Today showed me one thing - We're starting to mature

innsaneink

Re: Today showed me one thing - We're starting to mature

Post by innsaneink » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 4:29 pm

Players knock on and it gifts the oppostion a set, players kick out on the full, or kick it dead, or throw a bad pass....it gifts the opposition a set, theyre all committed by players,, the same players selected by their coach....damned coaches, thanks to them the opposition are gifted sets

It happens every game, every week, every year

ETs two forward passes however will go down in history

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 4:49 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:Tigermama,the game against the Storm in the first half was well and truly below NRL standard,our TALENTED team must learn to play a grinding 80 minutes of football,complete their sets,win the middle and try not to play the flashy game..when they did get it together they found giving a huge start to a well disciplined team to much to overcome...I hope they learnt a lot out of that game,because in my opinion the team should have won that game,they had Melb on the back foot a heap of times and made rookie mistakes and gave away silly penalties,without these they could have quite easily accounted for the Storm....
Bring on the Panthers and see if they have learnt from the previous week... :)
I dont know if its true as I hadnt counted them , But i heard on the radio yesterday, that we had 9 penalties in a row(for us)
Does anyone know if that was right or not,
It seemed that we had a lot near the Storm's 20 metre line
we had 7 all up, so very doubtful

probably heard em wrong and they said 'no penalties in a row'
Sounded over the top. Thanks

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 5:27 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:Tigermama,the game against the Storm in the first half was well and truly below NRL standard,our TALENTED team must learn to play a grinding 80 minutes of football,complete their sets,win the middle and try not to play the flashy game..when they did get it together they found giving a huge start to a well disciplined team to much to overcome...I hope they learnt a lot out of that game,because in my opinion the team should have won that game,they had Melb on the back foot a heap of times and made rookie mistakes and gave away silly penalties,without these they could have quite easily accounted for the Storm....
I dont know if its true as I hadnt counted them , But i heard on the radio yesterday, that we had 9 penalties in a row(for us)
I heard that too.... Tough talking Shane... Ex bears now storm gibberer from Mt druitt
Guy is full of garbage.... 2sm regular know nothing airwaves troll.... You can ring them and say pretty much anything

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 5:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
I heard that too.... Tough talking Shane... Ex bears now storm gibberer from Mt druitt
Guy is full of garbage.... 2sm regular know nothing airwaves troll.... You can ring them and say pretty much anything
Yeah, he is a tosser for mine and mainly because he changed allegiances to Melbourne, whom are one of the big reasons his former team are gone, yet bleats about ARL aligned clubs all the time.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 7:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:Players knock on and it gifts the oppostion a set, players kick out on the full, or kick it dead, or throw a bad pass....it gifts the opposition a set, theyre all committed by players,, the same players selected by their coach....damned coaches, thanks to them the opposition are gifted sets

It happens every game, every week, every year

ETs two forward passes however will go down in history
Drop the sm**t*rse act for once Ink,
whether you like it or not, an experienced, or even a relative new dummy half,doesnt throw passes like that, in every game , every week, every year.
If he did, he wouldn't be in first grade for long
especialy that bad , twice , in a very short space of time,
It was a bad decision by Taylor.
Thats all I was saying .
if you think that it was a coaching master stroke By JT, thats your opinion ,and youre welcome to it

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 9:33 am

Actually nothing I saw in the whole match brought me to thinking we've matured. We competed for the full 80 but we've had good practice at that. The refs kept us in the second half. Being without a dummy half didn't help but when we got within 6 our halves didn't bring us home.
We seemed to panic more when we had 12-13 minutes to go and could have nailed them in their half with some smart kicking. But hopefully they learn from that.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 10:14 am

Maturity might have been the wrong word, but there's definitely character and a lot of fight that wasn't there earlier in the yr. We got off to a shocking start, but hung in there, came back, and if we kept our composure, could have actually won. To put it into perspective, 2 weeks earlier the Storm beat the Roosters 46-0.