Jordan Rankin - The Immortal

CocaCola
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Jordan Rankin - The Immortal

Unread post by CocaCola » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 4:50 pm

TigerWoods wrote:JAC = money grubbing flog.
Sport is an occupation, so treat contracts as such. No one would criticize someone in the workforce joining another company if they were offered a great package.

I doubt Storm was going to wait until the end of the season to receive an answer from JAC. They needed to replace Koro, so with the options out there, they weren't going to wait around for a youngster to play 'God'.
JAC most likely felt pressured to accept a deal from the most successful club in the past decade while it was on the table. No brainier to accept a first grade gig when your stuck behind other players at this club.

If anyone is to blame, it's the club. We were desperate for a winger(s), and yet they didn't secure a young talented prospect.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:46 pm

pacman wrote:Congrats to Jordan. Dropping the game last night, in his 'better' position as well. Another spellbinding performance. Not even goalkicking. Surely the writing is on the wall now.

Rankin back to the pub in the UK where he belongs.
I did not see any post from you when Simona bombed a sitter a few weeks ago.You seem to be very narrow and selective when you target players to have a shot at.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:59 pm

supercoach wrote:
pacman wrote:Congrats to Jordan. Dropping the game last night, in his 'better' position as well. Another spellbinding performance. Not even goalkicking. Surely the writing is on the wall now.

I did not see any post from you when Simona bombed a sitter a few weeks ago.You seem to be very narrow and selective when you target players to have a shot at.
Simona has been performing well. He's allowed a few mistakes.

Rankin has not and is continuing to show that he is utter rubbish. Rankin will have one average game and 3 poor ones. Never earned back his spot in first grade as he was poor in NSW Cup too.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 7:01 pm

Sabre wrote:

You have an absolute obsession with bagging the bloke.
Funny thing is, the thing you normally bag him out about most is getting forced back in tackles. yet last night your mate Addo-Carr got man-handled like I haven't since since Shannon McDonnell. He must have been pushed back 5m every time he got tackled.
Rankin's mistakes came from playing fullback - something he won't be required to do again this year (touch wood). I'd still have him ahead of JAC on the wing for now.
Well Addo-Carr still did more in one run than Rankin did all night. Our gameplan was stupid in the second half. Dogs adjusted and were piling 3-4 in tackles. We continued to go 1 out hit ups..

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 7:03 pm

pacman wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Simona has been performing well. He's allowed a few mistakes.

Rankin has not and is continuing to show that he is utter rubbish. Rankin will have one average game and 3 poor ones. Never earned back his spot in first grade as he was poor in NSW Cup too.
Rankin never was and never will be a first grade player .
The mind boggles how some hacks end up in first grade !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 98 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 7:28 pm

And I thought Kyle Lovett was a shoe-in for the Daniel Fitzhenry scapegoat of the year award. Now we've got a real battle on our hands! Luke Brooks must be a sneaky chance too.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 7:33 pm

I wonder how many more Koroibete, Vuvnivalu, or Tanila Tuiaki's are running around in Fiji or those other islands just waiting to be discovered?

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:26 pm

bathursttiger wrote:I wonder how many more Koroibete, Vuvnivalu, or Tanila Tuiaki's are running around in Fiji or those other islands just waiting to be discovered?
Maybe can look to sign someone who misses the cut in their Olympic sevens team. Apparently there is a bloke there named Hayne who will not make the final squad

Carefactor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Carefactor » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 1:30 pm

Just bumping this thread ready for another year of contributions.

Newtown

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 1:45 pm

What will be Rankin's ranking in the first grade team this year.

Born tiger
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by Born tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 1:46 pm

Lol, im ready.. ill save this thread in my favourites

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 1:55 pm

I'd love to see him win a place in the NSW Cup Team of the Year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 2:00 pm

Masterton wrote:I'd love to see him win a place in the NSW Cup Team of the Year.
at another club

Born tiger
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by Born tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 2:37 pm

Masterton wrote:I'd love to see him win a place in the NSW Cup Team of the Year.
Is that because he has then played lots of NSW cup?

fergiefurr
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 2:39 pm

replace NSW cup with ESL and i agree

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 2:44 pm

Born tiger wrote:
I hate bagging our own players, and he obviously tries hard, but I'd prefer he never got a crack at first grade again.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 2:48 pm

Carefactor wrote:Just bumping this thread ready for another year of contributions.
Guaranteed this thread will get a work out, I will wait till Round 1 before I throw him under the Bus but Naiqama will be on par with him :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 7:39 pm

Masterton wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
I hate bagging our own players, and he obviously tries hard, but I'd prefer he never got a crack at first grade again.
JT"s golden child got a rails run last year, he could play as bad as he liked and still get picked every week, JT owns that wreck, lets hope that does not happen again this year. :x
Go hard or go home

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”