Classic GI

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 2402
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Classic GI

Unread post by TIGER » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 11:14 am

He's finished as a footballer. He should hang the boots up at seasons end he's got no more to achieve and he's risking making himself look silly by going around for one year too many.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19213
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:28 pm

He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

I think his regression started when Simona smashed him.
when we played Souths at the beginning of last year (may have been the year before)
I'm putting in down to that point ....is that too one-eyed?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19213
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:48 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:He's starting to regress as badly as Marshall.

I think his regression started when Simona smashed him.
when we played Souths at the beginning of last year (may have been the year before)
I'm putting in down to that point ....is that too one-eyed?
Lol maybe. Could also be the premiership Souths won in 2014. Could have seen it as the final piece in the puzzle of his career after winning 10 Origin series. Probably feels like he has nothing left to achieve. Which he doesn't.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36464
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 6:27 pm

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Where does Qld get all these useless footballers from
Bowreville in NSW?

Sorry you walked into that one ;)
Touche :lol:


User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 6:01 pm

tigerap wrote:He is not injured... He just doesn't care 'cause he is no longer the highest paid player on the team....
Everyone's a psychologist aren't they?. Most, if not all NRL players are carrying some damage, and their fitness is as much about managing all the niggles as anything else. If a bloke looks a bit slower one week to the next, it's rarely cos he could't be bothered. Not at this level.

I'm not the Rabbitohs psychologist, or their physio so I don't know what GI's deal is. He used to be the complete athlete, able to run over the top of blokes like a backrower, but equally capable of outrunning the opposition's whole backline. Now GI's slow and busted and seems (to me at least) unsure of his role. The new Braith Anasta.

I don't doubt his commitment. I watched him limp through last year's finals like the Monty Python's Black Knight, and I believe he's determined to do a job for his team. Call Madge Mcguire if you figure out what that job might be.

Watching Moses take the outside line and Beat GI for speed felt like a changing of the guard.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Unread post by shakey4d » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 6:05 pm

A similat theead appeared after tje last time we beat them. He looks tired. Origin period taking its toll. As much as Taylor has copped crap for resting Robbie during origin, I appload the decision to make hard decisioms for the team.

Admittedly, GI has looked tired the whole year. He will be at broncs next year for sure os my guess.

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 7:04 pm

shakey4d wrote: Admittedly, GI has looked tired the whole year. He will be at broncs next year for sure os my guess.
The London Broncos?

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Unread post by 851 » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 7:05 pm

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Where does Qld get all these useless footballers from
Bowreville in NSW?

Sorry you walked into that one ;)
No it's in Queensland, just like New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Sydney, there are more but why bother. :o
Go hard or go home

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25106
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:34 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o
Image
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36464
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o
Image
Bloody hell Geo , they have had pretty ordinary spray tans , don't you think ??

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:55 am

TIGER wrote:He's finished as a footballer. He should hang the boots up at seasons end he's got no more to achieve and he's risking making himself look silly by going around for one year too many.
Yea he should buy a boat and do a bit of fishing. Hang on I think he already has a boat.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16184
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:02 am

What else has he to achieve? He's won three premierships with two clubs (legitimacy notwithstanding,) a raft of Origin series and Test series. He's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. There would be little for him to strive for now unless he wanted to go to another club and look for a third club to win a premiership with.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:36 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:What else has he to achieve? He's won three premierships with two clubs (legitimacy notwithstanding,) a raft of Origin series and Test series. He's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. There would be little for him to strive for now unless he wanted to go to another club and look for a third club to win a premiership with.
And just to prove he is a miracle-worker he makes it WT with JT as coach
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16184
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:43 am

Yeah, nah.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:32 am

Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Mac tiger wrote:God only knows what the refs & linesman were looking at when GI was working over Teddy's neck - deadset grub with a nasty streak when things aren't going well for him.
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o
Image
Love it! :lol:

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Was that when Kevvie was blowing up deluxe at the touchie? Classic crusher. 4 on field officials plus a bunker and nobody saw nothing.
Blind as bats, the whole lot of them. :o
Image
Bloody hell Geo , they have had pretty ordinary spray tans , don't you think ??
Big heads and skinny arms to go with the bad tan. :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”

cron