Taylor & Positive footy

wd in perth

Re: Taylor & Positive footy

Post by wd in perth » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:05 am

Some can't stand the thought of Taylor being correct. Apparently he can't get em up for games and if by chance they do get up, then he's not happy about it. Who'd wanna be a coach at our club? You'd have to be mad.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:37 am

In a way I saw that game, including Farah's try, as a vindication of both Farah and Taylor. Farah demonstrated beyond doubt that he still has it when he wants to use it and Taylor demonstrated that his game plan, including his use of Farah was a good idea. It certainly got the best out of Farah.
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:52 am

851 wrote:
mctiger wrote:
851 wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:/quote]I loved the smile on his face after he scored his try.
Yep JT didn't look happy when Farah scored, which for a coach of a team who just scored to kick your team to a match winning lead is very odd.
Maybe he was thinking, why did he dummy and go himself……

Anyway to think he wouldn't be happy is just looking for things that aren't there. Oh wait…….
If he was happy he didn't show it, on the TV he looked like the kid who wanted a bike for Christmas and got a pair of socks instead.
You'd know as that's how you act every time we win cos you have no justifiable reason to still give it to the coach. Yet you still manage.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 12:03 pm

NT Tiger wrote:In a way I saw that game, including Farah's try, as a vindication of both Farah and Taylor. Farah demonstrated beyond doubt that he still has it when he wants to use it and Taylor demonstrated that his game plan, including his use of Farah was a good idea. It certainly got the best out of Farah.
Exactly. Farah hasn't completely lost it. He simply can't do everything he was doing as a 25 year old and pull it off. That nothing kick he put in when he first came on is a great example.

The try was Farah playing direct, which is what Taylor wants him to do. The coaching team aren't opposed to runs out of dummy half. They are opposed to the lateral drift from dummy half which eats into the metres of the backline. They are opposed to the nothing inside balls to a player standing still and often in a worse position. The truth is that these bad features creeped into Farah's game later in his career, primarily because he felt that he needed to do everything in the absence of an organising half. Farah became a worse player as a result.

If Farah can go back to his traditional role, playing direct, and giving good service, we will go close to making the 8.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 12:13 pm

Right on the money southerntiger.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 12:19 pm

851 wrote:
mctiger wrote:
851 wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:/quote]I loved the smile on his face after he scored his try.
Yep JT didn't look happy when Farah scored, which for a coach of a team who just scored to kick your team to a match winning lead is very odd.

Anyway to think he wouldn't be happy is just looking for things that aren't there. Oh wait…….
If he was happy he didn't show it, on the TV he looked like the kid who wanted a bike for Christmas and got a pair of socks instead.
Well I saw him smile - but that doesn't count as being happy obviously.

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 5:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
mctiger wrote:
851 wrote: Yep JT didn't look happy when Farah scored, which for a coach of a team who just scored to kick your team to a match winning lead is very odd.

You'd know as that's how you act every time we win cos you have no justifiable reason to still give it to the coach. Yet you still manage.
It was an observation if you didn't see it is not my fault. If you were not so preoccupied with chasing shadows you would see I congratulated the club on the good win in another thread.
Go hard or go home

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 7:43 pm

wd in perth wrote:Some can't stand the thought of Taylor being correct. Apparently he can't get em up for games and if by chance they do get up, then he's not happy about it. Who'd wanna be a coach at our club? You'd have to be mad.
I'm stoked when we win. I just want Taylor to continue ensuring that we play good footy. Not trusting the guy is very different to not wanting him to be correct.

I reckon lots of qualified people would love to be coach of the Wests Tigers.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 7:45 pm

NT Tiger wrote:In a way I saw that game, including Farah's try, as a vindication of both Farah and Taylor. Farah demonstrated beyond doubt that he still has it when he wants to use it and Taylor demonstrated that his game plan, including his use of Farah was a good idea. It certainly got the best out of Farah.
I'm not sure if benching Robbie was the right idea but it wasn't a bad idea. Robbie got plenty of game time. I don't see Robbie as having to vindicate himself either as he has been one of our better players all year.

wd in perth

Post by wd in perth » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:16 pm

stevetiger wrote:
wd in perth wrote:Some can't stand the thought of Taylor being correct. Apparently he can't get em up for games and if by chance they do get up, then he's not happy about it. Who'd wanna be a coach at our club? You'd have to be mad.
I'm stoked when we win. I just want Taylor to continue ensuring that we play good footy. Not trusting the guy is very different to not wanting him to be correct.

Yeah, you're stoked when we win but refuse to credit when warranted. Why you would say you don't trust the guy is odd. I'm not much of a fan of his coaching to date, but jeez, he's trying to make changes and it's obvious he has a plan. Now you might not agree with it, but so far his superiors do. What has he done to suggest he's not trustworthy?

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:33 pm

wd in perth wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

Yeah, you're stoked when we win but refuse to credit when warranted. Why you would say you don't trust the guy is odd. I'm not much of a fan of his coaching to date, but jeez, he's trying to make changes and it's obvious he has a plan. Now you might not agree with it, but so far his superiors do. What has he done to suggest he's not trustworthy?
Exactly. JT has always been direct and upfront. But people on here who don't like his coaching make out like he is some snivelling, dishonest villain out of a pantomime. Says more about them than JT.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:50 pm

stevetiger wrote:

I'm not sure if benching Robbie was the right idea but it wasn't a bad idea. .
Its this the ultimate each way bet post?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 9:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

I'm not sure if benching Robbie was the right idea but it wasn't a bad idea. .
Its this the ultimate each way bet post?
Probably, but not necessarily,

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 9:06 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Exactly. Farah hasn't completely lost it. He simply can't do everything he was doing as a 25 year old and pull it off. That nothing kick he put in when he first came on is a great example.

The try was Farah playing direct, which is what Taylor wants him to do. The coaching team aren't opposed to runs out of dummy half. They are opposed to the lateral drift from dummy half which eats into the metres of the backline. They are opposed to the nothing inside balls to a player standing still and often in a worse position. The truth is that these bad features creeped into Farah's game later in his career, primarily because he felt that he needed to do everything in the absence of an organising half. Farah became a worse player as a result.

If Farah can go back to his traditional role, playing direct, and giving good service, we will go close to making the 8.
southern its an interesting debate on Farahs style.

I dont think "these things crept into his game"

Farah went within a wisker of 2 Dally Ms playing free flowing, creative football. He did hog the ball, and go across field but he was brilliant at it. Up until about 2012 he played with a free licence under Sheens and was at his best.

Simply like you said he cant do what he can when he was 25. Now he is a couple of yards slower, teams know his pet plays, and the ruck speed is pretty slow. He tried playing the penalties the last few years which he never got some mystifyingly.

He had a good game on Friday lets hope it continues.