Will Taylor rest Farah again?

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Will Taylor rest Farah again?

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 3:10 pm

If Taylor wants to save his job, but leaves Farah out this weekend and not even on the bench , then he's a fool.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 5:49 pm

RBG sounds like someone from the media trying to stir up a new story, probably Danny Weidler lol. And the season is not on the line in one game against the Storm..

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 5:59 pm

He is on the bench in the team line-up so I assume that he will play off the bench. I think that is probably the right decision as Robbie will be backing up from origin.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 6:19 pm

supercoach wrote:
RBG wrote:My bet is that he is too much of a coward to do it this time seeing as though the season is on the line against the Storm. Interesting times ahead.
Taylor a coward, hardly mate, maybe stubborn and maybe single minded but he is not a coward. Played a squillion games of NRL in a era where cheap shots were the go and was the smallest bloke on the park, and since he took over the job at the JV he has been up front in what he is about.

You may think he is a hopeless coach and plenty would agree with you but mate he is no Coward and maybe you just might find the Coward by looking in the mirror.
Well said supercoach, and far more accurate than the OP in this thread.

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by 851 » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 6:42 pm

supercoach wrote:
RBG wrote:My bet is that he is too much of a coward to do it this time seeing as though the season is on the line against the Storm. Interesting times ahead.
Taylor a coward, hardly mate, maybe stubborn and maybe single minded but he is not a coward. Played a squillion games of NRL in a era where cheap shots were the go and was the smallest bloke on the park, and since he took over the job at the JV he has been up front in what he is about.

You may think he is a hopeless coach and plenty would agree with you but mate he is no Coward and maybe you just might find the Coward by looking in the mirror.
I agree he played something like 180 odd consecutive games as a half, and whilst I am no fan of his coaching I will give him credit for his toughness and durability.
Go hard or go home

RBG

Unread post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:35 pm

marzie wrote:If he is fit after origin pretty confident he will be coming off the bench again. He rested him for legitimate reasons after last origin
What is the difference apart from travelling to Melbourne which is obviously worse?

RBG

Unread post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:36 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
If the first charge is going well then why bring Robbie on at all, presumably they are all younger and have 80 minute legs. When you are on a good thing stick to it.
Yea because DH was playing 20s only last year :brick:

RBG

Unread post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:38 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:What a stupid post.

JT a coward would be close to quote of the year.

I can't see Farah starting especially after SOO and a trip to Melbourne and how he is struggling to play 80mins.
He is playing 80 minutes in the origin arena and cannot replicate in the NRL.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:42 pm

Jesus.
JT doesnt think Farah cant play 80
He thinks him coming off the bench and playing 50 or 60 is best for the TEAM
So much BS here

RBG

Unread post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:44 pm

Sco77y wrote:RBG sounds like someone from the media trying to stir up a new story, probably Danny Weidler lol. And the season is not on the line in one game against the Storm..
Have you seen our nightmare run? We've lost some games we should not have lost at this point in time.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:44 pm

RBG wrote:
marzie wrote:If he is fit after origin pretty confident he will be coming off the bench again. He rested him for legitimate reasons after last origin
What is the difference apart from travelling to Melbourne which is obviously worse?
He was heavily concussed his last club game preceding Origin 1

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:45 pm

Sco77y wrote:RBG sounds like someone from the media trying to stir up a new story, probably Danny Weidler lol. And the season is not on the line in one game against the Storm..
Reminds me of someone recently banned

RBG

Unread post by RBG » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 8:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
RBG wrote:
He was heavily concussed his last club game preceding Origin 1
Fair point however he played Origin which i am sure he was ready to do so. Do you really believe it was purely precautionary or an excuse?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:16 pm

I think JT was thinking long term...as all club coaches do

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:40 pm

Another nutter. Taylor may be a bad coach. He may be the worst coach in the history of rugby league. But one thing you cannot call him, based on decisions he made in the last 18 months, is a coward.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Reminds me of someone recently banned
He does. And going by this latest round of agenda pushing, probably won't last too long.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:52 pm

Oh..this was serious...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 9:54 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Another nutter. Taylor may be a bad coach. He may be the worst coach in the history of rugby league. But one thing you cannot call him, based on decisions he made in the last 18 months, is a coward.
He proved that against Fa'alogo but sometimes it is wiser to be a coward.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”