Jordan Rankin - The Immortal

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Re: Jordan Rankin - The Immortal

Unread post by Russell » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:30 am

stevied wrote:Sorry, I haven't read all the comments, and this may have already been said, but wasn't Rankin in the team for his goal kicking? Also, I agree that to single out Rankin for more criticism is a bit harsh. He played a satisfactory game with very few opportunities and, once again, he IS NOT a winger. I agree with others that JAC should be chosen because he is a winger, and a very fast one, who will bolster our try scoring potential. I think he wanted to stay with us but we took too long to table a decent offer and his manager advised him to take the money and run.

He did not want to stay with us, that is the point. If he did he would not have signed with Melbourne. He was after MONEY!!!!

Hope he enjoys it.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:20 am

Russell wrote:
stevied wrote:Sorry, I haven't read all the comments, and this may have already been said, but wasn't Rankin in the team for his goal kicking? Also, I agree that to single out Rankin for more criticism is a bit harsh. He played a satisfactory game with very few opportunities and, once again, he IS NOT a winger. I agree with others that JAC should be chosen because he is a winger, and a very fast one, who will bolster our try scoring potential. I think he wanted to stay with us but we took too long to table a decent offer and his manager advised him to take the money and run.

He did not want to stay with us, that is the point. If he did he would not have signed with Melbourne. He was after MONEY!!!!

Hope he enjoys it.
He'll probably enjoy it more there than here, he may learn something there.

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 9:55 am

Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:Your a wanker
Just because someone has a different opinion to you its pretty low and lowest common denominator to resort to that.

Your better then that
Wheres your moral compass when you call people haters or apoligists because they disagree with you?
Hypocrite.

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:25 am

JAC > Rankin.

It's that simple for me, I don't care where he is playing in 2017, that's next year. We have to worry about trying to win games this year.

JAC is young and will have bad games and mistakes in him but his good outweighs that.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:58 am

851 wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:Nobody has mentioned Naiqama yet. I thought he was by far our worst out there today. The worst defending I have ever seen. The worst thing is that he looked like he gave up very easily when Koro ran through his line. Jeez mate, you are being paid to be a professional footballer, at least act like it.
Gasnier and Anasta were making comments today about his very poor reads in defence, yet the selectors can't see it. :bash
Did Anasta even attempt a tackle in his entire time with us?

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:00 am

Russell wrote:

Hope he enjoys it.
I don't know if it was to do with money but if he was determined to stay with us he could have at least waited before signing elsewhere. He signed with Melbourne before we were even halfway through the year. Anybody who really badly wanted to stay with us would have stuck it out and proved themselves worth keeping.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:41 am

JAC = money grubbing flog.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:49 am

To be fair, everyone that plays wants a contract, security and some cash. Hardly worthy of being called a flog

barra
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 12:21 pm

Sabre wrote:
Russell wrote:

Hope he enjoys it.
I don't know if it was to do with money but if he was determined to stay with us he could have at least waited before signing elsewhere. He signed with Melbourne before we were even halfway through the year. Anybody who really badly wanted to stay with us would have stuck it out and proved themselves worth keeping.
Maybe - but to be fair mate, we know nothing about the circumstances surrounding his decision.

Like the old saying goes, always two sides to a story.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 3:02 pm

Crap post, our team was very poor in the first half and it cost us the game. This is a veiled shot at our admin or jt, come out and say it don't throw mud at a guy who was having a crack, playing out of position and being outflanked in all sides.

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:03 pm

Russell wrote:
851 wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:Nobody has mentioned Naiqama yet. I thought he was by far our worst out there today. The worst defending I have ever seen. The worst thing is that he looked like he gave up very easily when Koro ran through his line. Jeez mate, you are being paid to be a professional footballer, at least act like it.
Gasnier and Anasta were making comments today about his very poor reads in defence, yet the selectors can't see it. :bash

Of course everyone believes the Guru - Bwaithe.

There were a million poor reads and efforts in the first half. Let us single out one player though.

Rankin was selected by "The selection committee" but once again let us single out one member.
I was talking about Kev Einstein, maybe take a read before launching into me again, but now you mention it, Rankin on the wing not kicking goals is a dumb call.
Go hard or go home

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:45 am

Congrats to Jordan. Dropping the game last night, in his 'better' position as well. Another spellbinding performance. Not even goalkicking. Surely the writing is on the wall now.

Rankin back to the pub in the UK where he belongs.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:10 am

pacman wrote:Congrats to Jordan. Dropping the game last night, in his 'better' position as well. Another spellbinding performance. Not even goalkicking. Surely the writing is on the wall now.

And he should take a few of his teammates with him that didn't play well,Noofa,Naigama and don't forget Rowdys ordinary attempted tackle that let a try in...its all well and good to bag out Rankin,he has done a pretty good job playing out of position all year, he had an off night and mostly he gives 100%when he does run out for us.......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:53 am

pacman wrote:Congrats to Jordan. Dropping the game last night, in his 'better' position as well. Another spellbinding performance. Not even goalkicking. Surely the writing is on the wall now.

You have an absolute obsession with bagging the bloke.
Funny thing is, the thing you normally bag him out about most is getting forced back in tackles. yet last night your mate Addo-Carr got man-handled like I haven't since since Shannon McDonnell. He must have been pushed back 5m every time he got tackled.
Rankin's mistakes came from playing fullback - something he won't be required to do again this year (touch wood). I'd still have him ahead of JAC on the wing for now.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 12:01 pm

Maybe we can name the other 5 players in this team that are in the Rankin Immortal arena as Jordan seems to be the wipping boy ATM.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 12:09 pm

The bloke has been playing out of position and hanging in without ever doing anything wonderful.
Last night in one of his preferred positions he had a shocker.
He seems a decent guy but we should be picking teams to win games.
JAC offers so much more on the wing it isn't even close.
Heleta has been playing great in reserves - I'd have him in the team over Rankin any day.

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 2:37 pm

cktiger wrote:The bloke has been playing out of position and hanging in without ever doing anything wonderful.
Last night in one of his preferred positions he had a shocker.
He seems a decent guy but we should be picking teams to win games.
JAC offers so much more on the wing it isn't even close.
Heleta has been playing great in reserves - I'd have him in the team over Rankin any day.
And that is the point exactly, he might try hard, but he is not our best option on the wing, or fullback for that matter, so pick JAC or Heleta or both and drop Kev to, we are suppose to be trying to win each week, lets give the team the best chance of doing this.
Go hard or go home

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 2:55 pm

Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:Your a wanker
Just because someone has a different opinion to you its pretty low and lowest common denominator to resort to that.

Your better then that
Come on guys watch your language - it's you're!

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”