Live game thread: Storm V Tigers

goldcoast tiger

Re: Live game thread: Storm V Tigers

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:14 pm

Actually Woodsie seemed to be running harder today
In the second half anyway.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:32 pm

when Woods stole that ball and was penalised towards the end the second tackler had already dropped off so did it revert to only one tackler and a steal allowable?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post by 851 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:48 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:when Woods stole that ball and was penalised towards the end the second tackler had already dropped off so did it revert to only one tackler and a steal allowable?
No the rule is stupid, if 2 defenders tackle and 1 drops off it is still more than 1 in the tackle. :crazy
Go hard or go home

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 8:36 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Wagga Tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
notarealtiger wrote:So who actually turned the game off? Haha.
Would have but I had 4 players in my fantasy team including Teddy, so I stuck it out
Kept it on but it cost me an ipad :oops:
You serious ?
You should know better by know :lol:
Keep all valuable items out of arms reach during Tigers games !!!
yep, shattered.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 9:57 pm

851 wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:when Woods stole that ball and was penalised towards the end the second tackler had already dropped off so did it revert to only one tackler and a steal allowable?
No the rule is stupid, if 2 defenders tackle and 1 drops off it is still more than 1 in the tackle. :crazy
Was a rubbish call anyway, that was a loose carry if ever there's been one. Glad those two points didn't mean anything in the washup.
Thought we copped the dud share of the 50/50s yet again, probably to be expected against Smith and co., though I note he (Smith) still had a whinge in the post game press conference.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 10:47 pm

why I don't blame Elias for missing some goals because they are usually only the difficult ones and he is pretty close anyway and only a youngster coming up. We are lucky that is another skill he possesses. But even after his first miss I thought that could stop us winning.

Such unlucky that Teddy could not reach that open tryline.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:20 am

hobbo2803 wrote:Oh no not Bwaith again :brick:

Lol Hobo. :lol: That's exactly what we all thought at our household, when we saw his mug pop up next to Warren.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:34 am

avocadoontoast wrote:OMG did Nofo actually just catch something? I'm going to rewind and watch that again.
:lol:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:59 am

Moh wrote:Gotta wonder what was said at half time. Body language and effort completely different from the 2nd half kick off.
Apparently they were told to find and play with some pride and not to undo the good work, of the last couple of weeks.
That pep talk should've been given at the start of the game. :roll:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:45 am

MacDougall wrote:Felise must keep his spot now.
He is good. Hits hard and very strong. Impressed with this young man.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:49 am

NJLM78 wrote:I can't imagine that ET was bought to this club to play 9. He was going great at 13. Playing blokes out of position at this club never works yet we continue to do it.
No we don't , Taylor emphatically "Promised " that that wouldn't happen. :brick:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:54 am

851 wrote:
That's nuts.. I agree. :crazy

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:24 pm

Tigermama wrote:
851 wrote:
That's nuts.. I agree. :crazy
What is the ruling if the first tackler drops off many metres earlier? Is it at the discretion of the ref? Hate to say it but as can be crucial in a game it should go to the bunker.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:38 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
What is the ruling if the first tackler drops off many metres earlier? Is it at the discretion of the ref? Hate to say it but as can be crucial in a game it should go to the bunker.
How long is a piece of string?
Good question though...I dont think Ive really seen that scenario...its usually very quick when one drops off and the other is pinged
It would have to be fair strip, play on...but you never know, you know