Brooks

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Brooks

Unread post by Russell » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:44 am

Personally I still think Moses is the much better player, however they are very good together.

Glad to see Brooks getting it together, he can still continue to play that type of game as he is not playing "the play makers game" as such, it is more take on the line and see what happens. Yesterday a lot happened in the second half. Moses is the playmaker as evidenced by the Noffo try.

As we have said many times "rocks and diamonds" - it happens and let us hope it is diamonds this week.

As for Moses being another Benji - don't think so, he will be much better.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:50 am

What extra element impresses me about Moses is that sometimes he is the last line of defence and I am wondering how and why is he even down there, I hope it is not because he missed an earlier tackle.

He got whacked high the other day and was still into the thick of it - sorry I just remember this is a Brookes thread. He also played terrific in second half yesterday.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:12 am

Russell wrote:Personally I still think Moses is the much better player, however they are very good together.

Glad to see Brooks getting it together, he can still continue to play that type of game as he is not playing "the play makers game" as such, it is more take on the line and see what happens. Yesterday a lot happened in the second half. Moses is the playmaker as evidenced by the Noffo try.

As we have said many times "rocks and diamonds" - it happens and let us hope it is diamonds this week.

As for Moses being another Benji - don't think so, he will be much better.
Yes his two try gift shows that.

goldcoast tiger
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:18 am

stryker wrote:Everyone gets on their knees for Moses as he is a poor man's version of Benji. However Brooks had always been the better player. This season he hasnt proven it as his form has been sub first grade standard. For some reason his head hasn't been in the game as evidenced by his shocking defence at times when he has proven previously he can tackle.

Today he competed the whole 80 minutes in attack and defence whilst his show pony mate flailed around like a dying fish for 55 minutes. I don't know what the secret is to unlocking Luke's game consistently but it's about time someone does as he should be playing like he has the past month at a minimum most weekends.
If either is going to make it it probably will be him,
Once he gets confident , he could be much better
If some of Moses Over confidence could be transplanted that would be good,
Wouldn't hurt Moses to lose some of his superiority complex.
Still think both are over paid and under performers at this time

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:17 am

I thought Brooks was excellent today and Moses pretty crap in all honesty. Brooks had nothing to work with first half but didn't let anyone down, where Moses gave two tries away with dreadful reads (I;m possibly being harsh on one of them - there may already have been an overlap).

Second half Brooks really stepped up, while Moses continued delivering mostly garbage.

Not just for yesterday's game, but if the club ends up only being able to keep one it has to be Brooks. First of all, it's easier to find a 5/8 than a genuine half. It also takes halves longer to reach their potential in general. And TBH I've really seen very little from Moses full stop - he just doesn't create often enough to justify his horrible defence and mediocre kicking game.

I tend to think that if Moses had come through on his own rather than as half of Broses we wouldn't be that bothered by him and indeed he might already have found himself out of first grade. Wish we'd kept Martin...

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 4:16 pm

They are 22yr olds in a team with little experience....it's painful but they are learning different things at different times and at different rates. There is no formula its persistence and hard work that will get them where we want them to be....it's frustrating as hell and it may take another coach and another year but they have both shown me enough the last few months that they will get there. A few more calm old heads who perform consistently week in week out would help.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:38 pm

2041 wrote: And TBH I've really seen very little from Moses full stop - he just doesn't create often enough to justify his horrible defence and mediocre kicking game.
Personally, I think he has really stepped up since the arrival of ET. And every game I've watched recently, he has received gushing praise from Sterlo or Johns. Do you think they are wrong? Or it just doesn't balance out the poor stuff?

(not trying to pick a fight. genuinely curious, because I really like his recent form.)
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:53 pm

He showed some class yesterday.

Both look better with early ball, and slay retreating defences. Means they are little bit dependant on the forwards than other halves. Kimmorly was like that.

The play to Simona was outstanding.

Sully

Unread post by Sully » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:23 pm

He has looked better with the arrival of ET. To have someone who can protect you in D and also present themselves in attack to run into holes or create second phase play helps take the pressure of him

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:34 pm

Ironic that a month ago most were saying Moses was the better prospect...we are a fickle bunch

Unread post by 2041 » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:58 pm

Masterton wrote:
2041 wrote: And TBH I've really seen very little from Moses full stop - he just doesn't create often enough to justify his horrible defence and mediocre kicking game.
Personally, I think he has really stepped up since the arrival of ET. And every game I've watched recently, he has received gushing praise from Sterlo or Johns. Do you think they are wrong? Or it just doesn't balance out the poor stuff?

(not trying to pick a fight. genuinely curious, because I really like his recent form.)
I just think it's easier for a 5/8 to show some good flashes, whereas playing half back in today's NRL is bloody hard. I guess I'm just trying to think five years ahead: I believe Brooks can be the metronome of a good side for a decade (Cronk?), whereas I see Moses' upside as, I dunno, Jack Bird maybe? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep both - and if we were the Broncos I'm sure we could - but I just see more upside in Brooks,

Unread post by 2041 » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:00 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Ironic that a month ago most were saying Moses was the better prospect...we are a fickle bunch
Just for the record: not I. As I said above, I'd love to keep both but if it has to be one - Brooks.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:36 am

larrycorowa wrote:They are 22yr olds in a team with little experience....it's painful but they are learning different things at different times and at different rates. There is no formula its persistence and hard work that will get them where we want them to be....it's frustrating as hell and it may take another coach and another year but they have both shown me enough the last few months that they will get there. A few more calm old heads who perform consistently week in week out would help.
I have had my opinions on Brooks and Moses over the months,mostly I have called both of them overrated and overhyped.....however,I can now see how difficult it has been for both to understand and execute NRL structures and game plans,the penny is starting to drop with both of them,Brooks really showed what he can offer against the Storm,if he keeps going that well he will guide this team every week to very good wins,he needs his partner and team mates to do the same...the team needs confidence and the rest of us need more patience,that can be hard and frustrating at times,but let's hang in there and see how the rest of the year goes.....cheers...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”