Slugs

shane2801
Member
Member
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:05 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Slugs

Unread post by shane2801 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 5:23 pm

They look as though they are playing with a 20 kg backpack on. Too slow. Brooks and Moses suck it big time and they always will.

Woods is overrated. There I said it.

Nofo, Kevin & Rankin all battlers. How can WT attract decent players playing like this? Stupid penalties, dropped balls and forward passes and it's only half time.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 5:59 pm

Woods isn't much better if at all than JJ and Ava. He is better than Grant who isn't that good and Sue but only because Sue gives away so many penalties.

We have good team though overall and we can match it with most teams in the comp if we play positive footy and had a coach that had a clue about winning games.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3039
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:04 pm

stevetiger wrote:Woods isn't much better if at all than JJ and Ava. He is better than Grant who isn't that good and Sue but only because Sue gives away so many penalties.

We have good team though overall and we can match it with most teams in the comp if we play positive footy and had a coach that had a clue about winning games.
Geez you're harsh on Grant as I felt he was head and shoulders our best in the middle again.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:10 pm

formerguest wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Woods isn't much better if at all than JJ and Ava. He is better than Grant who isn't that good and Sue but only because Sue gives away so many penalties.

We have good team though overall and we can match it with most teams in the comp if we play positive footy and had a coach that had a clue about winning games.
Geez you're harsh on Grant as I felt he was head and shoulders our best in the middle again.
Fair call. Grant is good as well. Our prop rotation is really good. I'm comparing Woods, Grant, Ava, Sue and Felise.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:17 pm

Sue had his worst game today. Did nothing the first 20 minutes except give penalties away. Im not even sure he had more than one run in his first stint. Im a big fan of his but he was MIA today besides stulidity.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS


User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25020
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 136 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:22 pm

stevetiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Woods isn't much better if at all than JJ and Ava. He is better than Grant who isn't that good and Sue but only because Sue gives away so many penalties.

We have good team though overall and we can match it with most teams in the comp if we play positive footy and had a coach that had a clue about winning games.
Geez you're harsh on Grant as I felt he was head and shoulders our best in the middle again.
Fair call. Grant is good as well. Our prop rotation is really good. I'm comparing Woods, Grant, Ava, Sue and Felise.
Classic fence sitter.... You go whatever way the winds going.
Is Grant good or not?

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

king sirro wrote:Sue had his worst game today. Did nothing the first 20 minutes except give penalties away. Im not even sure he had more than one run in his first stint. Im a big fan of his but he was MIA today besides stulidity.
He was terrible wasn't he. I like him as well but there is a line. All I care about is winning games. JJ is ahead of him now.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by LCA » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:53 pm

Woods was very, very ordinary. Again. Our captain? No wonder we sit where we are on the NRL ladder.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:58 pm

Woods has been average since he made the NSW team... Hope he has not adopted the Farah mentality - play NRL only to get in the NSW team and bugger the WT

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 9:20 pm

LCA wrote:Woods was very, very ordinary. Again. Our captain? No wonder we sit where we are on the NRL ladder.
Woods should not be our captain.
A captain gets in the Ref's ear when the decisions are going against us.
A captain starts protecting his halves when the opposite team are targeting them.
A captain yells at and tries to motivate his team when they're playing awful and getting smashed.
Woods doesn't do any of these things. He's just too laid back to be a leader.
If we're planning for the future we need to start thinking about who our long term captain should be.
I'm not sure who it is but I know it's not Woods.
But I think it's a major problem with our culture and run of form. All the best teams have good, strong leaders and we have a frat boy.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”