13. Suaia Matagi

14. Sitaleki Akauola
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Chris Grevsmuhl
17. James Fisher-Harris
20. Sam McKendry

willow

Post by willow » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:50 pm

I suspect Penrith will continue on their winning ways against us. Cartwright will be a handful at 6 and is sure to get a few offloads away.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:52 pm

Hardaker will be in there somewhere, either at fullback or centre.

Moylan either shifts to the halves or Peachey to the bench.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:54 pm

Milky wrote:Hardaker will be in there somewhere, either at fullback or centre.

Moylan either shifts to the halves or Peachey to the bench.
I'd be very surprised. I'd say he'll be at least another week. He's come from the other side of the world, he needs to settle in.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:55 pm

willow wrote:I suspect Penrith will continue on their winning ways against us. Cartwright will be a handful at 6 and is sure to get a few offloads away.
I think we match up well tbh. Carty is a freak, but he has his off weeks. If we get off to a better start and put in for the full 80, i'm confident about this game.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
willow wrote:I suspect Penrith will continue on their winning ways against us. Cartwright will be a handful at 6 and is sure to get a few offloads away.
I think we match up well tbh. Carty is a freak, but he has his off weeks. If we get off to a better start and put in for the full 80, i'm confident about this game.
I just worry about what he'll do to Moses, Kev and Nofo. They really need to start working together as a unit and trusting each other to make tackles.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:04 pm

Nelson wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I just worry about what he'll do to Moses, Kev and Nofo. They really need to start working together as a unit and trusting each other to make tackles.
On current form he'll carve us up. We just can't handle off loads.
Him and teddy will continue to embarass Daley.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:11 pm

Super dangerous backline.

Which doesn't bode well for our poor defensive backline. Hope it doesn't get ugly!

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 7:29 pm

Best game of the round I think.
Very excited to watch....
Wish I could see it live but I'm at work all day till 5.
Great match up and I'm keen as!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 8:04 pm

Good side, but like us, they can't play for 80. Beatable.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 11:42 am

Mac tiger wrote:Good side, but like us, they can't play for 80. Beatable.
That's my evaluation of the panthers also, they also have a less experienced side than ours. But seem to defend better alas why they are on more comp points.
The winning team will come from who wins the battle up front, which is a cliche but the emphasis will be huge in this game. So I think we can get away with the points in this one in a close one.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 3:00 pm

barra wrote:Super dangerous backline.

Which doesn't bode well for our poor defensive backline. Hope it doesn't get ugly!
Barra,if they have learnt from last week and grind out the game,cut out dumb penalties and silly passes,I honestly think our team can get over the top of the Panthers...they have to refine their discipline and shore up the middle...hopefully Moses and Kev don't run out of the defensive line and make it easy for the Panthers backs...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 3:28 pm

If we can play the way we did in the second half against Melbourne, we are in this game up to our eyeballs. I'll be going and I expect the team to reward me with a good win.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 3:40 pm

Penrith are probably the team we play like most in the comp but they are a fraction better at this stage. Both teams can attack from anywhere, both teams are il disciplined at times and prone to silly errors but can score three try in five minutes.

Penrith are stronger in the offload department and probably a little older and wiser, but it will be close and either team is capable of producing total crap or on the other hand pure magic. I think Penrith by 8 in a very high scoring game. Could come down to the dreaded goal kicking

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 5:17 pm

Nelson wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I think we can take an educated guess..

1. Cartwright will target Moses who is one of the NRL's worst defenders. Mitch will go high for some stupid reason and Carty will throw him off before drawing Kev and setting up an overlap for Mansour.

2. Cartwright will target Moses who is one of the NRL's worst defenders and through using footwork at the line, will make a break and offload to Moylan for the score.

3. Cartwright will continue targeting Moses and as he is one of the NRL's worst defenders, Kev will be drawn in to help. Carty will pass out the back to Moylan who will have a field day with the overlap created.

Our right side defence is so clueless it is staggering. I say Moses is one of the worst defenders statistically but he is standing beside the grand daddy of bad defenders. Kev is absolutely pathetic and not even close to first grade standard. Penrith left side will run riot unless we control possession and play for field position. That said, our right side is a disaster at either end of the field, so Moylan and Cartwright will bully it....Teddy will have his hands full covering for them.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 5:50 pm

stryker wrote:
Nelson wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

1. Cartwright will target Moses who is one of the NRL's worst defenders. Mitch will go high for some stupid reason and Carty will throw him off before drawing Kev and setting up an overlap for Mansour.

2. Cartwright will target Moses who is one of the NRL's worst defenders and through using footwork at the line, will make a break and offload to Moylan for the score.

3. Cartwright will continue targeting Moses and as he is one of the NRL's worst defenders, Kev will be drawn in to help. Carty will pass out the back to Moylan who will have a field day with the overlap created.

Our right side defence is so clueless it is staggering. I say Moses is one of the worst defenders statistically but he is standing beside the grand daddy of bad defenders. Kev is absolutely pathetic and not even close to first grade standard. Penrith left side will run riot unless we control possession and play for field position. That said, our right side is a disaster at either end of the field, so Moylan and Cartwright will bully it....Teddy will have his hands full covering for them.

Easy fix. Have our right side D stand off side all game forcing the panthers dh to subconsciously want to pass to his right where there's more "space".

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 5:55 pm

stryker wrote:
Nelson wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Or Moses will target Cartwright, who is a bad defender, and we will run away with the game.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:06 pm

Maybe...