Brooks

king sirro

Brooks

Post by king sirro » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 5:58 pm

I have always said if you defend well your attack will follow.

Well the last month Luke has been Andrew Johns like in defence and its now reflecting in his attack.

He was our best defender today and our best attacker.

I think he could be finding his way people.

A few weeks ago i called for Moses to play the dominant number 7 role with Luke taking a back seat, i now think im wrong. The more Brooks' confidence grows the more we will see a dominant halfback.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:02 pm

Best game in Wests Tigers colours...threw himself in everything...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:03 pm

Agreed and now the desparate will be calling for him in a Blues jersey

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:08 pm

Him and Moses have come a long way in the last month or so.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:13 pm

He has been great. He did make a dud pass at a critical time but now I see him as being a gun player. His defence has been great, he really has a go and I like the kid.

I think he has been good for a long part of this season as well.

Russta

Post by Russta » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:31 pm

Brooks and Moses have been good. Defence and attack.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:34 pm

Everyone gets on their knees for Moses as he is a poor man's version of Benji. However Brooks had always been the better player. This season he hasnt proven it as his form has been sub first grade standard. For some reason his head hasn't been in the game as evidenced by his shocking defence at times when he has proven previously he can tackle.

Today he competed the whole 80 minutes in attack and defence whilst his show pony mate flailed around like a dying fish for 55 minutes. I don't know what the secret is to unlocking Luke's game consistently but it's about time someone does as he should be playing like he has the past month at a minimum most weekends.
Last edited by stryker on Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:35 pm

Brooks had one of his best running games so far, that pass to Simona was outstanding :)

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:39 pm

who threw the stupid pass at the end? it was one of them running outside and hurled it back inside - was never ever on

but back on topic, yup. always been a fan of brooks' defence despite the missed tackles. so many of them are him making first contact and getting bumped off but 2 forwards almost simultaneously tackle the bloke anyway. happens all the time and makes little difference to anything

in contrast, moses consistently makes very poor (often over enthusiastic) plays in D. he need to get better, he puts immense pressure on naiqama and forces him to make hard decisions that he gets wrong or is no chance anyway and our entire defence falls apart. PLEASE teach the bloke to make correct plays and play calmly in defence

cameron smith tore him apart as we all saw
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:47 pm

He is defending in the middle most of the time now and not out wide and that is the difference. He could always tackle but his decision making was poor. When you defend in the middle it is just a matter of knocking over the bloke in front of you

willow

Post by willow » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:49 pm

Geo. wrote:Best game in Wests Tigers colours...threw himself in everything...
That was easily his best game of the year and if he can bring that to the table each week we'll be far better off.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 10:18 pm

Superb second half.
Makes such a difference when he runs the ball, he had defenders second guessing and made great decisions on the back of it.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm

Geo. wrote:Best game in Wests Tigers colours...threw himself in everything...
You mean because his debut was in Magpies colours?

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 12:39 am

To be fair, his debut was against a Dragons side missing a huge chunk of their starting team. Easy to look good against reserve graders, not so much against seasoned NRL players, let alone the Storm.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 2:09 am

stryker wrote:Everyone gets on their knees for Moses as he is a poor man's version of Benji. However Brooks had always been the better player. This season he hasnt proven it as his form has been sub first grade standard. For some reason his head hasn't been in the game as evidenced by his shocking defence at times when he has proven previously he can tackle.

Today he competed the whole 80 minutes in attack and defence whilst his show pony mate flailed around like a dying fish for 55 minutes. I don't know what the secret is to unlocking Luke's game consistently but it's about time someone does as he should be playing like he has the past month at a minimum most weekends.
I have started in the last 6 week to think Brooks is the better player.
\Hopefully they can blossom as a partnership as they can both be dynamite.
However if i had to keep one I would probably keep Brooks and put a journey man alongside him.
Moses has those Marshall shockers in him.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 2:12 am

I agree with all the positive comments. Brooks really looked like a first grade halfback today. He seemed to want the ball and run the show. He has a similar build to Johns and is now showing that he can defend like him.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 3:43 am

ET has copped the blame for a couple of forward passes from dummy half and I guess, rightly so, but Brooks half owned those errors by rushing things. I reckon his enthusiasm gets him to where he needs to be before he needs to be there. His kicking game in general play was great. I love the way he works in tandem with Teddy. That kick off was diabolical however. There's no excuses for that rubbish.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 3:50 am

The frustrating part is that Broses is a fairly solid footballer, but Brooks and Moses individually have some glaring and different weaknesses.

Moses does some things well that Brooks does not, and vice versa. Neither of them take full control of 80 mins yet.

Both halves schooled once again by Cooper Cronk. With no Green or Munster Tigers swarmed Cronk, he just bid his time. I know they are miles apart in experience, but they have such a long long way to go.