The forward pass try.

goldtiger
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:44 am
Location: gold coast QLD

The forward pass try.

Post by goldtiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:20 pm

The cooper cronk forward pass to harris to score in the first half. No excuses our first half was poor. But at the time i thought great another 6 points they will beat us by. But at the end of the game i was left asking myself, what if the pass had been called forward. Instead of 20-26 it would have been 20 all with everything going our way.

This game could have been ours if the refs made the correct call.

All that said our first half was well below nrl standard. JT needs to get fair up the boys in the video session this week


User avatar
glebe_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:23 pm

Who else but the Storm with more dodgy decisions against us. Just like Leichhardt but this game we were pretty much beaten at half time. I like the rest of us am glad that they responded and fought in the second half and made a game of it.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

It was a dud call.

ashman
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by ashman » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

The other turning point possibly was the poor pass by Moses and then Marika runs 90 metres to score ... We were threatening their line. At worst we should have had them working it out from their line or so.. So many ifs and butts. But you don't know how we would have gone if we were only 6-12 points down. We really did get the calls our way second half.. we are a momentum team but just can't grind it out or be solid enough during the tough times.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

Meh, it happens.
Refs need to be better than that though.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:27 pm

It's just part and parcel of being a wests Tigers supporter ...
Every game we get dudded some way or another
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Winnipeg
Member
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:32 pm

terrible call and yeah it made more of a difference than it looked like at the time, but the refs were definitely in our corner at the start of the second half.

I thought their first three penalties were soft as but we got a few second half to even it up a bit.

By the end of the 80 mins it was probably pretty even - moral of the story though is the officiating in the NRL is a joke - I wouldn't have been too happy even if we won

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:39 pm

Definitely a forward pass, thought Lawrence might've gotten something on it too which could make the bunker call it a knock on.
That said, I thought Kev's pass to Nofo was forward too. It happens, and we never should've let it get to 26-0

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:43 pm

Bunker should have just ruled on it. It was too obvious to turn a blind eye to.

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:43 pm

It went three metres forward.

Terrible home town decision.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22473
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:45 pm

MacDougall wrote:Bunker should have just ruled on it. It was too obvious to turn a blind eye to.
They can't rule on forward passes, as obvious as it was.

I know it's a game of ifs and buts but you take out that try and Koro's try and we win.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:53 pm

A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:53 pm

Crap call but I am sure the Storm would argue we got a couple of calls in the second half. The bottom line we have to look at things we control,kicking out on the full from the kick off, Moses poor pass and two forward passes from dummy half, that is what lost us the game not the refs poor call.

We are a very lucky football team because if we can jag 50% of possession we have the attacking brilliance to beat any side and that is what we have to work at

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:58 pm

southerntiger wrote:A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.
That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.

snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Post by snowleopard » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:01 pm

Or the 4 points form missed goals . Storm wouldn't have been able to close it out with a field goal

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6331
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:24 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
southerntiger wrote:A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.
That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.
There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
I didn't think we were dubbed by the Refs.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one
Refs are always the biggest excuses here.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22473
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:27 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
southerntiger wrote:A few tough calls. Strip on Woods at end was clearly wrong and given the way such plays have been called all year it was incredible it was called a penalty. Storm were 5 metres off side for Koro's try but refs never call those. Would have been interesting if video ref was asked to look at it.
That strip was a joke.

And Bwaif and co never said a word.
There was originally two defenders in the tackle, if one drops off you still can't strip the ball.
I didn't think we were dubbed by the Refs.
One of our tries was pretty suspect too. (Can't remember which one) but there was one
Refs are always the biggest excuses here.
The try we scored off the Vuni mistake came off a play you could arguably say we took one of their players out from the bomb. If that had been the other way around the forum would have blown up. We got some bad calls, but we had 1 or 2 go our way as well.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29377
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:31 pm

Koro lost the ball though..it just happened to end in Woods possession ...seen plenty of those called loose carries this year..if it hits the deck ...Scrum..

As for the NFL TRY...you could almost hear Patton in the Bunker not want to give it...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Post Reply
cron