Classic GI

TIGER

Re: Classic GI

Post by TIGER » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 11:14 am

He's finished as a footballer. He should hang the boots up at seasons end he's got no more to achieve and he's risking making himself look silly by going around for one year too many.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:28 pm

He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

I think his regression started when Simona smashed him.
when we played Souths at the beginning of last year (may have been the year before)
I'm putting in down to that point ....is that too one-eyed?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:48 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

I think his regression started when Simona smashed him.
when we played Souths at the beginning of last year (may have been the year before)
I'm putting in down to that point ....is that too one-eyed?
Lol maybe. Could also be the premiership Souths won in 2014. Could have seen it as the final piece in the puzzle of his career after winning 10 Origin series. Probably feels like he has nothing left to achieve. Which he doesn't.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 6:27 pm

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Where does Qld get all these useless footballers from
Bowreville in NSW?

Sorry you walked into that one ;)
Touche :lol:

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 6:01 pm

tigerap wrote:He is not injured... He just doesn't care 'cause he is no longer the highest paid player on the team....
Everyone's a psychologist aren't they?. Most, if not all NRL players are carrying some damage, and their fitness is as much about managing all the niggles as anything else. If a bloke looks a bit slower one week to the next, it's rarely cos he could't be bothered. Not at this level.

I'm not the Rabbitohs psychologist, or their physio so I don't know what GI's deal is. He used to be the complete athlete, able to run over the top of blokes like a backrower, but equally capable of outrunning the opposition's whole backline. Now GI's slow and busted and seems (to me at least) unsure of his role. The new Braith Anasta.

I don't doubt his commitment. I watched him limp through last year's finals like the Monty Python's Black Knight, and I believe he's determined to do a job for his team. Call Madge Mcguire if you figure out what that job might be.

Watching Moses take the outside line and Beat GI for speed felt like a changing of the guard.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 6:05 pm

A similat theead appeared after tje last time we beat them. He looks tired. Origin period taking its toll. As much as Taylor has copped crap for resting Robbie during origin, I appload the decision to make hard decisioms for the team.

Admittedly, GI has looked tired the whole year. He will be at broncs next year for sure os my guess.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 7:04 pm

shakey4d wrote: Admittedly, GI has looked tired the whole year. He will be at broncs next year for sure os my guess.
The London Broncos?

Post by 851 » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 7:05 pm

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Where does Qld get all these useless footballers from
Bowreville in NSW?

Sorry you walked into that one ;)
No it's in Queensland, just like New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Sydney, there are more but why bother. :o
Go hard or go home

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:34 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Bloody hell Geo , they have had pretty ordinary spray tans , don't you think ??

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:55 am

TIGER wrote:He's finished as a footballer. He should hang the boots up at seasons end he's got no more to achieve and he's risking making himself look silly by going around for one year too many.
Yea he should buy a boat and do a bit of fishing. Hang on I think he already has a boat.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:02 am

What else has he to achieve? He's won three premierships with two clubs (legitimacy notwithstanding,) a raft of Origin series and Test series. He's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. There would be little for him to strive for now unless he wanted to go to another club and look for a third club to win a premiership with.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:36 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:What else has he to achieve? He's won three premierships with two clubs (legitimacy notwithstanding,) a raft of Origin series and Test series. He's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. There would be little for him to strive for now unless he wanted to go to another club and look for a third club to win a premiership with.
And just to prove he is a miracle-worker he makes it WT with JT as coach
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:43 am

Yeah, nah.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:32 am

Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Love it! :lol:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Bloody hell Geo , they have had pretty ordinary spray tans , don't you think ??
Big heads and skinny arms to go with the bad tan. :lol: