Today showed me one thing - We're starting to mature

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Today showed me one thing - We're starting to mature

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:57 pm

We've come a long way since the Raiders game, not just because of the wins, but efforts like today. To come back like that and almost win shows this team is growing in confidence and self belief. That second half is character building stuff.

Not happy about the loss, but rapt with the character. Definitely think we can give the top 8 a shake.

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 6:58 pm

If we had a hooker in the team we probably would have won, with ET playing 13.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:03 pm

851 wrote:If we had a hooker in the team we probably would have won, with ET playing 13.
Buckets strikes again.

Unread post by 851 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:If we had a hooker in the team we probably would have won, with ET playing 13.
Buckets strikes again.
IF Buckets is signing off on these moronic team selections, then he needs to follow JT out the door, it is that simple.
We are not giving our team the best chance at winning each week with these dumb selections, Rankin, Kev, moving our best forward out of position and no hooker, they are just really dumb selections, and they are making our job which is all ready hard near impossible. :x
Go hard or go home

supercoach
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:08 pm

Agree 100%, I remember Taylor saying something along the line that you replace a player for a player who plays the same position when he first came to our club. We needed a real no9 out there and we need ET playing 1st receiver. The Storm targeted Moses all arvo and if he was second receiver he would have had more time and space to deal with the pressure.

Anyway from where I sit we did not loose any friends out there today, that was nearly as good as a win

Unread post by 851 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:10 pm

supercoach wrote:
Agree 100%, I remember Taylor saying something along the line that you replace a player for a player who plays the same position when he first came to our club. We needed a real no9 out there and we need ET playing 1st receiver. The Storm targeted Moses all arvo and if he was second receiver he would have had more time and space to deal with the pressure.

Anyway from where I sit we did not loose any friends out there today, that was nearly as good as a win
True, but our team is not getting the best chance of winning with these dumb decisions.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:13 pm

supercoach wrote:that was nearly as good as a win
I think so too. I'm about as satisfied as you can be after a loss. I feel better after this loss than i felt after the Newcastle win.

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
I think so too. I'm about as satisfied as you can be after a loss. I feel better after this loss than i felt after the Newcastle win.
I think your summed it up perfectly, the Knights win was not as good as todays loss....except for two points

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:19 pm

supercoach wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I think your summed it up perfectly, the Knights win was not as good as todays loss....except for two points
And we probably would have beaten most teams too.

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
And we probably would have beaten most teams too.
We lost the game between about the ten and thirty minute mark, we had no ball, we made school boy errors and took some dumb options, not many teams could turn a game around like we did today

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:30 pm

supercoach wrote:We lost the game between about the ten and thirty minute mark, we had no ball, we made school boy errors and took some dumb options, not many teams could turn a game around like we did today
I think the turning point was the poor kick that lead to the Storms first try. We did a great job early repelling them off our line, and we just completed a set on halfway, and instead of driving it into the corner to play field position, we put up a terrible bomb and Koro cut us to pieces.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:46 pm

I think today's game showed how good our squad is and out bad our coach is.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:47 pm

Small turning point but significant.

Our best forward playing hooker throws a 2 metre forward pass and we barely see the ball again until it is 26-0.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:48 pm

All I can say is the Tigers have the second worst defence in the league to be honest this makes a mockery of Taylor's defensive statements...Whether this is a sign of a mature team ?

hobbo
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:We lost the game between about the ten and thirty minute mark, we had no ball, we made school boy errors and took some dumb options, not many teams could turn a game around like we did today
I think the turning point was the poor kick that lead to the Storms first try. We did a great job early repelling them off our line, and we just completed a set on halfway, and instead of driving it into the corner to play field position, we put up a terrible bomb and Koro cut us to pieces.
I thought the same .
That was the kick which brooks should've took but he passed it to Moses ( they panicked )
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:51 pm

What has happened to Cherrington.. Joke losing games to make a point ?... Crikey

Unread post by 851 » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:54 pm

Snake wrote:All I can say is the Tigers have the second worst defence in the league to be honest this makes a mockery of Taylor's defensive statements...Whether this is a sign of a mature team ?
Quiet enough of the facts, only the knights who almost done the double on us have more points scored against them, the much spruiked JT defence is a myth, we are still leaking over 25 points per match.
Go hard or go home

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 7:56 pm

I just can't agree that this team is mature. Our defence is the 2nd worse in the competition.If thta was getting better i might agree, or if we were grinding out wins against decent opposition.

We gave up a 26-0 lead threw some terrible footy. Storm were missing a couple of their spine yet we played ourselves out of the game in 20 minutes of football.

We made a big comeback, we often play our best football when out of the game. Our attacking players played some sparking football when the pressure was off. Dont get me wrong, it was exciting and showed some character to not give up. This was a big improvement, however Canbrera was a disgrace we should not be comparing anything with that and boasting too much about it.

As soon as it came back within 6 the Storm held us safely at bay as we took a few poor options.

However today showed me something different. That this team does have talent to do something however somthing is not right.I dont think where we are sitting on the ladder reflects the talent in this team.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm”