Referees....

69-05-41

Re: Referees....

Unread post by 69-05-41 » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 9:44 pm

Mrs Badger did stand and point and the second referee was looking directly at her before he ignored her and continued running downfield. A massive boo went up after the subsequent try. Somehow the two referees appeared to be the only people in the stadium that missed the forward pass. :roll:

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:14 pm

I really felt for the team with that call... as fans we can blow up and feel hard done by, but they were the ones who'd been busting their butts to get that as reward. Disgraceful call!

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:16 pm

Not usually one to complain about refs, but that was a joke tonight.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:21 pm

If you think the refereeing was bad in our game, the Eels got the rough end of the pineapple tonight. One try off a blatant forward pass, and another after a player lost the ball before being allowed to play it and leads to a try!
But once again the referees will not be held accountable for their mistakes.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:49 pm

sheer64 wrote:If you think the refereeing was bad in our game, the Eels got the rough end of the pineapple tonight. One try off a blatant forward pass, and another after a player lost the ball before being allowed to play it and leads to a try!
But once again the referees will not be held accountable for their mistakes.
Nothing compared to the basketball game I was just at , I stopped drinking free spirits to continually abuse them

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:42 pm

We are Tigers fans and, therefore tend to see the game through black and gold glasses. However, there is no question in my mind that the referees are hard on us and it's not just last night's game. Any doubt whatsoever regarding a Tigers try and it's called a no try by the on field ref(Nofo clearly grounded the ball) whereas more favored, opposition teams are given contestable decisions quickly (which can then affect close decisions in the bunker). The forward pass was a disgrace and HAD to be dealt with somehow by the officials. Did we get a penalty in the second half? We were forced to defend wave after wave of Panthers attack, often on the back of 50/50 penalties. Were we really that much more poorly disciplined than Penrith?? Finally, I agree, that the first half penalty and resulting two points for knocking the ball out of the dummy half's hands was a joke too. Full marks for the Tigers defense and composure, given all the bum decisions. There's no way that the Panthers deserved to be anywhere near us on the scoreboard and they shouldn't have been.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:36 am

Same old story. At least we are getting use to it

WestsSupporter

Unread post by WestsSupporter » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:40 am

The rub of the green depends on if you're in channel 9's good books in that year.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 5:39 am

We should have been given a penalty with that forward pass, honestly, what's the point in having all these cameras if they can't call on something as blatant as that?

And if they can't do it, how about bringing in the damn Captain's Call thing???? that would solve some problems. I don't care about slowing the game down.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 6:51 am

The refs yesterday where disgraceful.The penalty count was something like 8-2 or 9-2 and they may as well been wearing panther jumpers with their decisions.The 2 sides were not refereed equally.Having said that i was very pleased by the fact that our boys put in the effort that they did.The final score was not a true indication of the game

Blaze

Unread post by Blaze » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 8:59 am

stevied wrote:We are Tigers fans and, therefore tend to see the game through black and gold glasses. However, there is no question in my mind that the referees are hard on us and it's not just last night's game. Any doubt whatsoever regarding a Tigers try and it's called a no try by the on field ref(Nofo clearly grounded the ball) whereas more favored, opposition teams are given contestable decisions quickly (which can then affect close decisions in the bunker). The forward pass was a disgrace and HAD to be dealt with somehow by the officials. Did we get a penalty in the second half? We were forced to defend wave after wave of Panthers attack, often on the back of 50/50 penalties. Were we really that much more poorly disciplined than Penrith?? Finally, I agree, that the first half penalty and resulting two points for knocking the ball out of the dummy half's hands was a joke too. Full marks for the Tigers defense and composure, given all the bum decisions. There's no way that the Panthers deserved to be anywhere near us on the scoreboard and they shouldn't have been.
That nofo try was a balls up by the ref, I clearly heard him say that he thinks he got it down, only to say no try as he went to the bunker! He knew it would have to be clear cut to give it even tho he originally thought otherwise! Thank god the cameras showed it clearly.... Blatant cheating

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:20 am

jadtiger wrote:The refs yesterday where disgraceful.The penalty count was something like 8-2 or 9-2 and they may as well been wearing panther jumpers with their decisions.The 2 sides were not refereed equally.Having said that i was very pleased by the fact that our boys put in the effort that they did.The final score was not a true indication of the game
I reckon the penalty count was worse than 8 or 9-2

My young fella said a stat came up saying Penrith had 6 of the last 8 penalties in the 2nd half alone

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 9:46 am

Fair dinkum, you guys are kidding. The refs were fine. I'd say good. Hardly a penalty in the first half and we're able to really play scoring 22 points.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:00 am

wd in perth wrote:Fair dinkum, you guys are kidding. The refs were fine. I'd say good. Hardly a penalty in the first half and we're able to really play scoring 22 points.
I reckon every Penrith try came after a shocking call that either went against us

Their first try came after Woods was deemed to knock after Penrith took 3 days getting off us

Their second came after an alleged strip

The last one came after a forward pass that was almost NFLish

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 394 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:04 am

I warned you all....just saw Mrs Badge again call the forward pass to which the gumby's in the middle ignored...sorta like Happy when Mrs Happy tells him to bring home the milk and eggs...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:10 am

You know what guys, we were lucky the poor display from the officials didnt cost us the game.

Yeah we got hard done but thankfully walked away with the 2 points at the end.

Thats why teams should never rely on the refs to win games, they sure can make team lose games too

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:35 am

Geo. wrote:I warned you all....just saw Mrs Badge again call the forward pass to which the gumby's in the middle ignored...sorta like Happy when Mrs Happy tells him to bring home the milk and eggs...
I seem to recall Steve Clark ignoring a crucial touchie call in a game against Canberra at Cambo around '08 or so.... Touchie was proved correct

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:41 am

Geo. wrote:I warned you all....just saw Mrs Badge again call the forward pass to which the gumby's in the middle ignored...sorta like Happy when Mrs Happy tells him to bring home the milk and eggs...
It was scourers yesterday Geo :lol:

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”