WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Eddie

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Post by Eddie » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:49 pm

Buckets is kidding keeping Farah on the bench for Halatau.

Also im questioning why Buckets has kept Rankin despite not kicking goals ahead of JAC

Gotta feel for Jt!!

In all seriousness i can live with Farah being in the bench as it worked against a pretty poor Souths. Not sure i would be sticking with it, but if you win games with it im not totally against it.
Last edited by Eddie on Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:53 pm

Aside from JAC/Rankin this is the side that beat Souths. Go well boys!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:26 pm

Why would you pick JAC when he will not even be with us next year? Crazy. He is not the world's best winger. Not even close.

If he was staying, then a different matter.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:32 pm

magpiecol wrote:Why would you pick JAC when he will not even be with us next year? Crazy. He is not the world's best winger. Not even close.

I wonder if Cowboys fans are asking the same question of Tamou

Still....JAC is an exciting player, I wouldnt be against him being in the side regardless of where he is next year

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Why would you pick JAC when he will not even be with us next year? Crazy. He is not the world's best winger. Not even close.

Still....JAC is an exciting player, I wouldnt be against him being in the side regardless of where he is next year
I understand playing Tamou, seasoned pro who delivers week in week out. JAC, rocks and diamonds at this stage of his career.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:46 pm

A couple of former Panffers players in our ranks that will be keen on a big one, my offering on the hooker situation, after last week where Dene appeared injured early surely Robbie starts the game.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:51 pm

clokan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I understand playing Tamou, seasoned pro who delivers week in week out. JAC, rocks and diamonds at this stage of his career.
His still a better option on the wing than Rankin. Whilst we are in contention for the 8 and we are still paying JAC why wouldn't you use him?

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:52 pm

Coming off the bench seemed to work really well for Robbie last time, certainly one of the better games he's played for a while and with a bit of energy too.

The team is fine, as long as we can play the full 80 minutes, we should go ok.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:55 pm

Changes to be made prior to the game that would make a difference.

1. Rankin out. JAC in.
2. Halatau to the bench. Robbie starting hooker.
3. Lovett drops off the bench. Felise comes in.

It won't happen but these are the types of decisions that we need to make.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 9:21 pm

I would start with Ava, move Sue to the second row, move Alouai to the bench, keep Felise, drop Lovett and put JAC in for Rankin.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 9:23 pm

We have 3 glaring weaknesses 1) Naiqama is the worst defender in the centres in living memory
2) Halatau was past first grade in 2014. 3) Rankin is not even worthy of a NSW Cup spot on the wing.

MCK replaces Naiqama (Centre)
Naiqama replaces Rankin (Wing)
Liddle/Cherro replaces Halatau (Hooker)

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:45 pm

stevetiger wrote:Changes to be made prior to the game that would make a difference.

1. Rankin out. JAC in.

Agree 100%
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:46 pm

Dene is the new Malone
Tigers tragic since 1980.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:12 pm

stevetiger wrote:Changes to be made prior to the game that would make a difference.

1. Rankin out. JAC in.

Not just aimed at you Steve

Remember three weeks ago v Souths

Exact same combination and arguably our best win

I'm was exactly the same against Halatau

Peter Garrett was right ladies and gentlemen

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mid ... &FORM=VIRE

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:17 pm

Do people even watch the games?
Calling for Sue in the backrow, when it is clear his best games are when he plays in tight in short sessions.
He is the man that should take the first hit up to allow for woods to follow up with his long strides. That combination works best. The rotation of grant and ava works off the bench they complement each other really effectively and I am starting to see grants aggression and power game creep back.
JT or Buckets (whoever) identifying this and staring Sue with woods was one of the better selection choices.
Not sure about Chee Cam, can understand the conjecture but K.N offers so much more in attack, best option for mine would be to have CC as the final position on the bench. As he covers many options.
Ado Carr is rocks and Diamonds, Rankin does the job required which is finishing plays and providing minimal errors. If it was up to me I'd have Heleta which is very similar to nofoluma in running strength, but can understand as that would make our back line the shortest in the comp already cleary a deficiency when targeted by teams with tall wingers and centre's. There also may be a 2nd tier salary cap issue with this.
Robbie off the bench is a good option for us, especially to keep the fire alive in him and to allow the team to adapt to the time when his not available. Also could be very beneficial against a fast finishing and unpredictable panthers outfit.
Hopefully by seasons end it is Liddle starting with robbie coming in with his experience, but that would only happen if halatal retires by seasons end.
On halatal, as much as I am happy with how JT is managing farah and other concussion scenarios he makes a mockery of his justifications if halatal is playing this weekend. To have a head knock and not be able to come back in the match is surely a one game rest minimum, taking into consideration of age and weariness the poor guy needs a rest.
Keep ET at lock, but as some have mentioned he warmed to the role of hooker and was actually looking more than capable towards the back end of the game. Good to see it is an additional option if required.
But it should be just that!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 7:51 am

TigerWoods wrote:Dene is the new Malone
Yep, because the forum needs a whipping boy. Once Halatau is gone, it will revert back to Lovett.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:06 am

Needaname wrote:Do people even watch the games?
Calling for Sue in the backrow, when it is clear his best games are when he plays in tight in short sessions.
He is the man that should take the first hit up to allow for woods to follow up with his long strides. That combination works best. The rotation of grant and ava works off the bench they complement each other really effectively and I am starting to see grants aggression and power game creep back.
JT or Buckets (whoever) identifying this and staring Sue with woods was one of the better selection choices.
Not sure about Chee Cam, can understand the conjecture but K.N offers so much more in attack, best option for mine would be to have CC as the final position on the bench. As he covers many options.
Ado Carr is rocks and Diamonds, Rankin does the job required which is finishing plays and providing minimal errors. If it was up to me I'd have Heleta which is very similar to nofoluma in running strength, but can understand as that would make our back line the shortest in the comp already cleary a deficiency when targeted by teams with tall wingers and centre's. There also may be a 2nd tier salary cap issue with this.
Robbie off the bench is a good option for us, especially to keep the fire alive in him and to allow the team to adapt to the time when his not available. Also could be very beneficial against a fast finishing and unpredictable panthers outfit.
Hopefully by seasons end it is Liddle starting with robbie coming in with his experience, but that would only happen if halatal retires by seasons end.
On halatal, as much as I am happy with how JT is managing farah and other concussion scenarios he makes a mockery of his justifications if halatal is playing this weekend. To have a head knock and not be able to come back in the match is surely a one game rest minimum, taking into consideration of age and weariness the poor guy needs a rest.
Keep ET at lock, but as some have mentioned he warmed to the role of hooker and was actually looking more than capable towards the back end of the game. Good to see it is an additional option if required.
But it should be just that!
You obviously do watch the game. Really good post, enjoyed the read and the content. I think along the same lines Needaname.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:25 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:Dene is the new Malone
Yep, because the forum needs a whipping boy. Once Halatau is gone, it will revert back to Lovett.
I got a feeling it will be whoever replaces Farah if he goes.