Do you believe this? Mitchell Moses does and good on him

AmericanHistoryX

Do you believe this? Mitchell Moses does and good on him

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:36 pm

THE belief is back at the Wests Tigers prompting Mitchell Moses to declare his side can “match it with anyone” as the Tigers mount a finals charge with Moses’ mind now free after ending the ongoing speculation surrounding his future.

The Tigers six try to three drubbing of the Rabbitohs on Friday night left them within striking distance of a top eight spot. Ahead of next week’s bye — their first of the season — the Tigers could sit in equal eighth.

A finals spot seemed unlikely as they slumped to six consecutive losses — including a 60-6 drubbing at the hands of the Raiders just six games ago. But four wins in their past six games has belief high at the Tigers according to Moses.

“We know we can match it with anyone,” Moses said. “We know we can match it with the top five teams. We just need to be more consistent with our footy. Others weeks we have played dreadful.

“Our goal is to make the top eight. We are focused on that. There is a good feeling around the club.

“(Even talking about being in finals contention) is pretty exciting. It’s still early stages of the competition so we can’t get too ahead of ourselves.

“We are in contention for the top eight now.”

The match marked a full week since Moses and halves partner Luke Brooks ended speculation surrounding their futures by agreeing to another season at the Tigers. Moses said the background noise may have been a distraction.

“I didn’t think about it too much when it was all happening,” Moses said. “I was just worried about playing good footy but it is a little bit of a weight off my shoulders. I’m happy my future is sorted.”

Completion is the key for a Tigers side who have battled with consistency. They have lost just one game when they have completed at more than 80 per cent — a one point golden point loss to Melbourne. While just once they have tasted success with a completion rate of less than 80 per cent, when they beat the Warriors in round one.

They completed at a season equalling high of 84 per cent against the Rabbitohs.

“Our aim was to complete at a high percentage,” Moses said. “In the past we have found that we need to complete high. We played tough footy as well which is the big thing. We were kicking high to the corners and defending.

“Our game plan is to complete high and we know we will be in the game towards the end of it. That’s our focus.”

Last edited by AmericanHistoryX on Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:39 pm

Good positive attitude this kid. A lot of hard work on the park and in the Gym and he could be anything.

The_Doc
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by The_Doc » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:48 pm

The exuberance of youth, little does he know we will be in the same place next season when his mind isnt so free thinking of his contract again :?

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:51 pm

He has sort of for a while now reminded me of the Aussie cricket capt Steve Smith. Just not with the blonde hair.
He started out with a heap of potential but hit hurdles early in his career and we know how things turned out from there. Be good if moses could emulate his feats.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:05 pm

maxxy86 wrote:He has sort of for a while now reminded me of the Aussie cricket capt Steve Smith. Just not with the blonde hair.
He started out with a heap of potential but hit hurdles early in his career and we know how things turned out from there. Be good if moses could emulate his feats.
Hmm yes I used to like Steve Smith, now I hate the [no swearing].
But I don't want to hate Mitch.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:18 pm

maxxy86 wrote:He has sort of for a while now reminded me of the Aussie cricket capt Steve Smith. Just not with the blonde hair.
Do you mean Michael Clarke?

maxxy86

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:20 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:
Hmm yes I used to like Steve Smith, now I hate the [no swearing].
But I don't want to hate Mitch.
Arrogance is the worst thing with the Aussie cricketers and yes at times can't stand Mr Smith.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:23 pm

I don't see that in smith at all. He comes across as very humble to me. Plays ut tough on the field though

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:30 pm

Well the rooster pack that road rough shot over us last week are getting schooled by the storm right now, so there is the reality for Moses, 2 weeks to prepare for the storm.
Go hard or go home

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:35 pm

gallagher wrote:I don't see that in smith at all. He comes across as very humble to me. Plays ut tough on the field though
Steve Smith is probably one of the most level headed, humble,good guy Australia cricket has ever produced

