Live game thread: Storm V Tigers

stevetiger

Re: Live game thread: Storm V Tigers

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:14 pm

MacDougall wrote:Felise must keep his spot now.
Based on that effort he is the best front rower/lock forward/whatever middle player that we have.
Last edited by stevetiger on Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:14 pm

The dummy half issue didn't help our cause today. Apart from the 2 forward passes, Taylor's service was poor with lots of passes going above the first receivers head.

I know ET tried hard but he shouldn't have been there.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:19 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
notarealtiger wrote:So who actually turned the game off? Haha.
Would have but I had 4 players in my fantasy team including Teddy, so I stuck it out
I did. Then turned it back on into the 2nd half! The first half was painful.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:20 pm

coopy wrote:The dummy half issue didn't help our cause today. Apart from the 2 forward passes, Taylor's service was poor with lots of passes going above the first receivers head.

Yep. That was Jt's fault as well. I think that is another game we lost because of coaching decisions. The guy keeps making mistakes.

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:22 pm

coopy wrote:The dummy half issue didn't help our cause today. Apart from the 2 forward passes, Taylor's service was poor with lots of passes going above the first receivers head.

Exactly, bad service all day!
Wonder if the haters noticed that??

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:28 pm

JT needs to be lynched for not starting Halatau at 9, absolute madness. Surely that spot could have been rotated with someone that can pass better than ET from dummy half. Epic fail and i feel for ET he shouldnt have been put in that position ever again.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:30 pm

stevetiger wrote:

Yep. That was Jt's fault as well. I think that is another game we lose because of coaching decisions. The guy keeps making mistakes.
I tend to agree with the Coaching issue here ..the game was in the balance with plenty of time on the cloak and the storm were vulnerable when the ball was used.So what happens 5 up and kick no off loads or second phase ,I do not know if that was the coach or no leadership on the field ...one other point ET plays lock the team gets a win this was a major tactical error from the coach. Talyor will see out the season but he really lacks that special something to propell the team to the next level!

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:32 pm

Very good effort in the 2nd half, they nearly did 'Melbourne' on Melbourne :)
Again too many missed tackles (mostly in the 1st half) 26, Moses 5 and Lawrence 4, and too many errors - 10, .
Second hald completion was very good. Seumanufagai and Falise had very good game, and Tedesco as alwaysnis our main weapon. They were in panic every time Tedesco had a ball.
Seumanufagai was the best 125 m from 13 runs, 14 tcl;es 0 missed tackles.
Nofoaluma was again bad in defence, but very good in attack, his ball returns were excellent.
If we have a better goal kicker we could have win, which is again excellent result against the benchmarks grinders.
IMHO, our team selection was not the best, Halatau should not be there, especially as we have young stars as Charrington and Liddle.
Aloiai deserves more game time, Lovett does not contribute in attack as much as him.
Go Tigers. :sign:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:32 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:JT needs to be lynched for not starting Halatau at 9, absolute madness. Surely that spot could have been rotated with someone that can pass better than ET from dummy half. Epic fail and i feel for ET he shouldnt have been put in that position ever again.
Another brain dead call from the Scarecrow ... He's definatley got straw for brains .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:44 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:This game should be on the Comedy channel

Ooops!

The game is not over until............

:roll

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:46 pm

WE have five hookers in the club and not one got a guernsey.

JT starting the link between our backline at hooker,what a shocker.

He has lost it.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:50 pm

Snake wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

Yep. That was Jt's fault as well. I think that is another game we lose because of coaching decisions. The guy keeps making mistakes.
I tend to agree with the Coaching issue here ..the game was in the balance with plenty of time on the cloak and the storm were vulnerable when the ball was used.So what happens 5 up and kick no off loads or second phase ,I do not know if that was the coach or no leadership on the field ...one other point ET plays lock the team gets a win this was a major tactical error from the coach. Talyor will see out the season but he really lacks that special something to propell the team to the next level!
Imagine what would have/ could have been with our attack in the second half if Cherrington had been selected. Selections do win or lose matches.

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:51 pm

Why on earth do Moses and niquama keep rushing out of the line? They rush out, miss the tackle and the opposition get a line break or a try. That was the main reason we were smashed in the first half. Is it the coach telling them to do that? If it is, he's an idiot. If he's telling them to slide with the rest of the line and they're ignoring him then maybe they need to spend some time in reserve grade to work on their defence.
It was a good second half but we would have been way more dominant all game if we get smarter about our defence.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:53 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:WE have five hookers in the club and not one got a guernsey.

JT starting the link between our backline at hooker,what a shocker.

He has lost it.
He lost it a long time ago. He is the weakest link in our team. The supporters will be on here again telling us how defence wins games and we've never had structures or whatever.

Crazy talk will always be crazy talk. Sack JT, get a decent coach and we are good to go.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:59 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Ooops!

oh, and you knew there would be a spectacular turn around , did you Col?
You can only comment on what's happening at the time,
It was disgusting

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:02 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Ooops!

:roll:
Just gotta love the Johnny come lately's !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:06 pm

Around the 63rd minute I could have sworn that I saw Moses giving instructions to Woods.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:11 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:Around the 63rd minute I could have sworn that I saw Moses giving instructions to Woods.
He told him to get that stupid hair band off his eyes :lol: