The importance of this game cannot be overstated

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: The importance of this game cannot be overstated

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 5:55 pm

A win wouldn't go astray , but it won't be the end of the world if we don't

Ask a few forum members though and Taylor's head should be left on a stake on the Victorian border if we lose

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 6:05 pm

foreverbalmain wrote:
Newtown wrote:I wonder whether the AAMI field will be any better than the atrocious condition it was during last Saturday's rugby test. If not the match should be transferred to Campbelltown.
Have been to all the rebels game this year and this problem has been ongoing since their first home game.
Obviously it's too much to rip up the turf and start again.
League scrums are non events usually, so won't be a problem.
If your a Rebels fan as well as a Tiger...you'll Soon be back to supporting Koro..
great player to have on the wing
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

foreverbalmain

Unread post by foreverbalmain » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 6:47 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
foreverbalmain wrote:
Newtown wrote:I wonder whether the AAMI field will be any better than the atrocious condition it was during last Saturday's rugby test. If not the match should be transferred to Campbelltown.
Have been to all the rebels game this year and this problem has been ongoing since their first home game.
Obviously it's too much to rip up the turf and start again.
League scrums are non events usually, so won't be a problem.
If your a Rebels fan as well as a Tiger...you'll Soon be back to supporting Koro..
great player to have on the wing
Was actually good to be able to barrack for Koro again.
Stand on the bar, stomp your feet, get clapping
Got a real good feeling something bad about to happen

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 10:14 pm

If we can beat the Storm by 71 points & Titans, panthers, Warriors & Dragons all lose we'll be in the top 8 by next Sunday night.

Seriously though we've cleared the bottom 4 by 2 points now so it's just as important to keep winning to keep them at bay as it is to catch the top 8.

Nors05
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Nors05 » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm

I agree with the OP, this game is beyond crucial.

Eels will eventually lose their points and drop them behind us, meaning we will automatically move up a step.
Sharks are likely to put the warriors to the sword given their current form and Warriors history of inconsistency away from home.

I know their are a lot of "ifs" but IF we win against Melbourne then we are genuinely contenting for a top 8 spot.

I really hope we can pull together some consistency and make a late charge into the top 8, then build on that for next year.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 11:04 pm

This game is only important because we lost other important games earlier in the season

If we'd won the important games earlier this games pales into insignificance

I think in the future we win every game , then none are important , or maybe they become more important than the games lose

Or maybe lose every game that we don't win

Who's on 1st again ??

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 396 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 11:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:This game is only important because we lost other important games earlier in the season

I think in the future we win every game , then none are important , or maybe they become more important than the games lose

Who's on 1st again ??
You using up your Toad supply early...Origin isn't till Wednesday...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 11:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:This game is only important because we lost other important games earlier in the season

Who's on 1st again ??
You using up your Toad supply early...Origin isn't till Wednesday...
Your understating the importance of this Geo

Winning is good , losing is bad and drawing isn't an option unless we score the same amount of points as the other team at precisely the same time ,same place and same galaxy

Stick with me on this Geo , I think I need to email JT again , I've possibly stumbled onto something that just might work

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 11:18 pm

Its important we are really competitive.

We need to string some performances together.

I would not say this game is a must win for where we are at as a club.

However if Melbourne rest Cronk and Smith (which i suspect they wont after last weeks lose) it becomes a must win

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 10:32 am

I like us us to play every game, like it's a must win game.

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 11:31 am

I think looking at the big picture winning or loosing this one is no different to any other game. What is more important from here on in is, we do not have any blow outs and we compete with the better teams home or away and under any conditions.

We have to be able to start 2017 knowing without any doubt we are in with a real chance of winning any game against any team and the next couple of months will dictate how that goes

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 6:15 am

Momentum is a big thing in rugby league these days and the years we have succeeded we've had winning streaks. It may have started last round but I'm not counting any chickens. So I don't think its a must win but I do believe its a must to be competitive in this one.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 6:39 am

Will Tommy be gingering the boys up before the game? The trouble is with so many imports there is not much local pride and loyalty to appeal to.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 7:15 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:Will Tommy be gingering the boys up before the game? The trouble is with so many imports there is not much local pride and loyalty to appeal to.
He is a 1 trick pony you need to use different motivation each week.It wouldnt take long before everyone listening tunes out.

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 7:50 am

In my view, out of all the games that remain, this is one of the least important. It is far more important that we win games against teams around us, like the Panthers or Dragons. That way we are denying them the 2 points. The difference between winning and losing is a 4 point gap.

Mind you, the more games that we lose, the more important each remaining game becomes. Unless, of course, we have too many losses and all the future games are played for nothing but pride...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

liltiger

Unread post by liltiger » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 9:18 pm

My apologies guys my post wasn't all that clear, the reason I believe it's a crutial game for us since sheens left is because it will show our board once and for all if Taylor is the man to coach the team moving forward. My concern isn't for making the eight this year if the lads do great my main concern is the ability of the coach to create a team that can consistently make and challenge the eight in years to come and I believe this is the game that will show whether we are on the right track with JT. It shouldn't take much to get the guys motivated for it playing Melbourne away but it will show if the team is developing under Taylor. Win or lose it will show the board if they've out they're faith in the right man. It depends on how competitive we are against Melbourne provided they are at full strength.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 9:33 pm

don't apologize to who you are. just spit it out. if they don't want to listen - that's not on you.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 12:44 pm

It's important for us to start stringing together good performances. The confidence is gradually building but we seem to put in the odd shocker. A win over Melb in Melb might be just what we need to start realising our potential.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”