things to work on, but there's plenty there.
The question is - should we be doing the development for Melbourne's benefit? Can see it both ways tbh.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:47 pm

He deserves a second chance , but our goal kicking woes continue ....

We can't afford throwing way 10 points every week like we did tonight

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:49 pm

I'll stand by what I said last week, he should be 18th man for State Cup.. We should not be helping develop this kid any further, that's now Melbournes job.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:51 pm

A couple of things happen when a player, especially a player that has built the hype and is young, de ides to move in mid year.

1. Mentally they switch off and start thinking of the $ they are going to earn and emotionally they feel bad
2. Their teammates switch off them, especially the ones that have committed to the club for the future

Look at these changes over the Last 2 weeks and the effect it has had.. Make any excuse you want but he has "dropped the ball" and it will only get worse.

IMO we are better investing in Rankin, Hunt, Penni or Heleta who want to play for us for the now and the future and sending him back to Ron Massey (no disrespect to Ron Massey) and let Bellamy start from the beginning.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:54 pm

Ok maybe not his best game but i really liked how he chased when Souths made a break downfield then followed across field before the Souths winger dropped the ball,his pace helps defuse opposition raids which we will miss next year unless we find a suitable replacement.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:59 pm

Chevy wrote:Ok maybe not his best game but i really liked how he chased when Souths made a break downfield then followed across field before the Souths winger dropped the ball,his pace helps defuse opposition raids which we will miss next year unless we find a suitable replacement.
yep saw that, it was brilliant.

5 games of first grade only. not at all disappointed we let him go.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:01 pm

Chevy wrote:Ok maybe not his best game but i really liked how he chased when Souths made a break downfield then followed across field before the Souths winger dropped the ball,his pace helps defuse opposition raids which we will miss next year unless we find a suitable replacement.
He was really good at that. He helped shut down a couple of line breaks with his blinding pace in the same way Koro does. He looks a better defender than Koro actually. I think he's a good chance of doing well down in Melbourne.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:01 pm

he's definitely a first grader but he played awful in that game.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.