Farahs' Last Game

batboy

Farahs' Last Game

Post by batboy » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 10:46 am

Was good to see Farah really step up his game for the last 30-40 minutes against the Rabbits. His urgency really went up a notch - Apart from that rubbish grubber on the 4th, I really couldn't fault him. It was like it finally clicked!!
For the first 15-20 when he first came on it was much of the same from him, But when he finally hit the switch - It made the world of difference.
We all know there are Farah lovers and haters - All that aside, if he can keep up that style of play we'd be a real shot at the 8...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 10:56 am

If he plays like that every week for the rest of the year I will be happy.

It seemed like it worked better for him and the team. We got off to a good start without him, injected him and it paid dividends.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:17 am

I don't think Taylor believes Farah is still an 80 minute player, not if he's going to play at 100%. Putting Robbie in at the 30 minute mark when the Tigers were most vulnerable, and having Ava and Grant come on at the same time may be just what the doctor ordered. Our bench has impact now.

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:26 am

Agreed gents. That spark he got after feeling his way in for a bit was really positive.
Hopefully, His attitude can be the same and he sees the benefits and what he is accomplishing in this role.
Did someone say masterstroke...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:28 am

Agreed... Having Farah being effective every game will go a long way to us winning many more games. I've felt he hasnt been an 80min player for the last 2 years and have always felt a second, fresh DH option would be more beneficial. Now JT has reversed this role to starting from the Bench, I'm happy to let it play out and see if it continues to get results.

If by some miracle we sneak into the Top 8, having Farah in the team will be very important.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:41 am

Definitely guys. I remember when Potter tried to do it in the Manly game and got blasted. Wish he had gotten the support like JT is.

We had a severe habit of losing tight games a few years back from brain snaps or poor execution and I reckon a lot had to do with Robbie being too tired and benji... well, being benji.

We might have a far better chance now when games come down to the final 20.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 1:14 pm

Said it a few times now....Would much rather have Farah on the field in the middle third and backend of the games where we tend to struggle than have him on the bench during these times..it allows him to be fresh to take advantage of other teams as well as lift ours...

I would say even most of his fans would agree he is no longer an 80min player week in week out in the NRL..it's a 17 man game the make up and use of the Bench can be the difference between winning and loosing...

It is not some Machiavellian plot to force him out ...it's what's best for the TEAM...only ego would believe otherwise...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 1:23 pm

Geo. wrote:Said it a few times now....Would much rather have Farah on the field in the middle third and backend of the games where we tend to struggle than have him on the bench during these times..it allows him to be fresh to take advantage of other teams as well as lift ours...

I would say even most of his fans would agree he is no longer an 80min player week in week out in the NRL..it's a 17 man game the make up and use of the Bench can be the difference between winning and losing...

It is not some Machiavellian plot to force him out ...it's what's best for the TEAM...only ego would believe otherwise...

I agree, it's best for the team.
At least during the Origin period, when he is available, have Robbie start from the bench.
If the team continues to win, and Robbie continues to have a positive impact, with this, then why change.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 1:50 pm

There's a lot of love in this thread.....too much if you ask me.....

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 2:45 pm

Seriously - if you didn't recognise Farah's impact on the game against Souths, then you are either blind, should be watching lawn bowls or you're so consumed with loathing for him that you have lost all perspective.

Like most WT fans I just want all this BS to go away -now we have other coaches weighing in with their two bobs worth - FFS!. Apart from Farah's own little dig before SOO #1, JT seems to be the one who is keeping the fires burning a bit too much for my liking. Why doesn't he just say - "we'll pick the team week by week depending on performance of each player and what we think we'll achieve the best results" - done, that's it, finished, end of story. But somehow, every time, his choice of words always leave some opening for interpretation and innuendo - that Farah doesn't fit in, or he's not up to it, or the team will go better without him or his inclusion makes them softer in the middle. I also noticed that all the players were quick to support Farah's performance last week when given a chance, yet JT never complimented him at all.

Don't get me wrong I am for whatever is best for the team and if that is Farah off the bench, then great. I don't think that the one game is going to prove anything however as Halatau played better than usual and so did Farah. To my mind Farah is easily the best alternative at hooker so he should be in the team.

It will be interesting to see what happens and hear the spin if the team doesn't play well.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 3:22 pm

Was excited when I first read the title.... oh well.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 3:45 pm

Title lured me in, thought I was about to read an article how Robbie has either played his last game or has set a date for his last game!
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 4:16 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Title lured me in, thought I was about to read an article how Robbie has either played his last game or has set a date for his last game!

I read it both ways too lol

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 5:59 pm

TigerSJ wrote:Seriously - if you didn't recognise Farah's impact on the game against Souths, then you are either blind, should be watching lawn bowls or you're so consumed with loathing for him that you have lost all perspective.

Like most WT fans I just want all this BS to go away -now we have other coaches weighing in with their two bobs worth - FFS!. Apart from Farah's own little dig before SOO #1, JT seems to be the one who is keeping the fires burning a bit too much for my liking. Why doesn't he just say - "we'll pick the team week by week depending on performance of each player and what we think we'll achieve the best results" - done, that's it, finished, end of story. But somehow, every time, his choice of words always leave some opening for interpretation and innuendo - that Farah doesn't fit in, or he's not up to it, or the team will go better without him or his inclusion makes them softer in the middle. I also noticed that all the players were quick to support Farah's performance last week when given a chance, yet JT never complimented him at all.

Don't get me wrong I am for whatever is best for the team and if that is Farah off the bench, then great. I don't think that the one game is going to prove anything however as Halatau played better than usual and so did Farah. To my mind Farah is easily the best alternative at hooker so he should be in the team.

It will be interesting to see what happens and hear the spin if the team doesn't play well.
I assume that you have not listened when Taylor has complimented Farah since the match, or spoken of selections based on achieving the best results.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 6:10 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:There's a lot of love in this thread.....too much if you ask me.....
He deserves some praise this week, but gee such a performance has been long overdue and those that like to chant Robbie.Robbie ......... had no need to strain their voices since the fence at Campbo grabbed the headlines.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:10 pm

Can't come soon enough... Watch how different this club will perform and act post the Farah era....

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:57 pm

Geo. wrote:Said it a few times now....Would much rather have Farah on the field in the middle third and backend of the games where we tend to struggle than have him on the bench during these times..it allows him to be fresh to take advantage of other teams as well as lift ours...

I would say even most of his fans would agree he is no longer an 80min player week in week out in the NRL..it's a 17 man game the make up and use of the Bench can be the difference between winning and loosing...

I find it funny that you got Machiavellian right and losing wrong. :lol:

I wish Farah would just up and leave. His effort against Souths was great however. The team seemed to function much better. A few more weeks of the same should give us pretty good indication as to whether or not it's the starting from the bench strategy that has changed things or whether it was a one off.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 18 Jun, 2016 7:47 am

Is everyone complaining about Robbie's kick whose catcher almost fumbled it into a knock on - definitely worth a go, Robbie can't walk on water yet but his short kicks get close to it. LIke he has that ball on a yoyo string.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)