WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Tigerdon

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:37 am

I'm all for Kev to wing. Chee Kam to centre.
in Ivan we distrust

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:41 am

Every game our RHS defence gets targeted. In th Melb game the TV commentators were banging on about it. And before you know it Melbourne were 20 points up on us. This is what we need to change most.
in Ivan we distrust

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:52 am

magpiecol wrote:Why would you pick JAC when he will not even be with us next year? Crazy. He is not the world's best winger. Not even close.

If he was staying, then a different matter.
Such a stupid argument. He's our best winger and we're paying him. He should therefore be selected.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 10:39 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Why would you pick JAC when he will not even be with us next year? Crazy. He is not the world's best winger. Not even close.

Such a stupid argument. He's our best winger and we're paying him. He should therefore be selected.
Totally agree avo!

What does next year have to do with anything @ round 17 sitting a couple of wins off the top 8???

Surely it must be all about this year now!

barra

Post by barra » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 10:42 am

I think Nofo is > Kev on the wing.

And the defence of Chee Kam seems better than Kev's. So logic tells me that Chee Kam should replace Kev if it's defence we're concerned about.

But if there is one sure bet about Kevvie being rocks and diamonds, he usually does follow up a poor game with a good one. And he'll need to this week with Peachey agin him!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 10:46 am

avocadoontoast wrote:

Our best winger!!!!!!

Not by a long way. What planet are you on?

:crazy

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 1:22 pm

magpiecol wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Our best winger!!!!!!

Earth. Ever heard of it?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 2:43 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Our best winger!!!!!!

Earth. Ever heard of it?
Avo and Col,it doesn't matter if he is best or worse winger in the squad,I honestly reckon it has nothing to do with him playing at Storm next year,but more so,his poor game against Souths....I can't really tell because Iam not privy to the info,but my gut tells me Oniel and or JT are punishing him for those errors and sent him back to State Cup...if he should be in the team,then why don't they put Jack Littlejohn back in at hooker,he did a fine job in the opening rounds and should be called up on that form...but then again who knows...as for JAC,he still does have a lot of developing to do,and for what its worth,I think Rankin in that spot just for experience alone is a good backup,not as flashy or fast but doing a reasonable job in an unfamiliar position...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 3:43 pm

Russell wrote:
Needaname wrote:Do people even watch the games?
Calling for Sue in the backrow, when it is clear his best games are when he plays in tight in short sessions.
He is the man that should take the first hit up to allow for woods to follow up with his long strides. That combination works best. The rotation of grant and ava works off the bench they complement each other really effectively and I am starting to see grants aggression and power game creep back.
JT or Buckets (whoever) identifying this and staring Sue with woods was one of the better selection choices.
Not sure about Chee Cam, can understand the conjecture but K.N offers so much more in attack, best option for mine would be to have CC as the final position on the bench. As he covers many options.
Ado Carr is rocks and Diamonds, Rankin does the job required which is finishing plays and providing minimal errors. If it was up to me I'd have Heleta which is very similar to nofoluma in running strength, but can understand as that would make our back line the shortest in the comp already cleary a deficiency when targeted by teams with tall wingers and centre's. There also may be a 2nd tier salary cap issue with this.
Robbie off the bench is a good option for us, especially to keep the fire alive in him and to allow the team to adapt to the time when his not available. Also could be very beneficial against a fast finishing and unpredictable panthers outfit.
Hopefully by seasons end it is Liddle starting with robbie coming in with his experience, but that would only happen if halatal retires by seasons end.
On halatal, as much as I am happy with how JT is managing farah and other concussion scenarios he makes a mockery of his justifications if halatal is playing this weekend. To have a head knock and not be able to come back in the match is surely a one game rest minimum, taking into consideration of age and weariness the poor guy needs a rest.
Keep ET at lock, but as some have mentioned he warmed to the role of hooker and was actually looking more than capable towards the back end of the game. Good to see it is an additional option if required.
But it should be just that!
You obviously do watch the game. Really good post, enjoyed the read and the content. I think along the same lines Needaname.
I agree with all this except the comments on concussion. Robbie has had concussions while, at the same time, the club is trying to look after his health through the SOO campaign. Hatalau had a concussion last week but has passed the cognisance testing this week, giving him a clean bill of health for the weekend. Totally different to Robbie's case.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:05 pm

Of all the selections made really after round 2 I can't for the life of me understand why they have persisted with Kev . I reckon If you added up the points scored because of his misreads or panics it is the major reason why we have lost so many games . Maybe they blame Moses or Nofo or 2nd tier cap issues but for my mind .. Fix that problem and we are at least 2 tries less nearly every game . If I was a forward I would be so peed ...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 9:07 pm

TigerWoods wrote:Dene is the new Malone
not quite accurate. Halateau was considered not good enough for first grade by quite a few posters on here right from the start of the season

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 4:50 pm

Tigerdon wrote:Every game our RHS defence gets targeted. In th Melb game the TV commentators were banging on about it. And before you know it Melbourne were 20 points up on us. This is what we need to change most.
I know. It's like every man and his dog knows about it except JT. Shows the inept coaching in spades.
I don't know if it's JT or the defensive coach but someone is really having a Barry Crocker
Tigers tragic since 1980.