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:36 pm

He doesn't lack confidence which is a good thing but talk of making the 8 is premature. The road trip to Melbourne will be a defining test for the team. A win down there could be the catalyst for bigger things, but we are not at the level of Melbourne, Cowboys, Sharks etc yet.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:48 pm

He will be our captain one day & a superstar.

we need to make a run & have a forward pack that will be consistent week in week out, if we do these kids will stay for a long time to come.

maxxy86

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:49 pm

gallagher wrote:
Nuh its Steve Smith have a look next time

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 12:05 am

maxxy86 wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Nuh its Steve Smith have a look next time
Just asking if you had the right guy in mind.
I'll make sure not to ask you any more questions.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 1:01 am

gallagher wrote:I don't see that in smith at all. He comes across as very humble to me. Plays ut tough on the field though
Watch carefully Gallagher and you will see an underlying arrogance that wasn't there at first but has, inevitably and undeniably seeped into his persona. It happens to many Aussie cricketers. It was there in Clarke, McGrath, Warne and Hayden and we can see it now in players such as Warner and Smith. I thought the way he batted against the Windies last summer, using his bat as a tennis racket ,was arrogant, disrespectful and not in the spirit of cricket. Actually, it was the ugliest batting I've seen in my life and a terrible example for young cricketers to see.

Ha, and I thought this was a Tigers RL discussion!

Do I believe what Mitch believes? Yes and no, I think we can match the best sides for periods but not for 80 minutes and that is the difference. Great positive attitude, though, and I can definitely see him as the future Tigers captain.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 1:13 am

The thing is we aren't much worse than the 5 or 6 teams around us. The ladder is proof of that. Besides the top 4, every team in the comp has been inconsistent. The drop from the top 4 to the other 12 teams is dramatic. The comp hasn't been this uneven since before we won in 05. We're hanging in there though and keeping pace with the teams around us. The Panthers game will be huge for us, because getting beat by the Storm is one thing, cos they are the competition benchmark, it's the teams around us like the Panthers, Dragons etc we need to beat. Then we could sneak into the 8. It's too much of an ask to compete with the top 4.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 1:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:The thing is we aren't much worse than the 5 or 6 teams around us. The ladder is proof of that. Besides the top 4, every team in the comp has been inconsistent. The drop from the top 4 to the other 12 teams is dramatic. The comp hasn't been this uneven since before we won in 05. We're hanging in there though and keeping pace with the teams around us. The Panthers game will be huge for us, because getting beat by the Storm is one thing, cos they are the competition benchmark, it's the teams around us like the Panthers, Dragons etc we need to beat. Then we could sneak into the 8. It's too much of an ask to compete with the top 4.
In some ways we are better. It's all about consistency. Mitch's point was whether we can match it with anyone and, from we've been shown so far, no. But we are starting to develop the ingrdedients needed to compete every week. Right now, the Storm, Sharks, Broncos and Cowboys are too good for us but we can make the eight if we play like we did against Souths.
Last edited by stevied on Sun 12 Jun, 2016 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 1:40 am

stevied wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:The thing is we aren't much worse than the 5 or 6 teams around us. The ladder is proof of that. Besides the top 4, every team in the comp has been inconsistent. The drop from the top 4 to the other 12 teams is dramatic. The comp hasn't been this uneven since before we won in 05. We're hanging in there though and keeping pace with the teams around us. The Panthers game will be huge for us, because getting beat by the Storm is one thing, cos they are the competition benchmark, it's the teams around us like the Panthers, Dragons etc we need to beat. Then we could sneak into the 8. It's too much of an ask to compete with the top 4.
In some ways we are better. It's all about consistency. Mitch's point was whether we can match it with anyone and, from we've been shown so far, no. But we are starting to develop the agreements needed to compete every week. Right now, the Storm, Sharks, Broncos and Cowboys are too good for us but we can make the eight if we play like we did against Souths.
Our forward pack needs an overhaul before we can compete consistently. But anyway, it's good to hear the players are still confident. It's ok for us supporters to not be confident, but if the players had no confidence then it would be a lost cause.

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”