Grant and Ava

king sirro

Grant and Ava

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:17 am

When Woods and Sue went off i was worried we may stall a bit, but these 2 were the best front rowers on the field. Outstanding off the bench and what a huge thing that is to have. To actually have guys who can out perform two good starters on occasions is a massive plus.

Great game by both big men.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:22 am

Yep. They played well and punched holes into Souths. However Burgers was injured at that time so they were light on for props. Credit to Grant and Ava, strong middle men is something we have been lacking for years.
in Ivan we distrust

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:26 am

They were up against weaker opponents after Burgess went off injured (he's by far the hardest Souths forward to contain) but yeah, they were both very good. Sue and Woods also had good games though, particularly some of their offloads. That offload Sue threw to Robbie was fantastic - he had 2 or 3 defenders on him and was on his way down when he got that ball out. Sue was also running hard in his hit ups, I thought he added an intimidating edge to our forward pack.

I like the fact that we have good and fairly even quality in our prop rotation plus great depth in Felise. Not a lot of clubs have that.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:28 am

Woods - clowning on Nathan Brown (Highlight)
Burgess thinking he can muscle the little men = injures himself (Highlight)
Grant - laughing in the face of the enemy (Highlight)
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

everett

Post by everett » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:34 pm

I really like Sue and Woods starting and Ava and Grant off the bench. Both combinations compliment each other.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 2:50 pm

Been really impressed with Ava this year. His lead up work and off load before nofo's try sublime.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

king sirro wrote:When Woods and Sue went off i was worried we may stall a bit, but these 2 were the best front rowers on the field. Outstanding off the bench and what a huge thing that is to have. To actually have guys who can out perform two good starters on occasions is a massive plus.

Yep. I keep stating that we have a good rotation up the middle. Maybe our pack could do with an impact player but if some of the guys start to offload a little then it's probably not required.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 5:49 pm

Grant loved Brown getting physical, he picked it up a notch.

We need more of that from the big man.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 5:32 am

king sirro wrote:When Woods and Sue went off i was worried we may stall a bit, but these 2 were the best front rowers on the field. Outstanding off the bench and what a huge thing that is to have. To actually have guys who can out perform two good starters on occasions is a massive plus.

Didn't Ava start with Grant on the bench? I agree with Ava running on first but I would also start Sue in front of Alouai as he provides more early aggression. And if we're going to be picky, I'd have Robbie at hooker and JJ on the bench in place of Dene. The main point about Ava and Grant playing well is absolutely correct. It was a truly wholehearted effort by Grant while Ava has been one of our most consistent forwards all year.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 7:25 am

Mighty Tiger wrote:Grant loved Brown getting physical, he picked it up a notch.

We need more of that from the big man.
I thought I saw Grant having a whisper in Browns ear early on. I thought at the time that's why Brown started getting physical. Could have been my imagination but yes it looked like Grant was enjoying himself.
"Quality Stupidity"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:00 am

It was a slight for sore eyes seeing us rumble up the middle, carrying defenders with us...grant n't would've had a ball against his old mob

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:12 am

stevied wrote:

Didn't Ava start with Grant on the bench? I agree with Ava running on first but I would also start Sue in front of Alouai as he provides more early aggression. And if we're going to be picky, I'd have Robbie at hooker and JJ on the bench in place of Dene. The main point about Ava and Grant playing well is absolutely correct. It was a truly wholehearted effort by Grant while Ava has been one of our most consistent forwards all year.
No mate Sue started friday games with Ava on the bench.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:15 am

Ha ha, fair enough!