Storm Squad..

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Storm Squad..

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 10:34 am

Hope they are at full strength, because we have to be able to beat these better sides with no excuses why we won . In my mind 2016 is all about 2017 and beyond, I know we have had that pitched at us for a few years now but I really think what we do over the next two months defines our next few years,forget the eight, its about pushing these better sides for 80 minutes and being in the contest,if we win that is a bonus but it is about getting respect

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 10:58 am

supercoach wrote:Hope they are at full strength, because we have to be able to beat these better sides with no excuses why we won . In my mind 2016 is all about 2017 and beyond, I know we have had that pitched at us for a few years now but I really think what we do over the next two months defines our next few years,forget the eight, its about pushing these better sides for 80 minutes and being in the contest,if we win that is a bonus but it is about getting respect
That's what I said at the start of the yr that our first step needed to ridding ourselves of the joke of the comp and gain respect. We're on our way. I don't think the outside perception of us is as bad as the last few yrs.

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:21 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:Hope they are at full strength, because we have to be able to beat these better sides with no excuses why we won . In my mind 2016 is all about 2017 and beyond, I know we have had that pitched at us for a few years now but I really think what we do over the next two months defines our next few years,forget the eight, its about pushing these better sides for 80 minutes and being in the contest,if we win that is a bonus but it is about getting respect
That's what I said at the start of the yr that our first step needed to ridding ourselves of the joke of the comp and gain respect. We're on our way. I don't think the outside perception of us is as bad as the last few yrs.

I want to be able to say we beat a top four side that were on their game but we were better, and I am confident those days are not far away, but one blow out like the Canberra game and all the new gained respect goes out the window

Nelson
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:30 am

Balmain Boy wrote:If they make a break, they'll score more often than not.

We are so much slower than they are it's not funny. That's why JAC needed to play. We only have Teddy with pace in our backline.
Simona has plenty of pace over a long range and Moses and Brooks are both quick off the mark. We're not that sluggish.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:49 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wait on..... both these posts resemble Results don't matter it's about performance...

I've heard that somewhere before...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

fibrodreaming

Unread post by fibrodreaming » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 12:29 pm

Nelson wrote:

We are so much slower than they are it's not funny. That's why JAC needed to play. We only have Teddy with pace in our backline.
Simona has plenty of pace over a long range and Moses and Brooks are both quick off the mark. We're not that sluggish.
Agreed Nelson. In fact, I recall hearing a stat that last year we scored the most tries from over half-way of any team. Also, we have scored at least two long-range tries in our last two games against Easts and Souths. That suggests to me that we have enough 'toe' in the back-line.

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 12:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wait on..... both these posts resemble Results don't matter it's about performance...

I've heard that somewhere before...

Your right we have been feed this line before!! but I sort of agree with the basic principle that the results will follow, but first you have to gain respect and you do that by competing for 80 minutes against good sides who are playing well. I am sounding more like Taylor by the minute.

Of course the danger is anything can happen,injuries,players up and leave,you name it, so planning for next year can all go out the window very quickly..just ask Manly,Souths and the Chooks

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 12:49 pm

Nelson wrote:

No, Simona is quick in acceleration but not so much in pace. Kevvy is too, but he's even slower in pace, but has explosive acceleration in short distances.

The halves are also quick but may not be in a position to cover in defence for a break made out wide but of course if they can, they should do.

Sure, not many can catch Koro, but we have one of the few that could. And he did a very good job on him earlier in the season.

Nelson
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 2:02 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
No, Simona is quick in acceleration but not so much in pace. Kevvy is too, but he's even slower in pace, but has explosive acceleration in short distances.

The halves are also quick but may not be in a position to cover in defence for a break made out wide but of course if they can, they should do.

Sure, not many can catch Koro, but we have one of the few that could. And he did a very good job on him earlier in the season.
Simona wouldn't have scored as many long range tries as he has if he wasn't quick over distance. He probably doesn't seem fast to you because he has a strange running style with a long stride and a forward lean, but the results speak for themselves - he doesn't get caught from behind often when he's in space. He showed good pace in that try against Souths for example. I also remember he was right up there in the sprint times a few seasons ago, not far off Koro when he was here (although Koro is clearly the faster of the two).

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 5:52 pm

I hope we put Koroibete under pressure with the floating high balls again

He let 2 bounce when we played them last time and then we never tested him again

cuzzo

Unread post by cuzzo » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 12:06 am

fibrodreaming wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Agreed Nelson. In fact, I recall hearing a stat that last year we scored the most tries from over half-way of any team. Also, we have scored at least two long-range tries in our last two games against Easts and Souths. That suggests to me that we have enough 'toe' in the back-line.

That tells me we're one dimensional.

We back up but don't chase..
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 2:04 pm

Munster and Green not expected to play.

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 81 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 2:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Munster and Green not expected to play.
That will help a lot, gives us a real shot.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 5:10 pm

It's been pretty much confirmed by a reliable source on twitter that they are both out.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 7:49 pm

Big plus for the Tigers if true. Munster is a machine and Green is a very good foil in the halves for Cronk.

Unread post by 851 » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 8:46 pm

willow wrote:Big plus for the Tigers if true. Munster is a machine and Green is a very good foil in the halves for Cronk.
Exactly what I was thinking, but will Bellamy put Harris at 6 to run at Moses.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 9:09 pm

851 wrote:
willow wrote:Big plus for the Tigers if true. Munster is a machine and Green is a very good foil in the halves for Cronk.
Hampton to 6

Unread post by 851 » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 10:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
Hampton to 6
Thanks for that
Go hard or go home

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”